TV Sky Anytime+ for ALL Sky subcribers

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
So Sky bowed to the inevitable and will be making their VOD service available to all Sky subscribers from Easter onwards. It used to be that you had to have Sky Broadband to get Anytime+, but it won't matter what ISP you're with any more.

This is because so many people wanted BBC iPlayer and ITVplayer on Anytime+ that Sky cut a deal with BBC and ITV. BBC said that Sky could have iPlayer on the condition that ALL Sky subscribers could get it.
Sky gave in.

The Sky press release: http://goo.gl/DfsCA
BBC article about it: http://goo.gl/4cx3T
The Register as well: http://goo.gl/rQXH9

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
They had to really cause they gave anytime to virgin as well so keeping it from their own customers was a bit silly

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Good news. Even less reason to go back to their broadband service now :)

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Especially with Virgin doubling all their speeds in the next few months :)

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
cunts, i moved to sky broadband about 5 months ago because of anytime plus and to be honest it isnt that good.

The box (or series) sets are shit and lacking, and the one or 2 they do have dont even start from season 1. My mate who has Virgin watched house and a few other of their box sets and they all started from season 1.

Why the fuck would I want to start watching a series from season 3 or 4..

Should have stayed with o2 :(

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah, despite having this since it launched I haven't used it once. There's nothing on it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I've used it a few times; I watched Mad Dogs on it the other day because I forgot to Sky+ it, and Boardwalk empire a couple times. We do actually get it in Ireland but the BBC (and now ITV I guess) bits don't work.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
It's not too bad for just sticking a random movie on I've not seen in a while, although I still personally think it's behind Virgin in the on demand stakes :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Good news on the iplayer front, my parents really dislike that you couldn't get catch up tv for terrestrial tv on sky. They will be delighted.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
So I am on Virgin Media for BB, will I have to plug the Sky Box into my router to take advantage of this ?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So glad it is available to any broadband user, Sky broadband just sucks cock. It was fine when it was EasyNet but went downhill rapidly when Sky installed all the packet inspection shit known to man. Never trust Sky broadband or anything operated by Lloyds Development Capital, you do not know who is watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom