SI GUI now

T

Tilda

does that mean where not allowed to change that file so we can play on US servers?

Tilda

M

Meatballs

It'll be illegal as the files are the intellectual property of Mythic etc and they are being distributed without their permission, but not taken from the European version. So well thats Ghoul's problem if Mythic want to make a deal out of it o_O

"You may not use any third party software to modify the Game to change Game play." It isn't really changing the gameplay, this is aimed towards using *those radar programs* etc. I don't think graphics files come under the definition of software. Although the editing of graphics/model files with a graphics program to make spiked files (boing Q2 days) would be etc.

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by Tilda
does that mean where not allowed to change that file so we can play on US servers?

Tilda

This means you are not allowed to do anything.

please do not acces any screenshots you have made withing the game and alter them in any way for fear of being banned.

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1
They're not aloud to look at the files on the computer so how can they tell, they can't. So ner...

err they check the files everytime they load up the game with the updater :m00:

K

klavrynd

The patcher is clientside software that does it's thing before account details are given in. Sending account details without proper notice to the person using the application would be a breach of the laws concerning privacy. (using the ok button to log in implies that you know your account details will be sent to the server)

O

osy

Example

say you have D:\Games\Camelot

First of all, make a back-up of all files in D:\Games\Camelot\data\ into a new folder, named DAOC_GUI. (D:\Games\Camelot\DAOC_GUI\)

Download and extract the files from the provided archive in another folder, named SI_GUI.
(D:\Games\Camelot\SI_GUI\)

batch files:

=====

daoc_gui.bat

@echo off

del D:\Games\Camelot\data\*.bmp
copy D:\Games\Camelot\DAOC_GUI\*.* D:\Games\Camelot\data
exit

=====

si_gui.bat

@echo off

copy D:\Games\Camelot\SI_GUI\*.* D:\Games\Camelot\data
exit

=====

for those that dont know how to create a batch file:

Create a text document named si_gui.txt, copy / paste the content above in it, save. Rename extension to *.bat instead of *.txt

Usage:

1. Launch Game. (you get the login screen)
2. While at login screen, execute si_gui.bat
3. Type in your info, play.
4. After quitting game, run daoc_gui.bat, so the auto-updater doesnt start downloading the modified files.

T

Teh Krypt

Re: Example

Originally posted by old.Osy

First of all, make a back-up of all files in D:\Games\Camelot\data\ into a new folder, named DAOC_GUI. (D:\Games\Camelot\DAOC_GUI\)

Download and extract the files from the provided archive in another folder, named SI_GUI.

batch files:

=====

daoc_gui.bat

@echo off

exit

=====

si_gui.bat

@echo off

exit

=====

Create a text document named si_gui.txt, copy / paste the content above in it, save. Rename extension to *.bat instead of *.txt

hope it helps.

No help..

Ive stoped using it as its against CoC :D

K

klavrynd

how bout you use the pause command, you batch-wizard, so you don't need 2 batchfiles :pp

O

osy

Originally posted by klavrynd
how bout you use the pause command, you batch-wizard, so you don't need 2 batchfiles :pp

DOS age is long dead, my dear. You can't expect me to remember all the tricks :)

open windows

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
Ok, I'll say it, so that it's been said, and because, well, I'm Brannor, and it's what I do.

Using this GUI, is against the EULA, and is grounds for account termination.

There, it's said. Don't say you weren't warned. Blah Blah Blah.

-G

says the one useing daox himself....

G

Gallak

Of course if you wanted to be really clever you could even edit some of the files so you get your own nifty user interface, like putting numbers on each bubble with the last one labelled DING on the xp bar, or editing the mana bubble for the minigroup window so that instead of black dark yellow lighter yellow light yellow YELLOW, it was black red blue green yellow. But I don't think anyone would bother wasting there time doing that, any more than they would waste time writing a post about doing it.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
Ok, I'll say it, so that it's been said, and because, well, I'm Brannor, and it's what I do.

Using this GUI, is against the EULA, and is grounds for account termination.

There, it's said. Don't say you weren't warned. Blah Blah Blah.

-G

can somebody please write a patch for him featuring an off button..:p

O

osy

Originally posted by Gallak
Of course if you wanted to be really clever you could even edit some of the files so you get your own nifty user interface, like putting numbers on each bubble with the last one labelled DING on the xp bar, or editing the mana bubble for the minigroup window so that instead of black dark yellow lighter yellow light yellow YELLOW, it was black red blue green yellow. But I don't think anyone would bother wasting there time doing that, any more than they would waste time writing a post about doing it.

I wasted some time inverting colors on all those *.bmp's, out of curiosity... :D

crap result.

hmmm, custom made styles... infil with "PWN" instead of Dragonfang icon... hm hmhmmm :D :D

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by old.Atrox
says the one useing daox himself....
Nice ATTEMPT at a taunt... :sleeping:

-G

S

SFXman

Re: Example

batch files:

=====

daoc_gui.bat

@echo off

exit

=====

si_gui.bat

@echo off

exit

=====

Usage:

1. Launch Game. (you get the login screen)
2. While at login screen, execute si_gui.bat
3. Type in your info, play.
4. After quitting game, run daoc_gui.bat, so the auto-updater doesnt start downloading the modified files.
So complicated... can be much simpler than this if you just back-up the real files in the data folder and also have the SI ones in another folder....
A 3 line batch file that has the pause and it closes when it is done... :rolleyes:

O

old.Spug

can somebody please write a patch for him featuring an off button..
I would, but in this case, he's correct. altering the client is against the CoC. Pure and simple, no need for debate about "it only does..." or "but mythic use it"

you take the risk, then thats fine, but in this case, Brannor is correct (dont let it go to your head Bran)

O

old.Tohtori

DOS age is long dead, my dear. You can't expect me to remember all the tricks :)

open windows

/md games

/rd games

/md cool_games

/cd cool_gamse

/dir

/cd cool_games

/md DOAC

/rd DOAC

/md DACO

/rd DACO

/md ADOC

/cd DAOC

/dir

/cd ..

/format c:

Oh the joy of DOS times :D

O

old.Tohtori

Honestly, we really could not care less. No really. Not at all.

Oh and your moter looks like a carrot, don't blame me, it's the forum gods that made me say that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom