C

CoA-Viedd

Im just thinking why do i need a Credit Card to sign up and no switch or solo its really annoying yeah i work hard and get paid crap money and i saved to get the game and now they WANT a credit card no 1 in my family has 1 and i defo don't so ive wasted £35 on the game that i can't play...

Any Advice Please

E

Esoteric

Should have bought the game for £24.99 @ http://www4.playserver4.com/play247.asp?page=search&adudisc=y then spent the spare tenner that you paid £35 for on a months sub.

And if your over 18 and work it won't be hard for you to get a credit card they practically give them away these days. Esp if your working just use it to pay for Planetside and you'll pay it off every month no probs.

Next time you go shopping try www.kelkoo.co.uk and type in what you are after and order from the cheapest place tho these day's thats usually play.com

Only those with money to burn shop for pc games on the highstreet there just plain rip-offs. When I wanted to look at planetside Game told me non were in stock but they price it at £39.99 I got a lump in my throat and walked out almost puking on the street.

My advice is try to take the game back, buy it from play.com and while your in town or online fill out an app for a credit card and by the time you get the game you have a cc to pay for it on and saved cash by ordering online.

W

Will

As a little side note, the game was £24.99 when bought online from GAME, but £34.99 in stores.

E

Esoteric

Game = £24.99 + P & P: £1.50

play.com = free postage, the price you pay is 24.99 and I got mine in 2/3 days.

If you use kelkoo.co.uk it in-builds the p&p. Though tbh if amazon were same price as Game I'd go with amazon. For my own reasons I don't like GAME, there only so cheap online because of the competition if they had the online market and the retail market monopolised the store prices would mirror the online ones. Online stores sprang up to offer very competitive pricing and they still have to light/heat/maintain a warehouse, computer systems/bandwiths, customer service teams etc. PC game prices are being jacked up every year and its not the developers oh no the retail margin is increasing because muppets are actually willing to pay stupidly orbital prices, plus now EB has been taken over GAME can charge what the hell they like. ;-p

An angry man here. Nevermind I don't shop with them just hope others don't.

W

whipped

Originally posted by Esoteric
Game = £24.99 + P & P: £1.50

play.com = free postage, the price you pay is 24.99 and I got mine in 2/3 days.

If you use kelkoo.co.uk it in-builds the p&p. Though tbh if amazon were same price as Game I'd go with amazon. For my own reasons I don't like GAME, there only so cheap online because of the competition if they had the online market and the retail market monopolised the store prices would mirror the online ones. Online stores sprang up to offer very competitive pricing and they still have to light/heat/maintain a warehouse, computer systems/bandwiths, customer service teams etc. PC game prices are being jacked up every year and its not the developers oh no the retail margin is increasing because muppets are actually willing to pay stupidly orbital prices, plus now EB has been taken over GAME can charge what the hell they like. ;-p

An angry man here. Nevermind I don't shop with them just hope others don't.

Eb wasn't taken over, they bought GAME and then decided to change all the UK stores names to GAME after they split from the American EB chain. Get yer facts straight angry man :D

E

Esoteric

Its the principle <quickly changes hate's game posters to hate EB>. Btw used to work for eb they used to pay about £3.0 an hour before minimum wage and deputy managers used to get 8k for working every hour god sent em. Hmm yes human resources really justifies a the lovely instore price hike.

<gets angry again>

B

bone_idle

Try going to a few credit card companies websites. If you have a poor credit rating they might still give you a card but with a lower credit limit. Plus if you keep your payments up. Credit cards are the best thing to increase your credit rating.

Also check with your bank. Some bank accounts have Visa cards linked direct to your current account. Abbey National do.

Other than that you could try to order a gametime card from American shop webbies but then you'll probably need a credit card to buy them anyway.

Catch 22 i'm affraid.

If you do get a card just dont be too tempted to be silly with it. Keep it locked in a draw or cupboard or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom