Simple launch app

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
I wrote a small application to allow you to choose whether to launch DaoC windowed or non windowed, and at what resolution. I often launch in different modes depending on what i'm doing - for example when crafting I use windowed mode so I can do other stuff on PC without alt-tab, but when RvR'in I use full screen.

You can download it here (unfortunately its about 4mb coz its a vb6 app):

Camelot Launcher

The usual stuff applies, released without support etc etc, but promise it doesnt send your account details to me!

Funkybunny

Banned
Cromcruaich said:
I wrote a small application to allow you to choose whether to launch DaoC windowed or non windowed, and at what resolution. I often launch in different modes depending on what i'm doing - for example when crafting I use windowed mode so I can do other stuff on PC without alt-tab, but when RvR'in I use full screen.

You can download it here (unfortunately its about 4mb coz its a vb6 app):

Camelot Launcher

The usual stuff applies, released without support etc etc, but promise it doesnt send your account details to me!
can someone check this file and look for bad things? if its safe ill use it :)

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Yes I think a lot of people would feel a bit safer if you posted the sourcecode of this...

Thing with these programs (and downloading programs of the net in general) is that there are worries of virusses(sp? virri?) and backdoors and keylogs etc ... and then when the app is called "Camelot Launcher" I mean you're sure it's running when people are typing their passwords etc ^^

Not sayign this is a virus or a keylogger .. just saying it might be wise to be carefull with things like this :(

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
I think the official response would be...

"use at your own risk"....

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
I think the official response if you lost your account because of this would be "tough luck" :flame:

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
If your scared just do it in batch files instead.

Ovron

One of Freddy's beloved
Empty compiled VB6.0 applications are 24kb.

Just want to point that out. You do not need 4MB of stuff to use shell launch or even the API call.

EDIT: Well the VB6.0 isn't 4MB now is it? The installer is.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
As Ovron said I say its safe because of the size its not a trojan/keylogger etc but he still could of added a winstock to send the account details to a mail account. And you wouldnt even notice it unless your montiored the programs outbound activety it could be safe and it might not be its a risk to take. Me personaly wouldnt do it and if I did I would want to see the source or just make my own script but I have no need to use something like that.

Ovron

One of Freddy's beloved
Analysed App and included DLL's, seems safe to use.

As i wrote in the edit, the installer is 4 MB large, has nothing to do with VB6 itself.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Ovron said:
Analysed App and included DLL's, seems safe to use.

As i wrote in the edit, the installer is 4 MB large, has nothing to do with VB6 itself.
Ah ok didnt d/l it didnt know it was a installer thought it was just few files in a rar. OK seems safe to use then :).

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
I wrote it all myself so give my guarentee that its got no code to hack your daoc account or do anything malicous etc.

If people want any tweaks I can provide them, including different resolutions and launching into different clients for example then let me know.

The reason vb6 based apps are so big is because of the vb6 runtimes that are included - I could of gone through and probably cut some stuff out but it was a quick wizard job in wise. Also the included dll has grown over time because it has lots of my own functions in it that have nothing to do with the launcher itself, I was basically just being lazy and should of just copied across one of the classes to this project rather than using the dll.

If people like it and find the app useful I will tidy it up.

Anyway, here is the main code, and also the class that is called in the funclib dll:

Code.zip

You can see that it does not make calls to any other function external to the class itself. In addition ive included the dll startup module to show there is nothing dodgy in there.

If people are still worried I will move all the code to a single exe, and make that code available for people to compile themselves. All I ask is that the app itself if posted and recompiled is attributed to my character name, Cromcruaich.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
I have daoc installed twice ;P one windowed mode, one full screen...takes more room but least its simple. 2 diff shortcuts on desktop, and no additional software.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Ok batch file explanation - excuse the "basicness" of this but ive uninstalled DAOC, not sure of the filenames

Load up DAOC and configure it how you like in windowed mode and exit the game
Copy from your camelot folder user.dat and call it user-window.dat
Load up DAOC and configure it how you like in non-window mode and exit the game
Copy from your camelot folder user.dat and call it user-fullscreen.dat

Then just create a batchfile (save a notpad file on your desktop as DAOC-WIN.BAT
copy c:\ToA\user-window.dat c:\ToA\user.dat
c:\ToA\camelot

And repeat for the non windowed mode.

Like i said its been a while since i played, file names may have changed, locations may have changed but the principle will work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom