Silent Hunter III

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
Is anybody else as happy as I am that this is coming out on Friday 18th March?

Looks bloody amazing, and has a dynamic campaign this time instead of the piece of shit linear scripted thing SH2 had.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Wow! I haven't played any sub sims since Silent Service II on ye olde Amiga but this one looks like something I'll buy.

I downloaded some of the videos - excellent graphics!!

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
I still ahve the original on CD somewhere, fantastic game. Will definitley be buying this one.

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
I've been playing it non stop since Friday 18th. It's a totally amazing game. There are a few signs that the oublishers rushed the developers a wee bit though. For example - in the dynamic campaign, there are a very limited range of messages from HQ, there are no wolfpack operations with other u-boats, there are no re-supply u-boats, there are no static or docked ships in enemy (or friendly) ports (nor any nets or mines), and they someone neglected to give the players a method of drawing accurate bearings when using the map in 100% realism mode (i.e. when yoiu have to mark up all contacts yourself - the only updated moving map type thing being your own position).

It is wonderful though, and all signs point towards these features being added in a timely fashion through patches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom