Simple question for Requiel/Xalin regarding yesterdays news

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
As stated in the news:
"There will naturally be compensation to Prydwen players for this unavailability and we are continuing to do everything that we can to get the server restarted as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime."

My subs soon run out - and with no date/time expected for the reopening of Prydwen I'm considering closing the accounts down.

How will you compensate me ??
Do I get extra time added to a sub I stopped ?
Or do I have to pay now, and not be able to play, to get some extra time later on ?

Just give me 1 valid reason to keep my subs running...

Ps
And no, my home is midgard so telling me excal is open is not a valid answer :p

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Just give me 1 valid reason to keep my subs running...

Don´t you think they should rather work on fixing the problem instead of trying to advertise and post arguments why people should be playing?
It´s all about YOU, dude. If YOU are enjoying the game and if YOU think that you´ve got enough patience to live without DAoC for a couple days until it´s fixed, then keep paying for your subs. If YOU don´t, then stop playing.

As for the compensation of a closed account. I think they´ll drive all the way up to Sweden and give you a phat, wet BJ. Just a wild guess though. ;)

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I believe it's been said that compensation will not be in the shape of free play time, and it's also been said, that compensation would be given the accounts that were active when the server went down.

So I imagine, that if compensation would come in the shape of heightened xp/gold/rp or whatever, you'd have to renew to get that bonus..

Just guessing here though, as it's already been said several times, it's too early to say what sort of compensation will be given.. just waiting for servers to get back up, and hopefully it'll be a good compensation.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
last time they gave free days (for the opentransit lag) any account that was open and still open just got a bonus 7 days, if it was open during the lag but closed afterwards it got reopened for a free 7 days then closed again (if they didn't resubscribe that is)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Nausilus^^ said:
I believe it's been said that compensation will not be in the shape of free play time, and it's also been said, that compensation would be given the accounts that were active when the server went down.

I think the term was "might not just be" rather than "will not" :) and it's all speculation.

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
i have kinda the same question.. my acc closed last night, and im still waiting to be able to type in my cc.. if it opens today.. will i be punished for not having my acc open when it goes back online? just because "an invoice is in progress, blablabla"

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Nice input Flim and Vamp..
Thorwyn - re-read it if you don't get the point as Flim and Vamp did :twak:

Zede

Part of the furniture
one reason.....maybe you like playing the game ?

nar carnt be that.....who would play cause they like it !

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I think people are quite short-fused (sp?) if they cancel their subs over a small weeks downtime on 1 server. Not all servers, just 1 server.

My advice is to NOT evolve your life around daoc. Play because you like it, not because of habit or because you want to satisfy GOA by having you as a customer. If you are seriously looking for a reason to keep playing, maybe you should ask yourself, if you really enjoy it anymore, because 6 days (and counting, I know) of downtime is NOTHING compared to how long the game has been out.

This is all just my opinion.. I was retireing my account before the server went down, and that's still what I'm gonna do as soon as I make the final housing arrangements. I don't quit because of server downtime, but because I lost interest in the game.. and if you're looking for a reason to keep playing, it sounds to me that you lost interest too, or else you're just being a little short-tempered about this downtime.. (imo...)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
my acc closed yday aswell... and no way in hell that I ever open it again

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
Heta said:
my acc closed yday aswell... and no way in hell that I ever open it again
i didnt cancel my acc.. it just ran out and im having trouble inputin the cc-number again :( and it is money on the acc.. :/

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like I need to clarify :mad:

My life does not evolve around DAOC - if it did, I would just play excal/alb all the time instead and happily renew my subs...

Bottom of the line is, and rephrasing my question from 1:st post:

Is there any valid technical/other reason for keeping accounts running atm?
As in, would I miss out on some compensation if I close my subs now and reactivate later.

And maybe it's best to stress that this isn't supposed to be a whine, it's just a simple and totally valid question since my subs run out soon. :p

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
simple maths
server down = 7 days
you pay for one month each 30 days 12 euros
7/30*12=2,8 Euros

are you really posting because of 2,8Euro's--->thats a beer/week

the big problem is the downtime of the server wich is reall :puke:

hopefully we get any good estimation soon when they will be able to put it back in action

Gamah

Banned
No doubt they would issue any compensation (on an account bases) by looking at what account were open the 1st day of server downage.

Infact I have 4 accounts that have now run out, I will only be renewing 2 when prydwen reopens for the time being.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Alexandrinus said:
simple maths
server down = 7 days
you pay for one month each 30 days 12 euros
7/30*12=2,8 Euros

are you really posting because of 2,8Euro's--->thats a beer/week

the big problem is the downtime of the server wich is reall :puke:

hopefully we get any good estimation soon when they will be able to put it back in action

holyfuck u pay 2.5€ for a beer?:D:D:D were the hell do you buy ur beer ? i ll never go there;p

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
holyfuck u pay 2.5€ for a beer?:D:D:D were the hell do you buy ur beer ? i ll never go there;p
we normally drink a 'großes Bier' means 0,5l ,really normal price in austria only beeer noobs drink 0,25l or 0,30l beer's hehehe

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
AngelHeal said:

Pffft...

I work in the outskirts of London and a quick pint at lunch costs 3.2€ :(

Gamah

Banned
Dakkath said:
Pffft...

oh rly...we use euros in Slough now :eek: I know theres enough polish people to start a mini EU here but...

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Pffft talking about Uxbridge as my place of work Gam :(

But no I figured as the previous example was in Euros I'd convert what I pay in pounds sterling into that funny money stuff that these European types could understand...

Anyway, less off topic...

I do miss playing on Prydwen, although not as much as I used to.

Found myself staring at a GW and FFXI box in the local retailer at lunch. I'm reasonably sure I'll buy one of them if Pryd stays down much longer.

We really need to start to hear something positive from Req / Xalin pretty soon tbh. This just seems to be dragging on and on.

Req\Xalin if you're reading this go kick some techie ass (oh and give us an update - even if it's only to say that you're butt kicking on our behalf). The server being down isn't as depressing and demoralising as the slow trickle of information that's comming through.

A commitment to tell us something, anything at a fixed time each day would be very welcome at this point.

kni

Fledgling Freddie
agree, not knowing if it's a matter of hours/days/weeks.... is the hardest part.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Dakkath said:
Pffft...

Dakk don't tell porkies on the forums you have never paid x euros for a beer we don't or will never use that monopoly money in England

and i though u paid about 3quid a pint down there in the big smoke, but to be honest we can pay that in manchester or as little as £1.40 for holts's :drink:

N

Nored

Dakkath said:
Pffft...

Pints are large, and London just is not very cheap ... ;)

soze

I am a FH squatter
Krakatau said:
Looks like I need to clarify :mad:

My life does not evolve around DAOC - if it did, I would just play excal/alb all the time instead and happily renew my subs...

Bottom of the line is, and rephrasing my question from 1:st post:

Is there any valid technical/other reason for keeping accounts running atm?
As in, would I miss out on some compensation if I close my subs now and reactivate later.

And maybe it's best to stress that this isn't supposed to be a whine, it's just a simple and totally valid question since my subs run out soon. :p

When they gave free days because of the OT lag they reopened my closed accout and gave it free days. Basically it closed that day and i planned to renew it later but i got a mail saying it was open with3 free days or something.

So last time as long as your account was open when the prob started you got compensation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom