Should we all stop talking....

Should we stop with all the religion threads?

• Yes...FUCK YES!

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No I love the old books with their misunderstood texts

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • cHodAX

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • CorNutZ

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I' all for the video, jokes, mayhem threads,
but I think discussion threads have won more and more favor latly due to the lack of
"lol old, rofl achient! ect" it quickly becomes generic and well Old really, and the consiquence has become that most ppl cba anymore, since they know they'll be blasted be some troll smuck looking for an easy flame.

stating that you've seen something can be done in differrent ways,

Lol Old!!!! = generic and condersending
where as a relpy in the region of "well seen it before but..." or "wast my cup of tea"
ect and so on are replies that are usefull to the poster, even if you dont share his view.

oh and notice how thi has turned from a mear poll thread into a discussion thread?
viva la resistance ?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's funny, Bugz a while back complained that OT was just a bunch of vids and stuff that people replied with LOL and OLD! and that it lacked discussion threads.

Now that there are, Bahu is complaining of the amount of discussion threads.

Never can please the populus.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Heta said:
religion should never be discussed on a forum, as it never gets anywhere

people type what they believe and don't care what the other people say, so you might just as well sit and send pm's to yourself

That's not strictly true. There's people at either ends of the spectrum that will just rant away with their latest delusion, but there's plenty of people in the middle that can actually learn when someone shoots down their arguments and adjust their thoughts accordingly.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
OT's healthy in my most humble opinion, just been "catching up" today with some of the threads and been a few funny comments thrown around, the festive spirit must be lifting peoples wit levels somewhat

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Golly said:
OT's healthy in my most humble opinion, just been "catching up" today with some of the threads and been a few funny comments thrown around, the festive spirit must be lifting peoples wit levels somewhat

LOL

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I' all for the video, jokes, mayhem threads,
but I think discussion threads have won more and more favor latly due to the lack of
"lol old, rofl achient! ect" it quickly becomes generic and well Old really, and the consiquence has become that most ppl cba anymore, since they know they'll be blasted be some troll smuck looking for an easy flame.

stating that you've seen something can be done in differrent ways,

Lol Old!!!! = generic and condersending
where as a relpy in the region of "well seen it before but..." or "wast my cup of tea"
ect and so on are replies that are usefull to the poster, even if you dont share his view.

oh and notice how thi has turned from a mear poll thread into a discussion thread?
viva la resistance ?

Lol Old!!!!

Seen it before but wasn't my cup of tea.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
OT is pretty healthy these days, far healthier than the main FH general forum which is well on it's way to becoming a graveyard. We need a forum merge to be honest, OT has nothing to do with DAoC anymore as 99% of OT ditched the game long ago, we only enter the DAoC forums section to get to OT.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
nice to hear peoples views and everything the first time around, but it gets a bit old when every other thread is based around the same subject.
the topic of religion will be around in another 2 months i reckon, just like the whole music debate etc keeps cropping up. its like a vicious circle, man!

Nate

FH is my second home
I wouldn't mind having an easier route to OT, but I wouldn't like being in the face of the man I keep stabbing in TF2 who has all the power here :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom