Simple chicken dish

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Cooking tomorrow night for 4, need some inspiration for a fairly quick easy chicken dish.

Was thinking chicken & bacon with some nice potatoes or a chicken tonight stir fry but done those a bit to death.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
well, chicken is a dry meat so putting it in the oven with alot of veggies along some canned tomatoes and alot of spices (maybe mariande it) and boil some rice works nicely. just put it on the frying pan till it get crisp and then in the oven along with the veggies (eggplant is nice, carrots or whatever you like - 4 different kinds should be enough)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Put your shlong in it and run out of the kitchen buttnaked saying "Stuffed Chicken is Served!"

What?...i wanted to be, for once, the guy who brings the thread to that level :(

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Put your shlong in it and run out of the kitchen buttnaked saying "Stuffed Chicken is Served!"

What?...i wanted to be, for once, the guy who brings the thread to that level :(

To what level? That's just normal

If there is no sexual stuff in a thread after 5 posts I am starting to get worried.. And I wont read the rest :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Hunters chicken

2x chicken breast each (trimmed)
2x bacon rasher each
cheese
Decent BBQ sauce (lots of) I used this watered down with water and tomato puree though if your guests are into their hot food then from the jar is fine.
mixed summer salad
soy sauce
whatever your choice of potato, chips, roast potato, mash etc

put the chicken breasts together with the bacon in the middle like a sandwhich cook the chicken and bacon together in a dish in the oven, around 30 mins

unstack them and put cheese in the middle, put back together.
poor the BBQ sauce all over it and put it back in the oven for 5 more minutes

drizzle a little soy sauce on the salad and serve

had it in the pub on friday and copied it for me and the wife on sunday, really tasty

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Enchiladas :D

Just need to buy some wraps, a couple different types of sauce, chicken and some cheese. Job done ;)

You could always cheat and use the old el paso ones but you could get a better variety of flavour making your own.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
make your own fajitas mix :) not hard, cumin, pepper, chillie, paprika, salt, pepper (few otehr things that i cant remember)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Buy some chicken legs, put em in a pot with a curry sauce (coconut milk, curry, gurkemeje root, w/e veggies you like), and bake it till its done and serve with rice! And dont be afraid to cook it a long time cause the chicken just gets better and better hehe.

Pretty easy and usually yields good results! :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Enchiladas :D

Just need to buy some wraps, a couple different types of sauce, chicken and some cheese. Job done ;)

You could always cheat and use the old el paso ones but you could get a better variety of flavour making your own.

Enchiladas rock, wonderfood!

kirennia

Part of the furniture
1. Get a chicken
2. Put it on a plate

Cooked?

Raw?!?!?!

ALIVE!!! Perfect idea. Have the guests over and play catch the chicken in your living room, woohoo! Then order a takeaway and say it was a more fun idea then cooking a meal :D Wake up the next morning and hope for eggs for breakfast too :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Jamie Olivers chicken in a bag tbh.

Make an envelope out of tin foil, folding all but on of the edges but one, place your chicken breasts, some thyme, mushrooms and a couple of glasses of white wine. Seal the envelope and stick in the oven for about 20 minutes on 220. Boil some carrots and some potatoes. When its finished the tinfoil will look like it is going to explode. Cut the bag and the smell of fantastic food just steams out.

You could always pan fry some chicken breasts, and make a simple peppered mushroom and onion sauce with some double cream.

fry or grill chicken then keep under a warm heat to keep warm, fry some mushrooms and onions in a little butter, when the onions start to brown add the double cream, mix in a coupe of tea spoons of gravy and a quarter tea spoon of mustard and add some peppercorns. This only needs to be cooked for a couple of minutes, you dont want the cream going all manky. Pour over the chicken and enjoy.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Isn't "chicken in a bag" what they call a man's penis with a condom over it ?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
yell.com > chinese takeaway > 4 portions of chicken fried noodles.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Cooking tomorrow night for 4, need some inspiration for a fairly quick easy chicken dish.

Was thinking chicken & bacon with some nice potatoes or a chicken tonight stir fry but done those a bit to death.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Last night i did a quick and simple stir fried chicken and salad. Cut the chicken into strips, stir fry till golden on the outside, whack in a stir fry sauce, either home made or bought and cook for a couple of minutes and then tossed into a lettuice, red pepper, carrot, spring onion and cucumber salad. Took 15 minutes and was mondo tasty.
Alternatly just add stir fry veggies and noodles after the chicken is cooked and then put the sauce on for a couple of minutes.

Curry is also good for a quick and easy chicken dish.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
"Chicken Lol"

Get a chicken then poo in it, get your neighbour to do the same. Wait till your friends eat some chicken and start saying "Yuck, wtf is that" then say

"Lol, chicken lol, /chicken barrpppp"

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Jup's Jubbly Chicken Bacon n Mushroom Mix

Ingredients.

1 large onion, thinly diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
4 rashers smoky streaky bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
Lots of mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 pint double cream
Jug of chicken stock, from a cube
Schwartz Italian seasoning
Scwartz dried parsley/2 tablespoons fresh parslet, chopped
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Method.

Heat some olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onion, garlic and bacon and fry for 3-4 mins. Add the chicken and season well with salt and pepper, then fry until well browned... this may take some time but don't worry - you want the water out of the meat and the chicken well-browned. Add the mushrooms and a tablespoon of italian seasoning and fry until the mushrooms are browned, then add enough chicken stock to gather up all of the juices in the pan, stirring well. Simmer for a few minutes until the pan is dry again, then add more stock, about 5mm /1/4" in the bottom of the pan, and then pour in almost all of the cream, stirring well. Add the parsley and more seasoning to taste (remember the bacon is a bit salty, but pepper is good!). Simmer this all gently, using the stock or cream to either thin the sauce or whiten it respectively, for about 10 mins.

I serve this with pasta and it's great. Alternatively you can cut pie 'lids' out of puff pastry, bake in the oven, then place over a portion of the chicken and sauce mix to have chicken bacon and mushroom 'pies' with mash or something.

Try it - it's wicked, just dont be afraid to let it cook well in the pan - I find that the longer this cooks the better it is!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Can actually vouch for Jups thing. Had it before a few times.

uron

Loyal Freddie
chicken + spicy Indian sauce, cook rice..sorted. every1 likes Indian!

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Chicken breast, slice it at the side, open it, stick in some mozzarella, green pesto and one or two of your favourite herbs inside and sprinkled on top, grill till content.

Keitan

Banned
chicken cooked with noodles ^^ and soy sauce :) and some mushrooms... no1 hates that do they !!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom