Skill + Question

Discussion in 'Hibernia' started by Donledirse, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Donledirse

Donledirse Fledgling Freddie

lo all,

Can anyone tell me how much difference having +11 to a skill which is not your attack skill, will actually make?

For Example I have 50 blades + RR and CD 50 + 11 + RR, I use CD for attack styles and so have the plus 11 for max wpn skill increase.

If it increases damage can someone post any formulas they have to show how much of an increase you get for having +11 to a natural 50 skill.

2. Ryuno

Ryuno Fledgling Freddie

Well it all depends on your class.

All melee skills cap at 50/51 (depending on if you believe ole'wyrd. And hes a bit wyrd ;)). The only exception to this is the Critical Strike line, which doesnt cap.

For shades, higher CD increases your off hand swing, but i think for other classes it also increases your damage (seen as your using CD styles).

3. Frozodo

Frozodo Fledgling Freddie

yeah please good question m8 i would like to know as well ;D :cheers:

4. MrBic

MrBic Part of the furniture

If you have 50/51 in blades and 50 + whatever in CD and only using cd styles you wont gain anything from getting more + to blades

5. Howley

Howley Fledgling Freddie

so ur saying if i go 50peirce/50cd then i only need to have +11 cd and +1 peirce in template ?? :eek7: ..for max weapon dmg ?

i know its important to cap cd for skill/speed..and chance to land a double hit

6. Silverblast

Silverblast One of Freddy's beloved

This is correct if you use CD styles only.

7. Howley

Howley Fledgling Freddie

ah..but wat if i wanna use diamond back...wuld i need +11 peirce to caps its dmg ??
    + more peirce styles own also :p ...d.back just eg.

8. Exarkun

Exarkun Fledgling Freddie

not entirely true

This only works on classes that dualwield or have an advanced melee line (like albion 2handed,celtic dual,leftaxe..)

base weapon (blades, pierce, blunt) skill has effect over 50 when using styles in these speclines. When performing a blades style higher blades spec+skill will give you more damage.

The advantage of 'Wyrd' speccing is that when you use advanced melee styles (celticdual, etc..) , you can drop you skill of your main weapon to 50-51. And the damage will remain the same. Remember this only counts when using styles FROM the advanced melee line. If i use a blade style.. yeah my dmg will be lower.

example rr2
    50 celtic dual + 12 = 62
    39 blades + 12= 51

Celtic dual spec gives you more chance to hit with your offhand and increases damage when using CD styles.

So in your situation your damage would remain the same except for the lvl50 CD style, cause its bugged atm and looks at your weapon (blades, pierce,..) spec for damage.

9. Donledirse

Donledirse Fledgling Freddie

So what this means to me then is that I can make a temp for a CD BM that has + 11 CD only and not worry about getting the blades + as I have natural 50 spec in that anyway?

If this is the case then it will make life a lot easier and i can use my 380 hits template I just finished :)

Obviously for NS's and Rangers they won't be able to do this and must have the + 11 in pierce / blades aswell as the +11 CD.

10. Neffneff

Neffneff Fledgling Freddie

exactly right, _unless_ you're gonna use any blade styles, as they will be nerfed dmg wise compared to CD.

11. Vodkafairy

Vodkafairy Fledgling Freddie

for a bm id advise to go 50/50/28 and cap both cd and the weaponspec, just because you will gain dmg on supernova ;)

for nightshades/rangers i would just go 50 modified pierce and pump everything else in cs/cd