Games Shroud of the Avatar

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Garriott's latest effort hits it's kickstarter goal.

I'm yet to be convinced by this, but the intentions behind it are good (sorry about this messy post).

There are lots of other videos about SotA on this list.
One is here, an interview:

Kickstarter page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0/posts

massively.com said:
Shroud of the Avatar tops $1 million in funding, adds stretch goals
by Jef Reahard on Mar 19th 2013 9:00AMFantasy, Game mechanics, MMO industry, New titles, News items, Crowdfunding0

Lord British's Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarter project has officially surpassed its $1 million funding goal with 19 days to go. That means stretch goals and bonus rewards, and the project website has been updated with a listing that includes a pet system (both social- and combat-focused) and seasonal weather functionality.

Bonus rewards have also been added to all of the backer tiers beginning at the $60 founder level. New goodies include various avatar titles, in-game house decor, physical collector's items, and more.

[Thanks Don!]

Tags: crowdfunding, fantasy, kickstarter, lord-british, portalarium, richard-garriott, shroud-of-the-avatar, shroud-of-the-avatar-kickstarter

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
massively.com said:
Garriott talks Shroud of the Avatar story, questing, and mechanics
by Jef Reahard on Mar 25th 2013 2:00PMFantasy, Video, Game mechanics, Interviews, MMO industry, New titles, News items, Sandbox0

Richard Garriott recently dropped in on Matt Chat to talk up Shroud of the Avatar with host Matt Barton.

Lord British has a lot to say over the course of the hour-long show, including some elaboration on Shroud's curious is-it-or-isn't-it-an-MMO design structure. "While most people will probably play in what I call the default setting of the open world, you can also turn it down to the other levels of comfort or safety that might prefer," he says.

There's plenty more where that came from, including bits about the story, Tracy Hickman's involvement, and the game's approach to traditional RPG questing. Click past the cut for the full interview.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-h0fUd1ItLk
[/media]

Tags: fantasy, game-mechanics, garriott-interview, interview, lord-british, matt-chat, questing, richard-garriott, sandbox, shroud-of-the-avatar, story, video

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I will make you all play this! Going to be the best game ever. DaoC mixed with Ultima, but no subscription fee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom