Silly Kingpin!

C

Cloudd_RTD

Only need to get rid of Sharma and Tothori now, and we're in buissness ;)

O

old.Dillinja

Lol. Was very stupid to post that stuff there.

M

mirieth

stupid reason for a ban. if he was discussing *how* to pirate stuff or *where* to get it, yeah fair enough. but to be honest banning him for that is downright pathetic, and the posts insulting him are just... well... lol.

C

Cyradix

Banned for admitting he had his x-box chipped?? Lame :(

O

old.tRoG

Well, that sucks.

He wasn't telling anyone how to pirate the games, or what not, so, as I see it, he was banned for pirating software.

I'm pretty sure that most of us here have pirated software/music sometime in our lives - does this mean we're all going to get banned, too?

G

Graknak

Sympathizers with mr Kingpin should be banned too :eek:

D

Damini

It is in the CoC guys, this is an official forum run by GAME who, coincedently, sell games and want to support the industry. Therefore, its monumentally stupid to post about a chipped box and getting hold of pirated games.

B

BlitheringIdiot

The fact is these forums are owned by GAME - what he did was pure stupidity and practically asking for a ban.

EDIT: Crap i look like a bandwagon jumper now, I started posting befor edmaini posted honest! Im just a slow typer :eek:

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by old.tRoG
Well, that sucks.

He wasn't telling anyone how to pirate the games, or what not, so, as I see it, he was banned for pirating software.

I'm pretty sure that most of us here have pirated software/music sometime in our lives - does this mean we're all going to get banned, too?

Speak for yourself, you filthy crimbo! :p

O

old.tRoG

Pffft, I wish I could pirate games :p

*whacks his 64k modem*

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.tRoG
Well, that sucks.

Aye, speak for yourself. "Never won't ever" is the motto to go with. Just like drugs.

C

Cush

I cant understand ppl who copy games/music/videos. I would never do such a thing just like with drugs.

Dont touch em dont want them near me!

S

Sichama

See no Evil...
Hear no Evil...
Speak no Evil...

C

Cush

Re: Re: Silly Kingpin!

Originally posted by Graknak
With such a name you deserve to be st00pid ;)

Didnt understand why having the name Kingpin would prove that you are stupid. Beeing a crime lord(boss) aint something a stupid person would become.

B

bulge

Originally posted by Cap'n Sissyfoo
Speak for yourself, you filthy crimbo! :p

Crimbo is short for Christmas in my neck of the woods :)

Filthy Christmas..... :p

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Cush
I cant understand ppl who copy music. I would never do such a thing just like with drugs.

when vinyl was around app. price in dk was 70 kr for a record.. (7£)

cd´s cost 1/10th of a vinyl in production and about 50-80 kr more (12-15£ total depending on shops)

I can very well understand people who copy music, the music industry has become greedy they don´t care about quality music anymore just about profit.

G

Graknak

Re: Re: Re: Silly Kingpin!

Originally posted by Cush
Didnt understand why having the name Kingpin would prove that you are stupid. Beeing a crime lord(boss) aint something a stupid person would become.

Well actually yes, since crime = bad and should be punished, and guess what, they just did!!!
Justice Friends Unite!!! :clap:

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Addlcove

cd´s cost 1/10th of a vinyl in production and about 50-80 kr more (12-15£ total depending on shops)

I can very well understand people who copy music, the music industry has become greedy they don´t care about quality music anymore just about profit.

We could start a whole long and messy discussion about this "quality" music that you say is lacking...but let's not. It's almost like saying they don't make quality games anymore, sure the games were better when they first came(like elite, frogger, super bros etc.) but nowadays they arn't quality :p

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by bulge
Crimbo is short for Christmas in my neck of the woods :)

Filthy Christmas..... :p

I think it means Xmas in England as well. :p

Ah well, I prefer the criminal connection! :D

C

Cush

You dont think by any chanse i was sarcastic?

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Damini
It is in the CoC guys, this is an official forum run by GAME who, coincedently, sell games and want to support the industry. Therefore, its monumentally stupid to post about a chipped box and getting hold of pirated games.

i have mp3s on my computer, ban me. if everyone who had ever pirated in some form or owned pirated material were banned from these forums, then you wouldn't have very active forums anymore to say the least.

as i posted earlier in the thread, if he had been posting talking about *how* to pirate or *where* to get it from, then sure - ban the bugger. however, he was talking about what games were good on the x-box, and happened to mention he wanted to know this because he recently had his chipped.

most ridiculous forum banning ever? maybe not, but close ^_^

vinyl is still around. /me pats his sexeh collection of *new* records... and old.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by mirieth
i have mp3s on my computer, ban me. if everyone who had ever pirated in some form or owned pirated material were banned from these forums, then you wouldn't have very active forums anymore to say the least.

as i posted earlier in the thread, if he had been posting talking about *how* to pirate or *where* to get it from, then sure - ban the bugger. however, he was talking about what games were good on the x-box, and happened to mention he wanted to know this because he recently had his chipped.

most ridiculous forum banning ever? maybe not, but close ^_^

I disagree. :p One subtle difference you are missing here is that it is completely unnessicary for him to bring up the fact that he is doing something illegal, so why mention it? And on a forum owned by GAME?!

Whether its breaking the CoC or not, I'd ban him for pure stupidity!

M

mirieth

true enough, he didn't need to bring it up - but i still don't see it as reason enough for a ban on a long-term member ffs :(.

G

Graknak

Having MP3's is legal providing you own the original CD and only use the MP3's for personal use...

Users who are viewing this thread