Sim only contracts

Nate

FH is my second home
Any of you guys on these? Found some good dealios? I'm looking at giffgaff, they seem to offer more then the others for your money. Currently with 3 but my reception at home is shit to non existant.

Anyone on giffgaff? What are your thoughts?

Cheers!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Giffgaff is the one for for like bundles of texts and shit for a monthly basis.

But I think 3 are the only ones that offer oldskool simcards where you use the money you pay for, so to speak.

Poag

m00?
I'm on a SIM only with 3. Just moved my misses onto one for her new iPhone6. Saving her ~£300 over 2 years.

If your home reception is shit, and you dont mind plugging a box into your broadband. Phone up, complain about signal. They'll offer you the "In Touch" app, refuse that as you've "got friends who've tried it and their calls never went through" They'll offer you a signal box, misses and i have one in the house and get perfect signal about 50m from the house.

But just refuse the In Touch app as its shit, complain more and they'll give you the signal box for free. Also mention your contract is up or whatever and they'll send it next day :)

Nate

FH is my second home
Thanks Poag,

have one on the way now.

Fingers crossed!

Nate

FH is my second home
My internets here is terrible though, hopefully 500kb/s will be able to do it

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Avoid GiffGaff like the plague unless you want to miss endless amounts of important calls wherever you are. The reception is quite simply a joke. They get the dregs of O2's network that is why they offer such good deals (from the horses mouth, I complained on their forum and it was admitted that the reason they are so cheap for so much is because of the offer given to them by O2).

Unfortunately EE and their bum chums offer best reception, followed by Three then O2, doesn't seem a big deal when choosing a package but it fucking well will be when you can't make or receive any calls :eek:

Nate

FH is my second home
Thanks trem

Vodafone? They have a network don't they?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I had a two year deal with Vodafone and I listen to me when I say this:

Utter fucking dogshite, avoid Vodafone like an AIDS riddled ebola coated prostitute.

Anyway, I moved to Three and have been with them a couple of months now (£26 per month, one month rolling - all you can eat data, texts and calls). The data is very robust and 4G in Edinburgh and Glasgow is very good. Call coverage is also very good. No other complaints but my experience is still fairy limited.

Nate

FH is my second home
The customer support has been good from 3, I'd like to stay as the cost is low. Just need a better signal

Nate

FH is my second home
Full bars, yay! It's flashing red 3 times, but I don't really care tbh. full bars works nice

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
That's what I felt like when I moved to Three. I was like "oh my god, a signal?" and then "oh my god, data actually works?".

Trem

Three are very good........................until you try to leave and get your PAC off them, my wife actually cried she got so frustrated and angry with them, obviously I found that funny but she didn't :eek:

Embattle

FH is my second home
Avoid GiffGaff like the plague unless you want to miss endless amounts of important calls wherever you are. The reception is quite simply a joke. They get the dregs of O2's network that is why they offer such good deals (from the horses mouth, I complained on their forum and it was admitted that the reason they are so cheap for so much is because of the offer given to them by O2).

Unfortunately EE and their bum chums offer best reception, followed by Three then O2, doesn't seem a big deal when choosing a package but it fucking well will be when you can't make or receive any calls :eek:

My GiffGaff is great in this area and certainly a lot better than the non existent EE signal I moved off, in fact my sister still uses EE so they had to send her a signal box.

Trem

My GiffGaff is great in this area and certainly a lot better than the non existent EE signal I moved off, in fact my sister still uses EE so they had to send her a signal box.
Yes it is good in certain areas, those areas are very limited though. I have a mast about a third of a mile away from where I live and that didn't help my signal, I will be honest I was gutted GiffGaff was shit because I would of stayed with them forever but I need a good signal at all times :( they get so much stuff right compared to the others it is just that one thing that let them down as far as I'm concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom