Skald, specing 46 BS 44axe or 46BS 44hammer? :)

O

o_O

What are your thoughts,

what would you do/have you done, and why??

(having trouble deciding etc. would be greatfull if someone could shed some light on this matter) t.t

J

jakobi

I would say hammer, since you really need the lvl 50 style in the axe line.

Hammer gives you all the needed styles at 44 spec.

G

Gold-i2

29 Conquer L H - -H From Behind Target Target is Hindered

M

Meeks

Hammer if you dont spec 50 weap, the snare on Conquer is just nasty. Hammer is allso best for soloing imo, because of low end styles.

C

chosen

Hammer ofc nothing else to spec as a skald just look at tivook 50 sword gimpo!

O

o_O

so the axe front possissional counts for nothing :> ?

should be .7x (close to .8) smt growthrate on it or smt :>

E

etcetra

Well..
Havoc, Evernight and Artic Rift are nice to ;) AR at 44..
But i guess Conquer and Provoke is worth more :x

C

chosen

Originally posted by aucard
44BS 49 Hammer imo.

uhmm u dont get the last hammer style before 50hammer and it aint worth it, only weapon u should spec more then 50 as a skald is sword, Hammer and axe aint worth the 50 style and why get 49 hammer when u can get 44 +11 +RRs.

A

aucard

Weponskill ? i had 49 44 before, so much better then 46 44 17 that i have atm.

Z

zoia

I used to be 46, 46, 10 hammer. I had a free singleline left from some patch and wanted to try something else.
With the lv 50 DD coming soon, i wanted to see how i did with low weaponspec and respecced to 46BS, 40 hammer and 25 parry.
Tbh, i don't notice much difference in my damage, but i do parry a little more, which is nice :)
The parrystyles do good damage and it's nice to have some parry since i solo/duo mostly.
Can't say i miss Sledgehammer that much either.

With my old spec(46+17 hammer), 108 quick and using a 4.9 spd hammer, i lost 40 WS unbuffed and cap damage went down 24-32 depending on style.

If you want to go for hammer and max weapondamage, i would go 47 hammer, 46 BS since i'm not sure those 2 points in weapon is better than the loss of last damage add.
Probably evens out in the end, so not that huge a difference ;)

To the original poster, i would say hammer, cos i just love provoke :p (snare on conquer is nice too)

D

Driwen

extra weaponskill isnt worth the loss of parry if you like to solo or if you only group then going 50 sword/axe and 43 BS, as you will using your dd's mostly for interupting and resisted DD's still interupt :p.

A

Allways_

well, i'll say that 44hammer, 46bs, 17parry will be for rr1-5 atleast.. else you wont get too much +parry...

im gonna respec soon, so ill get more hammer, but a little more less parry.. :]

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by o_O
bah noone likes axe :)

guess its hammer then
Im axe! But then I'm an idiot...

(46 Axe, 46 BS, 10 Parry)

C

chosen

not that much wpn skill diffrence tho and not worth it, and i wouldve spent more in BS and some in parry i got 17parry atm + MoParry 2 and damn it is worth it... and the best solo spec ive tryed(I still use) is 44hammer, 46BS and 17parry.
But best group spec is 50sword tho for ragnarok :) but most groups dont care what spec u are just if u got the last speed.

O

old.Cruel Heart

Originally posted by Allways_
well, i'll say that 44hammer, 46bs, 17parry will be for rr1-5 atleast..
:]

Must be why the #1 skald in the server has that spec ;)..

Also sledgehammer in 1v1 = insta win :p (well almost anyway).

W

wylf

43 BS 50 SWORD for the win!!! \o/

ragnarok is the ubarrh!

H

horsma

what about if you just go and farm enough stones and test yourself :p

X

xianghua

if you want to solo mostly 44/46/17 (hammer) is best cuz of provoke (little end cost) and conquer/sledgehammer combo for dmg

if you like playing in groups 50/43/2 (sword) might be best
since ragnarok is strong dmg and you dont need bloodchant in groups anyways ,most groups will even force you to keep spd up
and parry is useless in group RvR anyways so 2 parry wont be a problem

~~Excalibur~~
Seltir lvl 50 Healer 6Lx <Jack Herer> active!
Hatchetdwarf lvl 50 Skald 6Lx <retired>

~~Prydwen~~
GM of Conquest
Xianghua lvl 50 Heroine 7Lx <retired>
Nookah lvl 50 Chanter 3Lx <retired>

O

osy

I recently respecced to 50 axe, 43 bs, 2 parry. Works better with my current RR.

and now we got 20% too, fear my tyr :)

O

o_O

Originally posted by osy
I recently respecced to 50 axe, 43 bs, 2 parry. Works better with my current RR.

and now we got 20% too, fear my tyr :)

have you tried 44axe 46BS? :)

how does the fronposissional (without the followup) compare to say provoke or some other anytime styles? endusage and dmg vise?

I dont think that the backsnare in hammer is worth it as it wont wok if the target has been rooted or snared best have a good shaman casting dis to snare em enugh for u to stay on em or a PF tank in the assist train? :>

(Closing in on 40 now need to decide soon eek :) )

S

sagara

I would go

50 Sword/Axe
43 BS
2 Parry

or

44 Hammer
46 BS
17 Parry

J

Jerelyn

been 41 sword, 46 BS and 23 parry for well over a year now, suddenly i got a feeling and respecced to 41 hammer 46 bs and 23 parry, and i LOVE it, never ever been able to nail as many peeps as now. and pve is jsut great :D

so, even how you will spec, go Hammer, it is nice :)

-Jerelyn

F

fragoverrule

Been sword spec from lvl 1 - 50 .. rvr some with my sword went ok.. but i recently respecced to 44 hammer, 46 bs and 17 parry and it rules imo

O

old.Buffer

Originally posted by horsma
what about if you just go and farm enough stones and test yourself :p

That has to be the worlds most stupid post. He asked for advice and u responded like a dick, go away. cretin and no putting an emoticon after doesnt excuse u

M

Moody

Meep. I started a skald on Logres, the german server (damn you goa for only 2 english servers) and he's axe :( Oh well 18 levels to go till single line respec :D

Users who are viewing this thread