+skill cap

G

Giga

al lvl 50 you can have +11 to skill, but if you alrdy have 50 in sword whot it be any chance of haveing +11, you whot have 61 sword then, and realm ranks you get also + to skill, so can it be done whit 50 sword, +11 to skill, and rr10 whit +9 to kill = sword 70, emm can it be done or is it that uoir sword can only be 50 sword and + realm ranks bonus???

M

marach

Can be done and you get bonus on it all the way over 50 like cap dmg etc.. but as i understands it you get more out of the points when its not yet 50 if you know what i mean..

D

domin8or

+skill on weapons increases you weaponskill which makes you hit more and makes your enemy hit you less, so it's pretty important to cap you +skill to 11. Also, Str and dex affect your weaponskill too so you would also want to cap that.

O

old.Saborion

Dex only affect weapskill on spears to my knowledge.

A

aucard

Strength:

How strong you are.

Strength is partially responsible for a character's weapon skill with aiming weapons such as daggers, rapiers, flexible weapnons, and spears.
Strength is completely responsible for a character's weapon skill with slashing and blunt weaponry, such as axes, swords, polearms, maces, clubs, scythes, hammers and hand to hand combat.
Strength affects how much weight you can carry before becoming encumbered.

Dexterity:

This is your manual dexterity and how good you are with your hands.
Dexterity is partially responsible for a character's weapon skill with thrusting weapons such as daggers, rapiers, and spears, flexible weapons, and hand to hand combat.
Dexterity is completely responsible for a character's weapon skill with aimed weaponry such as bows, crossbows, throwing weapons, and staves.
Dexterity affects the usage of evade, parry and shields.
Dexterity affects the amount of damage done with ranged magical attacks (bolts).

Dexterity affects the casting time of spells, and a high dexterity can reduce the casting time for any spell by up to 25%.

C

Carlos Bananos

Str Effects Crush/Slash weapon users weaponskill

Str/Dex (50% each) Effect Thrust

Dex alone effects Spears/Staves

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos
Str Effects Crush/Slash weapon users weaponskill

Str/Dex (50% each) Effect Thrust

Dex alone effects Spears/Staves

spears are 50-50 with str/dex and bows are dex alone :) and HtH weapons are 50-50 for str/dex aswell :).

and increasing ur skill over 50 with weapons will increase your styled damage and your weaponskill. Below 50 it will also increase damage variance and base damage cap (the damage you do without counting the style).

G

Giga

Originally posted by driwen
spears are 50-50 with str/dex and bows are dex alone :) and HtH weapons are 50-50 for str/dex aswell :).

not if its H2H slash

O

old.Saborion

Originally posted by Avena
it's str/dex based

I know that, but I was replying to the post before mine, where the fella said that str and dex affected the weaponskill. And only weapon that use both str and dex is spear, and nowadays also h2h.

D

Driwen

thought so too as you got slash and thrust spears. Its the weapon that counts not the damage type :).
Btw bows are dex based, why does everyone keep forgetting that :p

A

Avena

It is indeed your weapon that counts m8 :) I don't think it's the type, else LW/spear would have diffrent stat effecting it after what weaopn you are holding, doub that, kinda silly :D

Users who are viewing this thread