Shower fittings

Kryten

Old Cow.
Random one, someone may be able to help with!

Just moved into new home. All is good except our bathroom which is a fucking shambles. It's tiny, attached directly to the kitchen and separated with a slidy door. I can see what someone's taking out the fridge when I'm having a shit. Lovely.

Anyway, that's not the issue. I like showers, and currently there's a bath with a shower attached to the wall running alongside it. It's no good because it points directly over the shower so it just hits the shower curtain, doesn't point down etc. I can't move it to the end of the bath like it should be, as there's a window the whole length of that wall. I can't for the life of me find a shower head rail thing that will fit on the side wall and hold the shower head out a foot or so, so it's in the middle of the bath facing up the bath rather than across.

Anyone seen anything similar? Looks like I might be making something myself :| Zipties and duct tape are the best suggestions yet :|

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Can you take a picture to give us a frame of reference? I'm having a hard time imagining what you're describing. Sorry!

Kryten

Old Cow.
bath2.jpg

Not mine but damn near identical. That back wall is ALL window, so the shower head holder thing is on the long side of the bathtub. Just want to be able to have the shower head center exactly like a standard fitting like the above pic, but physically attached to the wall on the right

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Could you get an extender pole, something like what a shower curtain is normally attached too, wedge that in the corner and attach the shower fittings to that?

Kryten

Old Cow.
That's what I'm thinking of doing. I've got a rail kit already (currently it's just a little hook thing for a shower head) but need to try and find a way to mount it. Would naturally rather have an off-the-shelf kit but it appears such a thing doesn't exist :/ Vaguely hoping someone may have come across something!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Does the rail that the shower curtain runs along sit at about the right height to put a pole from the wall across to it?

Alternatively, I've got a pretty cheap shower in the spare bathroom with 3 heads: the normal showery bit on a flexible metal hose, jets attached to the shower and an overhead one that looks like this.

HansgroheOverheadShowers.jpg

It's like it's raining when you're under it, the water comes straight down and there's very little spillage either way.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Could you try replacing it with a long arm shower head (like the one seen below) so that it hangs out over the tub, almost like you see in free standing tubs? Or do you want to keep the current shower head?

art_511aa8e6946bf.jpeg

Comparison of what it might looks like instead:
RainHeadHandheldShower6.jpg

Free standing shower head:
old-fashioned-shower.jpg

Chilly

Balls of steel
Is this going to turn into one of those classic DIY threads?

I'm thinking birds...

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
So you're suggesting he shoot at his shower with a shotgun until it looks the way he wants?

.....I think it could work.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ceiling too high for a ceiling mount? Could just move the current one if it bends low/high enough on the stand.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So you're suggesting he shoot at his shower with a shotgun until it looks the way he wants?

.....I think it could work.
if he hits the window and sticks his head outside he'd save water, so bonus

Tom

I am a FH squatter
My shower is in the bath, mounted against the long wall. It's basically a small dustbin lid style thing that's fixed in the exact centre of the bath (in both directions). I love it, no faffing around, just turn it on and I'm stood in hot heavy rain.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
you bath in a small dustbin? I'm confused now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom