Film Shutter Island

Laddey

FH is my second home
Sorry if theres been another post about it.

Really, really enjoyed it. Brilliant film.

I suggest y'as watch it. Not the shitty camjob on TPB (v3/a5 btw) Go watch it, trust me...really enjoyed it!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Might take the missus to see it this weekend
Its had rave reviews

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Yeah I really liked it aswell, altho I saw the ending coming

Laddey

FH is my second home
Yeah I really liked it aswell, altho I saw the ending coming
yeah deffo, but it suited Dicaprio so well. Such a good story to it, was really really pleased.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I just read abut how the book is supposed to be 10x better so I might read it tbh I really cannot be doing with leonardo dicaprio....it's not his fault either it's from when Titanic came out and everybody was going on and on and on about him (i never saw that either lol) and I just kind of developed an allergy to him through over exposure (sort of like eating too much sugar can actually make you diabetic).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I just read abut how the book is supposed to be 10x better so I might read it tbh I really cannot be doing with leonardo dicaprio....it's not his fault either it's from when Titanic came out and everybody was going on and on and on about him (i never saw that either lol) and I just kind of developed an allergy to him through over exposure (sort of like eating too much sugar can actually make you diabetic).

Don't pigeon hole him, ignore Titanic. The guy is a very talented actor and has been in some very good films. Big directors like using him, and that says a lot.

Since 2000 he has only been in two films that are below par, The Beach and The Aviator, the rest have been great.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I just can't help it I want to punch something whenever I see him :(

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Dicaprio is a very talented actor. I dislike people who judge him because of titanic.

and I also liked the beach. :twak:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Dicaprio is a very talented actor. I dislike people who judge him because of titanic.

I never said it was bad, I said it was below par. The translation from book to screen was flawed, his performance was good, the film as a whole was distinctly average.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Blood diamond is something every caprio hater should watch.

Really shows what kind of an actor he is all grown up.

Haven't watched much of hsi films so can't say anything besides that.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Watch Body of Lies, fantastic film, probably a better performance than Blood Diamond.

gohan

FH is my second home
omg i agree with toht....

used to hate di caprio after titanic and romeo and juliett, was like pretty boy pin up actor no talent, what a ****

but after watching blood diamond and the departed i really rate him

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Di Caprio was excellent in Romeo and Juliet though. Doing shakespeare is no easy thing.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You wanna see a good Hamlet? Watch David Tennant's version with the RSC, not this Hollywood blockbuster Shakespeare bollocks. Real Shakespeare with proper actors & a cheap budget. And NO, before you say anyhing, American's CANT do Shakespeare. They suck. Just like their chocolate & foreign policy. And next time you want to videotape me while I'm in the shower, ask first! Now, go and await my orders. I HAVE SPOKEN !!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ooh DT hamlet is available on dvd at the library, must remember to nab it, my friend went to see it at stratford said it was excellent (I was just awe struck by the fact that it's shakespeare starring Dr Who aaand Captain Picard tbh the only thing that could possibly improve it is if they served bacon in the interval)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
haha......thx for the PM Ez....my FH is fecked....can't reply to personal messages

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You wanna see a good Hamlet? Watch David Tennant's version with the RSC, not this Hollywood blockbuster Shakespeare bollocks. Real Shakespeare with proper actors & a cheap budget. And NO, before you say anyhing, American's CANT do Shakespeare. They suck. Just like their chocolate & foreign policy. And next time you want to videotape me while I'm in the shower, ask first! Now, go and await my orders. I HAVE SPOKEN !!

Meh, just 'cause it has british people and low budget, doesn't make it good shakespeare.

I actually think shakespeare would prefer the US better as they put more thought into the show instead of "Oh arth mine butthocks finelooking and dost my voice sound eactly as thy people say?"

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
The fact it was written by an Englishman and Studied heavily in every school in the UK, oh and performed by David Tennant who isnt just a guy who done Dr Who but a fully trained Thespian, makes me believe that it will be much better than anything America can do. It at least will be more true to the original story

We have all seen how Hollywood butcher Japanese horror movies (something the japs are fantastic at, on little or no budget)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
America does not equal bad.
Cheap budget + UK does not equal good.

That is all.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Shakespeare isnt supposed to have guns and large explosions etc, hell its not even supposed to have female cast members.

Regardless of your taste of Shakespeare anyone else other than good old fashioned actors like Sir Ian McKellen etc. Its shouldnt have Chris Tucker

Ok im being over dramatic on purpose cause its funny to imagine Chris Tucker doing Shakespeare "Oi Juliette, get your black ass down here!"

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Did all of you miss the point of it being a stylised modernisation?

Comparing Dt's stage version of shakespeare to the film is silly.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Oh im not talking about Dicaprios. I actually really enjoyed that tbh, i like them keeping with the original script and how they weapons were all names of swords etc. Very clever

What i do hate is when they try redo it with Roy and Julie instead etc and make it all urban and street basically dumbing it down

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Shakespeare isnt supposed to have guns and large explosions etc, hell its not even supposed to have female cast members.

Wasn't saying it should, just FYI.

"Real Shakespeare with proper actors & a cheap budget. And NO, before you say anyhing, American's CANT do Shakespeare. They suck"

Countered that.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Just to say the book was awesome so I'll definately go see this :)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Fuck Im sorry I never thought to think of that, mod delete my previos post please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom