+skills, whats the difference?

Noheals-WR

Fledgling Freddie
lo all,

I'm currently knocking a template about and want to know something...

After a specced 50 (say 50 bow) is the return in +skill on items significant to the increase in damage /weapon skill. I'm struggling to fit it all in...and just wondering.

I can currently get 39 spear +11, 35 stealth +11, and 50 bow +5...is it worth dropping the +on spear for the bow, or will the return on the investment in the lower spec be better?

Just a choice I have to make and thought if someone can put some figures to it the better?

answers on a postcard pls, or just post away =)

Cheers

Casiraghi

Loyal Freddie
This might be a little help, only tested the bow dmg, didnt have any gear with spear skill on that didnt also have Dex or str on it.

Keep in mind that bow dmg also depends on bowspeed.

With Braggarts bow 50+15, 1461 Weaponskill, Damage cap on Critshot 980
With Braggarts bow 50+12, 1412 Weaponskill, Damage cap on Critshot 969

However the higher weaponskill the less variance in damageoutput you will get, i.e. damage will be closer to cap.

I would rather max the bow skill, since when entering melee hunters seems to loose more than they win anyway, but that also depends on your playstile :)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
in your place i would stick with cap + skill on spear

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Noheals-WR said:
lo all,

I'm currently knocking a template about and want to know something...

After a specced 50 (say 50 bow) is the return in +skill on items significant to the increase in damage /weapon skill. I'm struggling to fit it all in...and just wondering.

I can currently get 39 spear +11, 35 stealth +11, and 50 bow +5...is it worth dropping the +on spear for the bow, or will the return on the investment in the lower spec be better?

Just a choice I have to make and thought if someone can put some figures to it the better?

answers on a postcard pls, or just post away =)

Cheers

What's the difference? Try this Calculator for what it would do to your cap:
http://www.critshot.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=10087

I would certainly get as high bow as possible....

Uku

Fledgling Freddie
my personal opinion is when making a template try to cap all stats {str,con etc} first , then melee resists , then magic resists , after this add skill bonus to lower abilitys as this will have the most effect then finally ones at 50 or near to this. others might have different ideas about this but i find this way works well.

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
considering what you gain with the +bow after speccing 50 (about 30 damage extra on critshots and hardly noticable on normal shots) compared to what I guess you gain with +spear, I would go for +spear. Bow damage is no problem anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom