Sidi Booking pants - and whines afterwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

quinthar

I do not and will not speak for my current guild when I say this, but if I got to somewhere like Sidi I wont be looking at a booking sheet wtf should I?

There is a shed loada people on the server and I dont recall people here campaigning every single one of them, or contacting every guild leader to advising them that a bunch of drop hunting tarts want to regulate sidi....

I'm sorry but get a life, perhaps we should have a Wizard Lichas booking form, perhaps we should have a Keh booking form or a DF form or dragon form + numerous others.

You all want the leet drops, frankly I dont give a rats about it, if I go somewhere its for fun, maybe you wannabe government types can pass some rules about camping spots and perhaps having parking meters at well known camping spots.

Ah, you wont bother because it doesnt afect you or *YOU* feel its an insignificant issue, well think about other people for a change, I used to frequently go to sidi area also on route to legion and I dont recall any of the 5-6FG's that ploughed past us in the middle of a pull causing some of us to die through lag giving a shit.

So tell me why the silient majority should give a rats about you lot??

C

ChillyDawg

Its actually quite useful, i find. Stops people bumping into each other and randomly killign whole raids cos of respawn timers, but thats my opinion.

F

Flimgoblin

yet another one misses the point completely.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Mebbe there is something in the water that is causing the sudden drop in IQ in Albion. :/

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Flimgoblin

I dont miss the point I simply choose to disagree, hence you kind of dont have a leg to stand on do you, you cannot regulate what happens on the server through these forums, it might be nice and it might be handy but do nto think for one minute that it has any bearing in any way shape or form on a server not moderated by these mods, the number of people here are insignificant.

Instead of doing the same old "pfft clueless" try answering the issues.

or did you not actually bother to read it before posting?

A

Asha

Should be used for weekends and special events that will have enough people for a serious attempt... such as a very large alliance event. I think it would be nice if everyone could at least agree to respect late Friday night til after Sunday's public raid.

Otherwise, we all have little chance of getting the uber drops. Even if you don't attend those raids, the drops will be on the server so they might be availble to buy or trade. The more uber drops we get, the less they will cost.

You're never going to get people doing focus pulls on weekdays to follow BW's booking sheet. Just let it be a free for all Sunday night til Friday night. I would think that would be a compromise that everyone can live with?

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

The idea of having this booking sheet is so that people can organise raids and have FUN and not clash with other raids.

Its not asking too much just to look at the sheet and think, 'oh, someone has planned to do a large guild raid in a few hours time. we can do our raid another time.', is it?

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by quinthar
I dont miss the point I simply choose to disagree, hence you kind of dont have a leg to stand on do you, you cannot regulate what happens on the server through these forums, it might be nice and it might be handy but do nto think for one minute that it has any bearing in any way shape or form on a server not moderated by these mods, the number of people here are insignificant.

Instead of doing the same old "pfft clueless" try answering the issues.

did you not bother reading any of my other posts?

I've said exactly that before - this isn't about claiming sidi for anyone - it's about saying "I'm organising a raid on this date." so that other people can organise raids without clashing. Pretty simple really.

It came about because both Fellowship and Dragon Knights were organising a raid for the same day, we worked it out that time and came up with the idea of a list that way if people _do_ read BW they don't waste their time scheduling a raid.

Of course if you choose to completely ignore this list even if you do read BW that's just selfish. Noone's stopping you from posting about a raid, or indeed anyone else. Posting here might stop someing bringing 6fg into Sidi and killing keylords 1 through 10 whilst you're focus pulling the trash.

A

Asha

Well considering that one of the mods of the forums doesn't even respect the list, there is fat chance of getting joe blow albie and his m8s to do so.

Be happy if you get ppl to respect the weekend bookings.

Ofc some of these groups could actually work together instead of trying to book an entire dungeon for so few people.

F

Fagane

You can book all Raids, whenever you want. This includes Focus Pull Raids (as Tilda proves).

Only thing that is asked is to respect the bookings, and kill atleast one key-lord (Sidi will not respawn if not 1 key-lord is killed) 9 hours beofre the booking and when you do your raid. It is not smart to kill only the adds, it can/will cause bugs in Cear Sidi, so atleast 1 key-lord needs to be killed.

Any Tank group (well build) can kill key-lord 1, Any Focus Pull group (well build) can kill key-lord 8.

If you can not kill a key-lord, then do not bother to come, or you ruin the fun for others. Also kill that Key-lord 9 hours or more before the booked raid.

I do think that a time should be placed with each Sidi Booking, so people do know when they need to clear out, or still can pull.

Fagane

T

Tootz

Sidi is just a dungeon like any other and you can't expect people not to go there just because they haven't made a reservation on some booking sheet.

If you find someone else down there then its just bad luck and you go back later like any other camping spot.

O

old.[BF]MaD

we are the majority,
not u.

and this sheet is here to prevent , not to provoke like u just did with ur whine/flame.

O

old.[BF]MaD

seems u did not bother to read the xxx other posts on this topic and decided something else was bothering u , but HEY lets make a flame-thread on BW , just cuz i feel like annoying ppl!

:m00:

A

Aussie-

this threadmaker is prolly one of those spanish warders in epic armor that wants to take DC every day and runs in groups of 4

C

catalina

OK here's an example, say i arrange to take 100 ppl to Sidi in the hope of killing Apoc. I announce this on the booking thread 3 weeks in advance so as to avoid clashes with anyone else hoping to raid.

You then see that it's planned but you *don't give a fuck* and proceed to go in the same morning and kill as many mobs/lords as you can.

Congratulations, halfway through the planned raid the entire place repops and the raid is screwed.

Now tell me, are you proud of yourself for fucking it up for 100 ppl and wasting 4-5 hours of their time just because you *don't give a fuck*?

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by catalina
OK here's an example, say i arrange to take 100 ppl to Sidi in the hope of killing Apoc. I announce this on the booking thread 3 weeks in advance so as to avoid clashes with anyone else hoping to raid.

You then see that it's planned but you *don't give a fuck* and proceed to go in the same morning and kill as many mobs/lords as you can.

Congratulations, halfway through the planned raid the entire place repops and the raid is screwed.

Now tell me, are you proud of yourself for fucking it up for 100 ppl and wasting 4-5 hours of their time just because you *don't give a fuck*?

your relying on the fact that this person has one ounce of decency, when its already clearly obvious he does not.

K

kirennia

respect for others is something that has fallen short in this world :/ Feel kinda sorry for those that don't respect others, it's a one way ticket to bad things for them

G

Glottis_Xanadu

but if I got to somewhere like Sidi I wont be looking at a booking sheet wtf should I?

I assume this silent majority is mostly you and your lame ass ego.
You are probably one of those people with a necro that insist that 2 necro's can camp a spot, with the result both get crap xp.
You are a person that will walk up to princess room, and go about pulling the princess, despite the group that has been clearing the adds, about to pull the princess.

You sir, sound like a major league asshole, and both your parents are kept in captivity in London Zoo.
Regards, Glottis

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Cap'n Sissyfoo
The idea of having this booking sheet is so that people can organise raids and have FUN and not clash with other raids.

Its not asking too much just to look at the sheet and think, 'oh, someone has planned to do a large guild raid in a few hours time. we can do our raid another time.', is it?

Assuming the vast majority read BW, tons dont...

Q

quinthar

Re: Re: Sidi Booking pants - and whines afterwards

Originally posted by old.[BF]MaD
we are the majority,
not u.

and this sheet is here to prevent , not to provoke like u just did with ur whine/flame.

Sorry matey but youre not the majority, your simply the vocal ones on Barryswhine that try to claim Sidi for themselves.

The best I have heard was a well known guild with 2-3fg's go into sidi and encounter a slap up 2FG's then have the audacity to say wtf are you doing here we booked sidi!!.

Need I say more...

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by old.[BF]MaD
seems u did not bother to read the xxx other posts on this topic and decided something else was bothering u , but HEY lets make a flame-thread on BW , just cuz i feel like annoying ppl!

:m00:

hey I bow to your leetness, after all you claim the be the majority on the server Rah you..

There was simply no need to read the 500 threads, the salient issues are clear, and by the example I posted its pretty clear to me that people think they have the god given right "own" sidi when thier name is on a list "thousands" do not read..

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Aussie-
this threadmaker is prolly one of those spanish warders in epic armor that wants to take DC every day and runs in groups of 4

The poster of this thread is not a biggot, you sir, are it seems.

Then again, I've never stolen anything in game.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by catalina

How about mr x turns up at sidi after putting together a pickup group or 3 then somoe leet guild crashes the party saying they booked sidi and to fuck off...

Perhaps you think thats great, I dont..

Ah maybe thats Mr X (the non BW reader) not giving a fuck....interesting ideals you guys have.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Kagato.
your relying on the fact that this person has one ounce of decency, when its already clearly obvious he does not.

And you presume like many others that the person thats already in there read BW, how ignorant and small minded of you.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
I assume this silent majority is mostly you and your lame ass ego.
You are probably one of those people with a necro that insist that 2 necro's can camp a spot, with the result both get crap xp.
You are a person that will walk up to princess room, and go about pulling the princess, despite the group that has been clearing the adds, about to pull the princess.

You sir, sound like a major league asshole, and both your parents are kept in captivity in London Zoo.
Regards, Glottis

Oouu I'm graced by Glottis.

You assume too much..

But given that your an ignorant moron, thats hardly anything new.

There is considerably more people outside your own little world on BW than you think.

K

Kagato.

And you presume like many others that the person thats already in there read BW, how ignorant and small minded of you.

Heheh thats funny, you calling me small minded? Whilst its obvious not everyone reads BW, its a simple fact that the majority do, and even if they don't most of there guilds do, guilds who all support the booking sheet because its in there best interest to do so. And its already been proven that the ones involved in these incidents are aware of BW and the Sidi sheet.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Kagato.
Heheh thats funny, you calling me small minded? Whilst its obvious not everyone reads BW, its a simple fact that the majority do, and even if they don't most of there guilds do, guilds who all support the booking sheet because its in there best interest to do so. And its already been proven that the ones involved in these incidents are aware of BW and the Sidi sheet.

I would dearly love to see the BW unique usernames that frequently access DAOC forums I seriously doubt that 18,000/3 people access them from the Xcal server, by a quick straw pole I would suspect that fewer than 100-200 from Alb/Exc access them.

My point here was to suggest that people should not simply EXPECT others to do as they wish.

Why is it funny me calling you small minded? you claim that its a "simple fact that the majority do" I'm sorry but thats utter horse shit and you know it.

Tell you what, I'll pull 20 names at random doing a /who ab on daoc and see if they read BW shall we? Are you a gambling man?

A quick check of the sidi booking thread reveals less than 3700 views, not even half of potential Xcal readership, on top of that I doubt very much whether the views that are listed are Xcal/Alb AND are unique.

I

infernalwrath

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
claiming is forbiten by coc
booking sheet claims sidi for the whole day for ppl who decide they want it like 20 -25 days earlier ...
bring me evidence that booking sheet is accepted by coc,goa or mythic.. untill tehn i will see that time i will do the sidi raids cause i dont want to spoil other ppls raid despite the fact that they claim a dungeon for a day
Contain in the booking sheet large sidi raids and not 6 ppl raids imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom