Resolved Signature

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I thought I knew this, I changed mine after all, but I can't find it now!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I don't have that option in that menu any more Sheepcow....

and I don't have permissions to perform this action, if I click the link!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I knew I wasn't going mad when I mentioned this the other day! Deebs fobbed me off with answers that bore no relation to my questions. o_O :D

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
My bad, I forgot to create a new group and promotion to allow members to change their signature. It should activate shortly....

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Because I think the default font is 1) Too large and 2) Not the best of the available lot.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Tony can we have an option, per user, to force default fonts? I have no desire to see colours, different sizes and styles of font. It's easier to read if it's all the same.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Tony can we have an option, per user, to force default fonts? I have no desire to see colours, different sizes and styles of font. It's easier to read if it's all the same.

I quite agree. I think the default font is very easy to read...and if everyone chooses something different it will make it all look too weird!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home

It would be better for sure, no more oversized default font! ;)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Aah the disadvantage of using the default Xenforo theme is that you can't see white text!

:cry:

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yep, but then it's mainly Cokenoze that does it so you're not missing anything. ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Wazz your small post fonts are incredibly irritating, they ruin browsing on a mobile as I have to zoom to see your pointless drivel.

Deebs this is a real problem tbh.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
... Well the font options have been removed from this post box.

Either way it's a problem - too small on mobile, too large on normal browser with default settings. Much larger than other forums and other websites, so if I reduced the size in-browser every other site on the net apart from this one would be shat.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
... Well the font options have been removed from this post box.

Either way it's a problem - too small on mobile, too large on normal browser with default settings. Much larger than other forums and other websites, so if I reduced the size in-browser every other site on the net apart from this one would be shat.
How about now for default text size?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Perfect for me, although it may be a tad small on mobiles still - it's smaller than my Verdana pt3 posts above. Is there no middle ground? :)

Er...

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The default was 11pt I changed it to 10pt.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Editing is fucked.

I've tried editing that post 3 times now, but it only updated once.

Also, if you edit posts the font options are still there but they aren't in this reply box.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
I suggest you go check the facts before freakin out, they treat nut allergy by exposure
A desensitization study at Duke University was done with escalating doses of peanut protein. Eight children with known peanut allergy were given escalating doses of peanut protein in the form of a ground flour mixed into apple sauce or other food. To enter the study peanut IgE level > 7 kU/L and a positive skin prick test. The first day, they are given 0.1 mg of peanut protein, then the amount of peanut is increased gradually to 50 mg, if tolerated, over that first day. About ½ of the kids tolerated 50 mg dose by the end of the day, while the others were able to reach 12.5 mg or 25 mg. The children continued taking daily doses of peanut at home, returning to the hospital every two weeks for dose increases until they reached 300 mg peanut protein a day, or the equivalent of a single peanut. The maintenance phase follows lasted up to 18 months, depending on how much peanut protein the child tolerated. Seven children completed the study. These children were given a "food challenge" to peanut flour, exposing them to up to nearly 8 grams, or the equivalent of more than 13 peanuts. Five of the seven children tolerated the equivalent of 13 peanuts at the food challenge at the end of the study.[26] The children’s immunologic findings were similar to those seen with other types of immunotherapy—an initial rise followed by a decline in peanut-specific IgE and IgG. They also had a rise in peanut-specific IgG4 throughout the study, which is thought to be a marker of protection in other forms of immunotherapy.[27]

This is too small though.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Remember that there are people browsing in all sorts of resolutions. I for one am still on 1280x1024 on my 18 inch desktop screen. If you have a higher resolution with a bigger screen it will be different. The same goes ofcourse for a phone browser.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Another edit problem I just had: wouldn't create a cursor, so I couldn't type. I could still highlight text though.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The 11pt was fine Deebs, only wazz wanted it lowered. :( It looked a lot better before you lowered it.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Remember that there are people browsing in all sorts of resolutions. I for one am still on 1280x1024 on my 18 inch desktop screen. If you have a higher resolution with a bigger screen it will be different. The same goes ofcourse for a phone browser.

1600*900, very common resolution. Font before was noticably bigger than everything else on the web, now probably a bit smaller. If there's no 10.5 available for this font we might want to try another font where the increments in size are less dramatic.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'll put it back and do some more investigating on the testforums.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Another edit problem I just had: wouldn't create a cursor, so I couldn't type. I could still highlight text though.

That's a common problem, nothing todo with this site. I've hade it countless times before on other sites.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'll put it back and do some more investigating on the testforums.

Cheers, I think this is something we want to nail as currently it feels a bit wrong for a forum - we need something we're all happy with.

That's a common problem, nothing todo with this site. I've hade it countless times before on other sites.

Still needs to be raised though in case something can be done. No point in not reporting issues we've had. :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
1600*900, very common resolution. Font before was noticably bigger than everything else on the web, now probably a bit smaller. If there's no 10.5 available for this font we might want to try another font where the increments in size are less dramatic.
Can you upload a screenshot please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom