Shrouded Islands minimum system requirements: 1.4ghz cpu!

M

Melodic

Originally posted by SFXman

Too bad this really doesn't work for a R9700pro. Think about it...
Drinking ~40 euros a weekend (maybe up to 60-80 with lots of bar drinking), new pants ~100 euros. It would take me a minimum of 10 weeks to get a R9700pro in this way... since they do cost somewhere around 500 euros...
Oh well, getting a job on my vacation from my studies sometime next month.

please please tell me where I can go drinking for a weekend on even 80 euros...

S

SFXman

Well, 80 euro weekend for me would contain ~28 euros on 2x 12-pack (fri and sat bottoms before a bar), then the ~50 euros left split between the two nights... generally that gets you ~12 to 24 pints of beer in a bar. The range with that is so large because one bar I commonly go to has a happy two hours with 2 euros a beer... normally bars here have 4e each. There's how mate.
So Melodic, that bar where 80 euros gets you 40 pints of beer is here in Tampere, Finland.

O

old.job

I spent £80 this weekend on drinks, and that is how much I expect to pay for a new motherboard and chip next March.

Yes I'm a pisshead, but then again, isn't drinking a national sport in Finland ,SFX?

T

Tesla Monkor

9700Pro will set you back for about 400 Euro. Probably a bit less if you shop around.

AMD XP1800 - 96 Euro
MSI KT3 Ultra 2 - 119 Euro
256mb 333 memory - 95 Euro.

Those are all the bits you have to replace. Not that big a deal. :)

O

old.Aralik

sorry to burst your bubble but that min spec is a load of bullshit.

A) There is no 1.4 Pentium 3

B) Recommend spec is 1.4 so is min

C) 1.4 Pentium 4 clock to clock with AMD are way off in performance terms. So why have 1.4 P4 as recommend and a 1.4 Athlon when the athlon is faster than the P4?

D) The new engine runs faster than the older one so the min specs will be lower, although with all the detials on the recommend spec will be higher.

O

old.Stang

Omg, still playing on my Celeron 600 (overclocked to almost 700) with GF2 and P3 450 with a Viper V770, even PvE can be hard with these machines, what can i do to upgrade? selling my 66 Mustang?, hell no!!!

Positive side: my internet connection owns...

O

Onedda

LN3823 1.40GHz 133MHz Intel Pentium® III Tualatin 512K Cache FCPGAII

yes ther is a p3 at 1.4

O

old.Raziel

Well if mythic want cash those spec would be really dumb, ok there must be a large amount of DAOC player playing with min/rec spec for DAOC so making the add on pack with a spec like that would be pushing that player base out.

F

FredaOfAxiom

I guess selling my 3 kids on the black market to buy my Athlon 2.2 Ghz, 512 DDR ram and Ti 4600 128mb did have its advangages then :p

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by old.Raziel
Well if mythic want cash those spec would be really dumb, ok there must be a large amount of DAOC player playing with min/rec spec for DAOC so making the add on pack with a spec like that would be pushing that player base out.

Yup, even if its only 10% of the players that dont have the spec's. But i guess this number is up at 30-40% of the player base atleast.

D

Delket

I think with the eye candy turned off that people shoud be able to run on far less than they state.
If you can still /effects self etc then it shouldnt be a major problem for anyone over 700 or so.
Using anything less than that these days as a gamer is asking for trouble, but at least the engine cant be any WORSE than the current one
The memory leaks are rediculous and the slideshow that rvr can become (2.53 p4, r9700, 512mbDDR) seems rather stupid IMO :)

D

dylan32

AMD Athlon faster than a P4? Sorry, the P4 chips are a lot faster than anything AMD have due to their 533mhz RAMbus access.

Also, the guy who mentioned the geforce 2 mx400 for £22. I belive the geforce 2 will run SI (the mx 400 may struggle though) but you won't see any of the new graphical effects due to these cards not having pixel or vertex shaders. You need a geforce 3 or above for the effects to work (or an R300 based card).

The new NV30 based geForce FX is due out in Europe in February, so expect to see the prices of geforce 3 & 4s falling a bit around then =D

I say fekit, I'm ditching my 2ti and getting a shinny new FX ultra =D
I've got a new 6 month 0% APR credit card and I'm not afraid to use it!

D

Delket

like for like mhz, the AMD's are faster than the p4
However AMD are pulling out of the war now so i guess that wont be true any longer (and yes i have a p4 so im not too biased :) )

G

Garris-

Aighty, let this not turn into a AMD vs. Intel war, DAOC is one of my few escapes from those.

On the specs - they are either false, or maybe they are the specs for the beta? (ie - pre-optimisation).

I bearly fit into those specs.. but I can run Doom3 at a rawkin' 15fps. And SI is no Doom3.. heh. So.. I say, if anything, 450mhz w/ 32mb graphics card sounds fair. BUT if you take into account the fact that they are making the graphics more scalable.. shouldnt be too hard to just.. switch off the swooshy shiny water of swirlyness..

A

Aurelius LH

Originally posted by Fafnir
Heard someone say Daoc is just a moneycow for Mythic now until they release Imperator. And it really looks like it.

Erm... so limiting the sales of Shrouded Isles to people with the highest spec PCs is in what way a cash gainer for Mythic?

S

SFXman

Hehe... not logical is it :)

I for one don't care for now. I could get a new graphics card and CPU by the time we get SI (Feb). If I don't I will run it with low quality graphics BUT it will most likely still be better in mass RvR, if the things US players say are true =F

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom