Sky digital

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Does anybody else have trouble with sky digital? By that I mean freezing up and not responding. It's very annoying sometimes as you end up stuck with a blue screen and not being able to go back to the channel you were watching and not even being able to turn it off.

Or is it just me?

Kaitlyn

One of Freddy's beloved
I had the same problem, ended up it was the tree in my garden interfering with the signal. Either that or do a system reboot on the box.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I find that after a while (talking days here) it takes a while for the channel to change, and the little information box that tells you whats on when you change channels says "information not available"

Normally turning the Box off and back on fixes it, I have the Amstrad box but my parents have a similiar problem with a non Amstrad Box.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Usually the wind, and lets face it the wind has been a-blowing recently.

If not that a bios update will usually help, you gotta ring them up to do it though.

I used to fit Sky :(

gmloki

Part of the furniture
We changed from SKY to NTL for that exact reason. Not a problem since. Believe it or not we have not had a problem with our broadband from NTL either :clap:

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
It's usually weather interfering from my past experiences.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I've never had any problems with it, and there was a force 10 gale here two weeks ago.

The missus and I have one of the big arse dishes, and it's stuck into the ground using cement and very large stones. Maybe this makes a difference?

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I wanted to get it a few years ago, there's a huge tree directly in between me and the satellite though :( I'm thinking of trying a pole mount in the back yard aimed over the house. Anyone else had problems like this and overcome them?

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
If you have any problems with your sky box just:

1) turn it off via the plug.
2) take out the card and blow any dust on it or in the card slot.
3) put the card back in and switch the box on. Wait 3 minutes then turn it on (you may have to keep pressing your remote's on button a few times).
4) When it comes on head to the channel list page and do nothing until all the shows are listed.

Basically you'll reboot the box and it's always worked for me (sky digital engineer told me this process).

]SK[

One of Freddy's beloved
My dad has a problem where it bascially looks like its loosing its signal. If you mess with the connection on the back it partially comes back on. It can be fine and then suddenly just does it. The SKY installer said he has one of the strongest signals hes ever seen. Theres nothing around him to cause interferance, I put it down to faulty equipment? Basically SKY wont do anything without coming out and charging him. My dads quite tight so said bollox I will cancel and resubscribe for a pound and get a fresh install.

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
As much as i liked sky for the extra channels and functionality when i had it in my flat, i always prefered NTL for TV, so much more reliable!

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
The connection on the back where the optical cable goes in can pratically fall out over time. Just make sure the bolt is tighten. You can take it out and reinsert it BUT do not touch the end (you can leave greasy marks on the optical fibre). Also pushing it gently in once in a while will insure the connection is sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom