SI and Lag

K

khadar

Have anyone try that new grafic engine on US server and see if there is smaller lag now then before?

Does the grafic engine do much more than before?

T

Teh Fonz!!1

I've heard it's better.

Where as now we get steady fps in quiet areas and low fps in RvR, in SI you get constant fps in all areas although it might not be as good as the fps we have now when it's good.

Did anyone understand that?

L

Lam

I've played SI and I must say that the lag is indeed less when there are a huge number of people on the screen.

What you still have is a little bit of lag while entering cities or just after porting since the engine needs to draw the surroundings.
But what helps the most in rvr is the fact that when a char get's into visual range it isn't drawn in full detail but the detail get's increased when it the char get's closer to you. In the engine we are using now the moment a char comes into visual range it get's drawn completely with all visual effects on it which causes a lot of lag when 2 or 3 groups run into visual range. With the new engine the detail get's increased slowly and thanks to the nex engine code you also get less lag when everything is drawn in full detail.

So a short answer to your question: Yes lag is less in SI and makes rvr more enjoyable but you can still expect some lag on large encounters like dragon raids or relic raids.

O

old.neenee

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1
I've heard it's better.

Where as now we get steady fps in quiet areas and low fps in RvR, in SI you get constant fps in all areas although it might not be as good as the fps we have now when it's good.

Did anyone understand that?

lol, just ;o

K

k9awya

it's loads better in zerg situations etc

but it still sucks. . :>

Users who are viewing this thread