[size] vB tag

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by GReaper, Jul 15, 2005.

1. GReaper

GReaper Resident Freddy

Where has the size tag gone? I'm trying to nicely format my posts for a raid thread and would find it quite useful to have some headers in the post, using a slightly larger font.

Where is it?! :(

2. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

It was available and as per usual, was abused so removed.

3. Tom

Tom FH is my second home

Might be better to remove the abusers tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

I'm working on it bit by bit ;)

5. MYstIC G

MYstIC G Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Not exactly, remove one tag = solution, remove one lamer = space for another lamer to be born.

6. GReaper

GReaper Resident Freddy

From the changelog:

Adding the same restriction to the size tag would help prevent trivial abuse from anyone signing up. The size tag can already be ignored in signatures in the User CP. Surely there could be enough restrictions to enable it? If anyone does abuse them, warn/ban them.

It would be a useful feature to help structure out lengthy posts, I'm sure others would appreciate it for their raid threads etc.

7. MYstIC G

MYstIC G Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

as anything else

8. Will

Will /bin/su Staff member Moderator

My opinion

Is that bold, underlined, and italics seem to work fine too.

9. GReaper

GReaper Resident Freddy

I didn't really ask for opinions on alternatives which I know exist anyway. I'm politely asking for a tag which has been disabled, which causes little harm and is a great help in creating longer and more organised posts.

Surely something like the URL tag is far worse? I could link to dodgy content with it, all the SIZE tag does is help people structure out their posts properly. If there is any abuse with it, then remove those who abuse it.

Don't punish the majority for the actions of the minority, especially when you can ban them. :(

10. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Will review once the DAOC forum changes are either implemented due to clustering or left as they are.

Then I could maybe add it on a per forum basis.

11. MYstIC G

1. Nobody asked you to try and resurect a fucktard tag... so what's your point?
    2. The internet it built on URL's... lets strip them all out for safety! then we can all set our hompages to www.disney.com and stare at a mickey mouse logo for eternity... so what's your point again?
    3. We're not punishing the majority, we're saving them from having to suddenly view a bunch of fucking tardboy threads with things like each letter of a word getting bigger in sequence for no apparent reason, or supersize swearing because people think it looks hard, etc... i'm sorry, this will sound rude of me, but do you have a point?
    Get it? Got it? Good.

• Like Like x 1