Shrouded Islands minimum system requirements: 1.4ghz cpu!

A

Aeternus

System Requirements

The Minimum system requirements are:

O/S: Windows 98/ME/XP (Windows 95/NT not supported) with DirectX 8.0 or later installed.

CPU: Pentium III 1.4Ghz or AMD Athlon equivalent

RAM: 256MB RAM

Video: Requires compatible 3D-Acceleration Card with 32MB Video RAM

Internet Connection: An Internet connection is required

For full compatibility details please check support.darkageofcamelot.com

The Recommended System Requirements are:

O/S: Windows 98/ME/XP (Windows 95/NT not supported) with DirectX 8.0 or later installed.

CPU: Pentium 4 1.4Ghz or better

RAM: 384MB+ RAM

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 4 Ti series 3D Video Card with 64MB+ Video RAM or equivalent

Internet Connection: An Internet connection is required

-------------

These just sound insane, they did however point out you could pretty well run it on a 700mhz. But still... 1.4ghz...

D

Dorin

if you work , put away some money and upgrade (even if it takes 4-5months, a do able thing). If you dont work, get a job (even if you are 14-18 year old) and start farming rl money :) About the post, well i prefer being informed about what comp i need to run the game with solid 40-60fps, rather then the min. requirements which is good for starting the game but cant enjoy it due to very bad fps.

O

ONE>Kid

'if you work , put away some money and upgrade (even if it takes 4-5months, a do able thing). If you dont work, get a job (even if you are 14-18 year old) and start farming rl money ' Like we really needed that explaining ;)

F

Fafnir

Should we laugh or cry at this. Wonder how many players that are using computers under 1.4 Ghz.

Heard someone say Daoc is just a moneycow for Mythic now until they release Imperator. And it really looks like it.

O

old.chesnor

What this means is that if you are running a PIII 733 Mhz system with 256MB Ram and a GeForce 3ti video card (or other similar combinations of components), you will probably have fine performance playing Shrouded Isles, despite the fact that your CPU does not meet the minimum requirements.

Don't get too excited.

B

Bedroc the Hero

ehmm I play on a pentium 450 MHz, and I have no 3D graphics cars whatsoever.

It does have its drawbacks, but Ive managed lvl 50, leading raids, attaining RR3 ( well almost ).

I know, not much to brag about, but as a homeowner, father of 2 and holding a fulltime job, time is limited.

I bet Im developing epilepsy though, cause the fps I get is no where near impressive as you might imagine! :)

hmm will think about upgrading... would be great fun to play SI.

O

old.tRoG

with my AMD 500 and Voodoo 3 the framerate was terrible, RvR was impossible, and my computer just seemed to lay down and die when I tried playing in Hibernia.

With my new 2Ghz AMD and GeForce 4 chip, im a one-man powerhouse :)

All I need now is a broadband connection and all you Q3'ers can PH34R M3H!

O

ONE>Kid

They are just trying to drain our pockets of £££ because they know DAoC wont last long once SWG is released etc :(

S

Slinker

Aye , being a homeowner and married with 4 children , does'nt mean I have money falling out of my backside to upgrade my computer everytime a new game is released . Putting money away sounds good , till the wife finds your stash , then your back to square one :p

S

SFXman

Nonetheless, even with for example my setup; 1gh Tbird/256mb ram/64mbGF2, I will see a perfomance increase in large battles... with the new engine.
I am planning on upgrading to whatever AMD cpu my mobo can take, R9700pro, 256mb more ram... should do fine...

R

Ragnarok1978

I think they may have put the system requirements a bit on the + side, but I dunno. You can't really judge from a beta since plenty of textureluving usually comes with the final product.

On the other hand, an upgrade to a 1.4 GHz system these days shouldn't be that hard. Drink a little less on the week-ends, don't buy those new pair of pants you don't really need, and get your upgrade :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Ragnarok1978
1.4 GHz system these days shouldn't be that hard. Drink a little less on the week-ends, don't buy those new pair of pants you don't really need, and get your upgrade :)
Too bad this really doesn't work for a R9700pro. Think about it...
Drinking ~40 euros a weekend (maybe up to 60-80 with lots of bar drinking), new pants ~100 euros. It would take me a minimum of 10 weeks to get a R9700pro in this way... since they do cost somewhere around 500 euros...
Oh well, getting a job on my vacation from my studies sometime next month.

N

Novamir

i think the new specs are ridiculous. surely they are good coders and can optimize stuff better than that? (im not a coder btw) i've never seen such silly recommended, just looks like sloppiness.

L

liste

They are just trying to drain our pockets of £££ because they know DAoC wont last long once SWG is released etc

do you _really_ think, the best way for them to just drain our cash deposits, is to make a high spec requirement?

its not like we're going to buy our hardware from them, you know.

If anything, the spec will cause them to LOSE potential customers!

Regarding Doom 3.
havent tried it myself, but those i've talked to, say that if you dont have the meanest top-nudge power house, its unplayable.

I suspect SI will be playable with about 1ghz and a gforce 2.
Not excactly revolutionary.

O

old.job

C'mon people ,have you seen how cheap computer parts are now, I bought a gforce-2mx400 for 22 quid, by next March a 1.4 ghz board n chip will be about 80 quid at a computer fair, you'll probably struggle to buy one, they'll be out of date. I went last weekend and there were no chips under 1.2 for sale.

S

SFXman

R9700 really is cheap innit :rolleyes:

I don't want to touch an MX :(

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.Demerzel
lol farm money irl :clap:

You target [Store owner]. He is neutral towards you... Hehe

E

Euthanasia.

You kill Store Owner!
Store owner drops a bag of coins.

O

old.Xarr

lol :D

i don't think the local authorities will take kindly to that kind of cashfarming sicko :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by liste
RL is a RvR zone. live with it :p

But the cops BAF like crazy... their weapons have more dps, proccing teargas etc. etc.

Guess something like that has to be an alliance hunt at least.:)

O

old.tRoG

I heard when on 5% health, 'Police Department Head Officer' uses AE Tear Gas, repeatedly!

R

rynnor

Where are these system specs from anyway????

The Mythic Website doesn't state them but says that it will support geforce 2-4 graphics cards etc.

Additionally I checked out Amazon.com in the US - it says the minimum spec is:

Windows 95/98/ME
450 Mhz Processor
DirectX 8.1 - capable video card

Nobody mentions 1.4 Ghz processors???

Y

yadleen

Originally posted by Aeternus
System Requirements

CPU: Pentium III 1.4Ghz or AMD Athlon equivalent

I'm sure the highest clock speed for a PIII (non-clocked) commerically available is 1Ghz above that is P4.

If thats a snip from Mythics web site they don't know what they are talking about (no suprise there then :p)

S

stu

Where is this from? Because it's not in the shroudedisles.com faq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom