Sink or Swim?

Sinker or Swimmer


  • Total voters
    9

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
6,504
I think you're missing out big time @Billargh. But I get it - I hate swimming pools.

Chlorine in the eyes, loud, boring, nothing to see. They're useful as they're safe places to learn the basics, but swimming is for rivers, lakes and the sea, especially with your mates, where there's stuff to see and do.

Swimming only in a swimming pool is akin to only being allowed to ride your bike in a school playground. It's a fucking yawnfest, but at least you learn the skills you need to start...
Honestly it's not so much pools, I just kinda panic whenever me head goes underwater. Pool, sea, wherever. I'd like to learn but I'd feel like too much of a tit trying to get lessons at 36 haha.
 

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
2,889
Honestly it's not so much pools, I just kinda panic whenever me head goes underwater. Pool, sea, wherever. I'd like to learn but I'd feel like too much of a tit trying to get lessons at 36 haha.
If you have decent access to facilities I really recommend having a few lessons
 

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
39,296
Honestly it's not so much pools, I just kinda panic whenever me head goes underwater. Pool, sea, wherever. I'd like to learn but I'd feel like too much of a tit trying to get lessons at 36 haha.
Crack on. Age is no barrier unless you let it be.

Was in the sea off Anglesey with a mask and snorkel yesterday. So much to see. Was fucking ace :)
 

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
39,296
Swimming is a life skill, not just a sport

Regardless of if your school is teaching you, your parents should be anyway. Families have responsibility.

My uncle was never really involved in our upbringing after our dad died apart from, very conspicuously, he'd pick us up on Saturday morning at 9am and take us to the swimming baths. Did it with me for a full year. Then a bit later with my brother. Used to fuck about with us like giving us one arm-band at first, then sticking it on one of our legs. Then distance. But always fun.

Then he bitched us off back to mum :)
 

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
39,296
So, I was going to ask if we wanted to take bets, but thought it a bit tasteless.

But if I'd have taken that bet, I'd have been right:


The grauniad is being cagey, but the torygraph is saying they're all palestinian refugees - same family.
 

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
39,296
Got to be death by Religion, surely?


AI tells me not. But maybe ostracision? Cut off from family post their mother's death?

It's hard to see that three sisters would kill themselves unless some absolute batshittery was going on in their lives.
 

Raven

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 27, 2003
Messages
45,928
AI tells me not.
"Yawns"

Their mum died a few years ago, by drowning. All seem to have been reclusive and and taken the decision to end it, we will likely never know. AI certianly can't form your opionion on this one.
 

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
39,296
AI certianly can't form your opionion on this one.
Actually, I wanted to know if there were parallels between religious belief and suicide pacts - and it said that really it's about other things.

If they've all decided to do that, there's a load of fucked-up "other things" going on. But the conversation with AI about why people do this shit, how they get caught up in stuff etc. was interesting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom