Sklad spec plz

Sorao

Fledgling Freddie
hi guys ima looking to amke a skald how is best to spec him ?

waht race

stating stats ie con str quick or waht eva and how mnay points

waht is best weapons to use ie sword shield hammer axe or 2h in all of them also ?

and u know teh rest rly jsut how to makea one that will work well

BTW ima on camlann also :) jsut on this forum to ask some expert advice from ppl that play that realm a lot

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
troll 15 str rest smth :p con ? dont need dex that much I think :p parry -.-
go 50 hammer or any other wep .. sword mby for ragna ?
rest bs :E and leftovers to parry

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
10 str/con/char/ troll imo (or 10str/qui/char)
46bs 47hammer 5parry
hammer 2h malice, GoV are must
1h battler for debuff, cyclop eye for SL

PS. Jika, get out onto hib forum :p

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
I went for Troll, 10 str / 10 con / 10 charisma.
My specc atm is 48 hammer, 44bs rest parry if I'm not mistaken.
Imo it doesn't really matter if you use Malice or Battler as 2h, Malice has better stats (hitscap etc), Battler is easier to SC around.

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
It matters a lot cos Malice has the best proc of all available 2h weapons.

SoK was really nice in early ToA days while it was a thruster.

Calo

Part of the furniture
sword : 50 sword 43 bs rest parry
battler/sok
hammer: 46 hammer 46bs (red damage add) rest parry
battler/malice
axe: no idea cause nobody is an axe skald

Sword troll, 15 str, 10 con (dex means shit , quick u can cap with haste and charisma is not that important, just cap it on 75 in template)

Calo

Part of the furniture
Btw it doesnt really matter if u take battler or malice 2h, iv done sword and hammer with battler and im doing fine, yes maybe malice is better but i didnt want to change whole my template just for that. If u wanna be mister perfect then u go with gov,malice,golm etc so u have 26 str cap 11 style damage 9 melee damage 10 melee speed etc..

But then again, u can have fun even if u have 0 arti's :)

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
My Skald is pure PvE so he is 39 Axe, 50 BS and 18 Parry.

For the weapon, chose whatever you think looks the best (style wise). There is only 3 ways to spec your weapon imo. 39, 44 or 50. Every point between those is imo a waste of points.
The second thing you need to consider is your BS. Again there is 3 ways to go (still imo). 43, 46 or 50.
After that you just put the rest in Parry.

As for the race, then Trolls are probably the best when it comes to stats, BUT I like small chars so I would chose something else.
Kobies have 73 str as lvl 50 where the Troll have 123. That's sadly not enough so I would pick a small Norseman or a small Dwarf.
Dwarf if I was going to play in grp and Norse if I was going to solo.

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
There is only 3 ways to spec your weapon imo. 39, 44 or 50. Every point between those is imo a waste of points.

Kathal, ever heard about weapon skill?

39 -> 47 hammer gives u 100+ extra ws (check Haldar's ws calc for exact values) which would be ~6-8% of ur over ws in fullbuffed mode.
If you dont care bout ur melee dmg then use 1h + shield and it would make ur sc a way easier.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
Kathal, ever heard about weapon skill?

39 -> 47 hammer gives u 100+ extra ws (check Haldar's ws calc for exact values) which would be ~6-8% of ur over ws in fullbuffed mode.
If you dont care bout ur melee dmg then use 1h + shield and it would make ur sc a way easier.
IMO as I said. 39 + 11(SC) + 2+(rr done in no time) = 52+ Sword/Axe/Hammer and THAT is imo enough.

bjorne

Fledgling Freddie
I use 48 hammer 44 bs 10 parry @ RR7 and it fits nicely, dont need best dmg add and rather have more parry and WS ,Red body resist chant is enough.. vs sorcs and mincers its really good.

And Imo mallice 2H and battler 1h is the best combo, used to have battler 2h as sword but hammer beats sword anytime...

And regarding wwaponspec, i have 48+17 and 388 str and still feel i need more ws sometimes.

Norseman ofc for looks, trolls are ugly and kobies/dwarfs smell bad

Mundokar

One of Freddy's beloved
trolls are ugly....

and malice looks like a second hand axe..

Push

Fledgling Freddie
was 50 sword 43 bs before.

now 48 hammer 44 bs rest parry..

hammer > sword..

in 43 bs u will have second blue dd.

and yes , 2h malice is best choice for skald imo.

Sorao

Fledgling Freddie
thanx guys been a big help my troll skald is lv 22 atm iam not sure of my spec tho mabe i need to put more into hammer as its low atm cos i am on pvp so i wanted more BS for nukes and stuff u know mabe made amistake tehre

atm ima 2 parry 13 hammer and 21 BS with 45 points to spare

one more thing waht is teh way to get RAs from rr1l0 :) starting with free point :)

bjorne

Fledgling Freddie
aug STR and maybe sos1 for when u meet casters so u can be immune to mezz while charging them

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Kathal said:
IMO as I said. 39 + 11(SC) + 2+(rr done in no time) = 52+ Sword/Axe/Hammer and THAT is imo enough.
You can never get enough weapon. ;)
I don't agree that there is only 3 ways to spec a weapon, 39, 44 or 50.
You can have 46, 47, 48, 49 as well. All are good specs.

More weapon will only raise your cap a little bit though, so it doesn't make a huge difference.
However, more parry will only make you parry a little bit more. A couple of more points in weapon, a few more in parry...doesn't matter really.
Parry helps more in PvE or against opponents with low weaponskill like archers, pallies, minstrels, etc.

Last spec i had was 48hammer, 44BS and 10parry and that worked fine.
I wanted to respec to get red damage add and spirit resist again, but screwed up when i respecced.
Was thinking about something else when i was clicking the parrybutton, so instead of getting back my original 46, 46, 10 i ended up with 44hammer, 46BS, 17parry. :p
It works fine too, so i wont spend several p on a stone for 2 more in hammer.

What makes the biggest difference is what artifacts, RAs or MLs you have up.

Sorao said:
thanx guys been a big help my troll skald is lv 22 atm iam not sure of my spec tho mabe i need to put more into hammer as its low atm cos i am on pvp so i wanted more BS for nukes and stuff u know mabe made amistake tehre

atm ima 2 parry 13 hammer and 21 BS with 45 points to spare

one more thing waht is teh way to get RAs from rr1l0 :) starting with free point :)
When i leveled up, i kept BS at my level or just below.
Here's a thingie i made once. If i made another skald, this is how i would spec as i leveled(forget about parry):

LV-BS-WPN

20 19 14
21 20 15
22 21 15
23 23 15
24 23 17
25 24 18
26 25 18
27 26 19
28 27 20
29 28 20
30 30 20
31 30 22
32 31 22
33 33 22
34 34 23
35 35 24
36 35 26
37 35 28
38 35 30
39 35 31
40 37 31
41 39 31
42 42 31
43 43 32

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
i went 10 con/str/char and norse ( whish i made a twoll insteed :( )

My current specc is
44 bs
46 hammer
17 parry

= 2 left overpoints ;)

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
You can never get enough weapon. ;)
I don't agree that there is only 3 ways to spec a weapon, 39, 44 or 50.
You can have 46, 47, 48, 49 as well. All are good specs.

More weapon will only raise your cap a little bit though, so it doesn't make a huge difference.
However, more parry will only make you parry a little bit more. A couple of more points in weapon, a few more in parry...doesn't matter really.
Parry helps more in PvE or against opponents with low weaponskill like archers, pallies, minstrels, etc.
So you say 49 weapon is a good spec??
That would look something like this:
49 Weapon, 43 BS and 10 Parry.
That means you sacrifice your 50 style for 8 more Parry. (Remember what you said about Parry)
The other choice you have when specing 49 weapon looks like this:
49 Weapon, 44 BS and 4 Parry.
Here you gain 2 things in BS. The best Body song and a better DD. Not worth sacrificing the 50 style for.

Now the 48 weapon.
48 Weapon, 45 BS and 5 Parry.
Here you sacrifice your 50 style for the Body and the Spirit song + the DD. Not worth it.
48 Weapon, 43 BS and 13 Parry.
Loose your 50 style for Parry?? (remember what you said about Parry)

Then over to the 47 weapon spec.
47 Weapon, 46 BS and 5 Parry.
Now this makes a bit more sense to me. You gain the 46 dam add witch I like when you are in a tank grp (does exist).

In the 46 and 45 weapon spec all you can gain is the resist song and maybe a few points in Parry.

The 44 spec would only be to gain the 44 style. You are still not low enough in weapon to reach the magic 50 in BS (the PvE spec imo).

At 43 weapon you CAN get 50 BS and the reason to spec this would be for the "high" WS and the 50 BS. (Parry starts to make sense here because we are fighting mobs mainly (still imo))

I see no reason to spec 40, 41 or 42, because you can get about twice as much Parry for your points as weapon and this char should mainly be used in PvE grps.

And yes I know about WS.
Here is the WS for a buffed (293 str), RR3 Skald with +11 Weapon on his items:
39: 1346
40: 1354
41: 1363
42: 1371
43: 1379
44: 1388
45: 1396
46: 1405
47: 1413
48: 1422
49: 1430
50: 1438

This is ofc in my opinion, but now I have tried to explain my view on the "between styles" weapon specs.

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
sorry, but u come here with PvE specs when original poster whats to make his char on PvP server and not on coop one?

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
sorry, but u come here with PvE specs when original poster whats to make his char on PvP server and not on coop one?
I can't belive it. Are you REALLY that dumb??
Am I ONLY talking about PvE specs??
Do you think my Skald have ALWAYS been a PvE char??

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
[14:47:15] <TiwazBot> Name: Kathal <The Dark Disciples> Race: Norseman Class: Skald Level: 50 RP: 601,715 (RR5L2) Last Week: 0 Realm: Midgard Last On: 3 days House: 1726

:O

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Plz notice that u didn't mention that u r NOT talking bout RvR specs.
I mean what the HELL to add PvE sh1t when RvR spec is requested?

And ur thought bout style-wise specs r now a way too old to be useful. Just 2+ years old.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
[14:47:15] <TiwazBot> Name: Kathal <The Dark Disciples> Race: Norseman Class: Skald Level: 50 RP: 601,715 (RR5L2) Last Week: 0 Realm: Midgard Last On: 3 days House: 1726

:O
Your point??

Summoner said:
Plz notice that u didn't mention that u r NOT talking bout RvR specs.
I mean what the HELL to add PvE sh1t when RvR spec is requested?

And ur thought bout style-wise specs r now a way too old to be useful. Just 2+ years old.
I AM talking about RvR specs FFS. Where I mention specs that I consider PvE specs I say so. So every person with a bit of intelligence (Obvious not you) SHOULD be able the see that all the other specs/examples are for RvR
I think Skalds suck in RvR so I turned mine into a PvE char. So because I did that I can't post my thoughts on specs??
I guess "49 Weapon, 43 BS and 10 Parry" was a bad spec 2+ years ago, but because Skalds have changes a LOT over the last 2 years its just suddenly became good.
Plz comment all the specs I posted and explain why they are good specs.

PS. Notice that the comment I made about YOUR spec is:
Kathal said:
Then over to the 47 weapon spec.
47 Weapon, 46 BS and 5 Parry.
Now this makes a bit more sense to me. You gain the 46 dam add witch I like when you are in a tank grp (does exist).

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Kathal said:
Plz comment all the specs I posted and explain why they are good specs.
Most of the specs i listed are often used by those specced in hammer/axe. Those who go sword often take it to 50(to get the backpositional, Ragnarok). Not all, but many.
There's not many axe skalds out there, but they can go to 50 weapon or less and still have all the positionals.
Slash is a better damage type than hammer in group RvR, but with hammer you get a nice back/side snare as well as good choices of artifact weapons, like 2-h Malice and 1-h Battler(that's what i have).

There is absolutely no reason as i see it to spec 50 hammer. The lv 50 style chains of Lambast and with such a high weaponspec, you'll have almost no parry.
Lambast does the same damage as Crushing Blow/Slam. Mjolnir's Fury does a little more, but with so low parry, you wont get it of that often.
That's why people don't spec hammer to 50 as a skald. You're not really sacrificing the lv 50 style when it's a useless style.

49w, 44bs, 4p(not 43bs, 10p) or 48w, 44bs, 10p are more for those that group and want more in weapon and don't care about parry. They'll lose the red damage add and a couple of resists, but those aren't used much anyway. Resists are usually provided by an aug healer and the difference between red and yellow damage add isn't that much either.
I was 48, 44, 10 for a while and it worked just fine for soloing too.
I stopped at 48 so i could have 10 in parry. How much weapon/parry you want is a matter of personal preference.

47, 46, 5 is the spec that gives the most dps if you use the red damage add. Again, it's for those who don't care too much about parry, but you can do fine with that low parry in solo RvR.
You'll have good weaponskill as well as red damage add and red "healer" resists. Red spirit can be nice for those necros and reavers.

I've never tried 50 BS, so wont say too much about that. Looking at the minstrels i've fought, it does what, 30ish more damage?
A little more damage from DDs or a little more from weapon.... Guess it evens out in the end.
I will not get 50BS, cause then i'll lose Sledgehammer, which is a style i like. Don't use it a whole lot, but i'd still like to keep it.
As long as you get at least 43 BS(44BS if you don't take weapon to 50) it's hard to spec a skald wrong.;)

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
More than 51 total weapon does make a difference in style damage with that spec line, so yes it does matter if you got 45 or 49 hammer for instance. It's dual wielders that don't use the weapon spec line styles that it's not important for. Just get at least 44+ hammer and 44+ bs and you can't really go wrong imo, but more weapon gives you more style damage after all, and I'd say that is especially important if you're a troll.

Maff

Fledgling Freddie
Troll 44 hammer 46 BS 17 parry
when i rolled mine it was for a guild group and for RvR
i know i'm not the main DMG dealer that what the warrior and zerker are for.
i know my job speed DMg add and suport.
as long as u have a idea what you want for your char and how u play it then go te spec that fits u.
end of te day all this is just what other people oppions are and yes might be right for them but might not fit with the way you play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom