<Sigh> FPS / Performance advice

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Hi.

Had lots of advice on this now. Followed lots of guides etc.

PC Specs...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ (2.71ghz)
Biostar MCP6P - M2 Motherboard (on board audio)
4 GB of Kingston hyperX ddr2 800mhz RAM (Windows sees exactly 3.0gb)
Geforce 9800gt 512mb GPU
650W atx power supply
Windows XP home (service pack 3)
Latest Drivers
Latest dx 9.0c release
Defragged / virus scanned / adware scanned hard drive

Running the game in Windowed mode at 1024 x 768 (same res as my desktop)
Have a GFX profile set up for War exe
All in game settings to lowest except effects = balanced / all, and animations = balanced.

Now i can PVE at 80fps, no worries there....

But i am STILL getting about 10fps in Tier 4 open RVR, actually, come to think of it, i guess if there were 40 people near me in pve, i would have the same issues.

If i switch effects off it peaks at about 15-17, which is kinda playable, but still not great.

And then there is keeps... STILL down to 3fps, peaks at about 8-10 if i turn all effects off.

Is it simply my PC is not up to it? If that is so... then i will now have to accept that and live with it.

Is ther ANYONE with similar specs to me that can run the game fine? If so what have you done to achieve this.

Thanks in advance for your help / advice.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Your PC is fine. Its unfortunately bad coding from Mythic whcih causes problems with some Nvidia graphics cards.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Is ther ANYONE with similar specs to me that can run the game fine? Yes

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ (2.71ghz)

Heard about people installing AMD Cool'n'Quiet Technology with there processors and it causing instability in games.

AMD CPU driver installed? Allows the system to automatically adjust the CPU speed, voltage and power combination to match the instantaneous user performance need.

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer Version 1.1.4 Installed? The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction.

AMD Athlon? 64 X2 Dual Core Processor Utilities and Updates

GPU and CPU temperature? Does your performance get worse as you play or is it bad with a cool computer.

Virus Scanned
Have you had a virus recently? What Antivirus software do you run and do you run it in the background whilst playing warhammer, Whats you fps like when its not running.

Where did you download the drivers for your graphics card and have you tryed downloading them from somewhere else, so you know it isnt a corrupt graphics driver issue. nvidia Drivers are also a pain if you've got to a situation where youve removed/reinstalled drivers several times.

Reformat of the hdd is a last resort but a fresh installation of everything can be the best way of knowing that it's not a software problem.

Whats your internet connection speed? how many computers use it and have you done speedtests.

DARKDANCER

Fledgling Freddie
I dont think theres anyone that doesnt get a massive reduction if fps in OPVR and keep takes but your fps does sound low at that resolution. The coding is pants so I would hang on for mythic to optimize there code. Half the things suggested above wont be your problem as you can run PVE fine.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Thanks

Thanks for your comments all,

Loneliness.... Do i understand your reply to mean that you have a similar spec to me, and can run the game fine?

My responses to your comments / questions below.

===========

Heard about people installing AMD Cool'n'Quiet Technology with there processors and it causing instability in games.

No idea if this is installed or not

AMD CPU driver installed? Allows the system to automatically adjust the CPU speed, voltage and power combination to match the instantaneous user performance need.

Yes, Installed

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer Version 1.1.4 Installed? The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction.

Yes, Installed

GPU and CPU temperature? Does your performance get worse as you play or is it bad with a cool computer.

Same perfrormance just after a boot up from bieng off all night

Have you had a virus recently? What Antivirus software do you run and do you run it in the background whilst playing warhammer, Whats you fps like when its not running.

Nop no viruses recently, I use AVG, and search and destroy. Both are not running when i play. (i use "End it all" to kill tasks before i play

Where did you download the drivers for your graphics card and have you tryed downloading them from somewhere else, so you know it isnt a corrupt graphics driver issue. nvidia Drivers are also a pain if you've got to a situation where youve removed/reinstalled drivers several times.

Tried several versions, and use driver sweeper.

Reformat of the hdd is a last resort but a fresh installation of everything can be the best way of knowing that it's not a software problem.

Working with a clean install. Complete reformat and re instalation of windows prior to installing WAR

Whats your internet connection speed? how many computers use it and have you done speedtests

8mb adsl... usually connects between 5 and 7.4 mb

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Thanks for your comments all,

Loneliness.... Do i understand your reply to mean that you have a similar spec to me, and can run the game fine?[/B]

Yes practically identical, apart from my mobd is a Geforce 7050 and its ran with good performance in many Averlorn zerg, minus mythics server problems which only effect everyone accassionaly.

I actually have serveral selfcustom pc's and they can all run the game in pvp aswell as they can in pve. One thing i will say though i much prefer my computer with the 8800GS (384mb) than the one with the 9800GT.
why its better i dont know but it defently runs war orvr content better and at half the price :(

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Yes practically identical, apart from my mobd is a Geforce 7050 and its ran with good performance in many Averlorn zerg, minus mythics server problems which only effect everyone accassionaly.

I actually have serveral selfcustom pc's and they can all run the game in pvp aswell as they can in pve. One thing i will say though i much prefer my computer with the 8800GS (384mb) than the one with the 9800GT.
why its better i dont know but it defently runs war orvr content better and at half the price :(

And THIS it what is most frustrating....

I KNOW i should be able to experience this game the way it was meant to be played... yet i cant...

Gah!

Thanks for the responses, i guess i am stuck with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom