Sidi.

B

bigchief

agweed

saves ppl going to sidi and it being empty too ~~

O

[Oo]Escape

Alb excal have two forum mods to make sticky threads and such... givf prydwen forum mod :eek:

It might work, but it won't stop all 1fg raiders from helping themselves to the dungeon. Apparently no one will have the right to book a dungeon via forums :p

R

Roalith

Won't stop all 1fg raiders from helping themselves I admit. It may, however, help people to see that we can actually cooperate as a realm :rolleyes:

D

Danya

Yes, unless you're called Derric or Farrell, then, no. :-o

Z

Zaffa

booking over BW kinda suck as not all players read bw....

O

old.TeaSpoon

Originally posted by Zaffa
booking over BW kinda suck as not all players read bw....

But its the home of the main forums for Euro DAoC so it should gain the most coverage.

G

GReaper

Heres a very simple solution!

If /who Sidi = 0, then Sidi is free! :D Else not free. :(

If you want to guarentee Sidi being available to you, start your raid earlier so others won't be there. Really isn't difficult, is it?

T

Tafaya Anathas

Originally posted by -GReaper-
Heres a very simple solution!

If /who Sidi = 0, then Sidi is free! :D Else not free. :(

If you want to guarentee Sidi being available to you, start your raid earlier so others won't be there. Really isn't difficult, is it?

And what about /anon Sidi raids?

W

wildsorcerer

i think its a great idear and would work just fine ..

at present it is impossable to set a date/time to go sidi as guild/alliance because if sum1 is in there we cancel and the more this happenes the less ppl we get rdy to be there on a set date ..

only way i go sidi now if spur of the moment as im sure most ppl do that, but that causes its own problems
way to many times ive put a group together at dales just about to depart and suddenly /who sidi shows a fg ... a total waste of time ...

ofc we never go if sum1 got inside entrance b 4 us but not all ppl/guilds do that and the aurguments ive had with ppl coz our group was in theer first is just crazy, ppl demandin we leave coz they wantyed to go today etc etc ....

now thease aurguments between guilds certainly doesnt help "realm co-oparation" it just makes ppl angry with other ppl ... im not sayin sidi is the cause alb not workin as a team in rvr but just it doesnt help.

Bring on the planner imho

H

hangianix

I fear it won't work, too many guild/alliance/friends there who are able to do at least 1 fg raids.
1. If you make a rule that open raids > 2fg+ closed raids > 1fg closed raids (or something along this line), that will close out loads of ppl.
2. With booking of the dungeon (considering the future ammount of participants) that is a danger that it would be booked 2-3 weeks ahead and what can prevent ppl going there 3 times a week for example (grp of friend of Tue, guild grp on Wed, alliance grp on Thu - they booked those days before others, so they have right to do so) till others couldnt get a time in the near future.

The idea is nice, and can prevent some argument, but I fear it would cause more.

ps.: soz for grammar, typo etc.

R

Roalith

Let me just clarify: The planner isn't intended to stop FG raids by any means. It's intended to straighten out the 'diary' if you will.

Take AoH's raid Monday. They started at 12, aware that a realm raid started at 7:30. This was almost right, as Sidi optimum repop time is 8 hours - call it 10 hours to be on the safe side for certainty of repop.

What I suggest we do, and what Alb-Excal are doing, is showing booking times/dates for large raids. Provided that they hit the dungeon 10 hours before a planned raid, 1FG raids can still go ahead.

Hell, they even show 'invite only' IE 1fg raids on the Alb-Excal planner.

Users who are viewing this thread