SI GUI now

T

Tilda

hmm
anybody virus scanned them?
me smells a big stinky rat... oh.. oh wait thats just Yog standing behind me. :(

Tilda

W

walkerb

nope they are clean
plenty using it already

T

Tilda

do you have to put the files in there every time you start daoc or can i just leave them there?

Tilda

W

walkerb

everytime after file check ye
worth it though :p

T

Tilda

can you download the engine for less RvR lag, better water gfx etc? because Mythinc insiders were playing on it befor the new classes were introduced wernt they?

Tilda

D

DocWolfe

thats because those people had SI enabled on their accounts, you couldn't do it otherwise.

C

CliffyG

Why is it worth it, there doesn't appear to be much difference at all????? Slight colour changes and an extra line round the edges of the windows seems to be about all thats changed????

Z

zilch

How do I open teh .rar file, winzip wont do it

any help?

T

Teh Fonz!!1

So I just unzip, copy the graphic files into the Camelot data directory, copy over the old files and then start the game. DO a full file check and it's done?

K

kr0n

No need for full file check. Just copy the files AFTER Patch Updater has done its job. EG just copy them when youre on Login screen (The screen where you put your password)

T

Tilda

to make a .bat file put this in a text folder:

copy c:\location of the files dowloaded and extracted above\data\*.* c:\mythic\Camelot\Data

adjust the locations accordingly and save as a .bat file then start daoc when you are asked for your password double click your bat file on your desktop wait for it to finish, then close and enter password, then enter game.

Tilda

T

Tilda

hmm anybody know how to put a bit in the bat file to make it close after its finished? :)

Tilda

G

ghoul

Originally posted by CliffyG
Why is it worth it, there doesn't appear to be much difference at all????? Slight colour changes and an extra line round the edges of the windows seems to be about all thats changed????

Excessive use of question and exclamation marks is bad :(

And no one is forcing you to download them.

O

old.Gromnir

Originally posted by Tilda
hmm
anybody virus scanned them?
me smells a big stinky rat... oh.. oh wait thats just Yog standing behind me. :(

Tilda

Yeah you are home free

B

Brannor McThife

Ok, I'll say it, so that it's been said, and because, well, I'm Brannor, and it's what I do.

Using this GUI, is against the EULA, and is grounds for account termination.

There, it's said. Don't say you weren't warned. Blah Blah Blah.

-G

K

kezel

New bat configs

If u wanna use bat files and don't wanan dl the old ones every single time.. just dl them and put em in a dir then write

copy location of original (d:\games\daoc\or\*.*) d:\games\daoc\data
pause (Now u need to press key to do next step. Now u load game to paswordscren go back and press any key u want :D )
copy location of SI gui (d:\games\daoc\SI\*.*) d:\games\daoc\data

That should be easy any prob just contact me :D

Thx for the GUI btw Reklaw :D

T

Tilda

would i do such a think as use illegal stuff...nooo :p

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by SilverHood
who says its illegal?
I'll assume, for your sake, that you're not being an absolute prat and acting like it's not...and give you the quote from the EULA.

You may not copy (except to make one necessary back-up copy), distribute, rent, lease, loan, modify or create derivative works, adapt, translate, perform, display, sublicense or transfer the Software. -Rightnow: DAoC EULA

Oh, and...

6. Hacks, Modifications and/or Changes to the Game
You may not use any third party software to modify the Game to change Game play. You may not use intellectual property rights contained in the Game or the Software to create or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, as through server emulators. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.

-G

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Brannor, someone hacked your account and messed about with your character. That person is still playing DAoC and boasting about it infront of GOA staff.

I pretty much think GOA won't give a shit about this. Even if they did they'd probably punish you by giving you free sweets.

Anyway, what the hell is the harm in changing some graphic files. It doesn't give anybody an advantage, not like a second account does etc...

They're not aloud to look at the files on the computer so how can they tell, they can't. So ner...

K

klavrynd

You may not copy (except to make one necessary back-up copy), distribute, rent, lease, loan, modify or create derivative works, adapt, translate, perform, display, sublicense or transfer the Software. -Rightnow: DAoC EULA

I am rather sure that once SI is launched in Europe, GOA will use the exact same files to get downloaded through the offcial patcher.

Changing the graphics comes down to modifying a non-substantial part of the software, since it doen not alter the gameplay or -content.

Hell, if you want to follow this CoC , you can't even play, because you're not allowed to display the software :rolleyes:

You may not use any third party software to modify the Game to change Game play. You may not use intellectual property rights contained in the Game or the Software to create or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, as through server emulators. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.

Mythic is not 3th party in the strict way of the term, since it does supply goa with all the software. All other things said in the paragraph have nothing to do with this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom