should the community know? <mods delete if you see fit>

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
no names mentioned

Does the community have a right to know that the next (according to himself) GM of the English cluster makes threats to people regarding banning their accounts and "Real life contacts" just because they do not agree on a particular subject?

Both myself and another FH user/daoc player received PMs saying that if we do not apologise to another FH user regarding comments made in their goodbye thread we would have our accounts terminated and possibly face repercussions in RL.

Now personally I couldn't care less about the RL threats (he is quite welcome to come and try :p) but there is no way someone should be allowed to post such nonsense regarding a game, and certainly not someone who (may) in future be resposible for the day to day running of the server (And thus have personal details of its users)

I do not believe that GOA have any right to do anything based on something said on FH, in fact they have said before that FH is in no way an official DAOC forum and any admissions of cheating etc etc made on FH cannot be taken as proof and would not hold up in their decisions to punish someone.

I have since deleted the PMs from my inbox (I run a tidy ship!) but should I contact GOA? Is there any way an FH mod/admin can un-delete them so that I can send them onto GOA?

Obviously a GM should always be as neutral as possible so this is rather worrying for the English cluster, though in all honesty i think the guy is talking shit regarding a job at GOA (though one was recently advertised)

Anyway as i said, mods delete if you feel the need but personally i think this important to the UK DAOC community.

Himse

FH is my second home
Not being sarcastic

But RL threats are like OLD =[

The people who do this should be named and shamed, and banned, much less kids then :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I've seen the PMs that the other player recieved although I wasn't aware that you'd recieved some too.
I can quite unequivocally state that we expect all our staff (GMs especially) to uphold the highest standards and that any one of us who abused their power in any way would quickly find themselves out of a job.

Integrity and impartiality are absolute requirements for this job and anyone who can't keep that in mind simply cannot do this job. You needn't fear that we would ever employ anyone who'd demonstrated such a serious lapse of judgement.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I've seen the PMs that the other player recieved although I wasn't aware that you'd recieved some too.
I can quite unequivocally state that we expect all our staff (GMs especially) to uphold the highest standards and that any one of us who abused their power in any way would quickly find themselves out of a job.

Integrity and impartiality are absolute requirements for this job and anyone who can't keep that in mind simply cannot do this job. You needn't fear that we would ever employ anyone who'd demonstrated such a serious lapse of judgement.

Thanks for the fast reply, pretty much the answer I wanted.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Heh its probably some kid who gets big ideas that some other fool has put into his brain, hmm a 15 year old megolomaniac virgin geek , probably a tad dangerous to some folk. I dont think gahn or brad have anything to fear just /ignore. If GOA employ that kind of person who will think dyvet can be run like a freeshard sever with a power hungry attitude banning people's accounts, then it really goes to show we should all roll on us servers.

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyone from FH care to explain why the thread concerning this threat was removed? I think if this kind of thing is really going on (and you were certainly able to check) then this community has a right to know about it. Maybe I'm missing something here so please fill in the gaps.

Ta

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Being in the EU I'm 100% sure GOA have to abide by the data protection act, any hint one the employee misused personal information could result in massive fines from the courts.

It's interesting actually how this works, because we all have a right to know what a company has complied against our account, I.E if you wanted your insurance company to give you a copy of the records they have, they have to do it.

I'm guessing it would work in the same way with GOA, any information listed against your account you could request.

I had to go through a long and very boring course about this a few years back, we were told to stop writing comments about customers as they might see it one day :)

Eble

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Heh its probably some kid who gets big ideas that some other fool has put into his brain, hmm a 15 year old megolomaniac virgin geek , probably a tad dangerous to some folk. I dont think gahn or brad have anything to fear just /ignore. If GOA employ that kind of person who will think dyvet can be run like a freeshard sever with a power hungry attitude banning people's accounts, then it really goes to show we should all roll on us servers.

No worries m8, far from me to even give a fuck about that idiot :p

censi

Can't get enough of FH
You needn't fear that we would ever employ anyone who'd demonstrated such a serious lapse of judgement.

They employed you! :)

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Perhapse this was GoA super top secret long term solution for the population employ some dick as GM who then bans everyone problem solved.

Gamah

Banned
I would fucking LOL if this guy was infact going to be GM and now he just lost his job before he even started for being a dick xD

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I'll smack you irl if you say that again!

Maybe we need to arrange some kind of 'Freddys Fight Club" where disheartened players can meet up with likeminded DAOCers and leather the holy shite out of each other. It might be nice to settle those "castable stun is OP'd" vs "Warlocks are OP'd" debates in a more satisfying manner.

Only problem is whether the Alb players could bring themselves to leave the 1v1 fights alone :p

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
<munches popcorn>

damn, best and the most sad drama in the eu servers history? :p

it is however lovley how he thought that this info wouldnt be posted.. scary internet threats -.-

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Well i took some time to read what happened in the 2 threads that originated this one and i can only aggree that this fella did really cross the line.

Now i just want to point that both replys and posts of Brad and Raven on that thread are really bullshit. Really, you are suppose to be honourable and all that stuff and then throw insults on a "goodbye" thread?!
Javai may have been one of the Zerg leaders for Albion but in my memory she never "grief" the game or even the server. She can only charged to have played the game the way she wanted without being hypocrith (sp?!)
And that's for me is fairness and honourable, we may not share the same vision but she never lied about what she was.

You 2 guys need to check again what honour means and think twice before post crap. It's a forum, doesn't mean you have to insult everyone cause they actually are diferent from you.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
<munches popcorn>

damn, best and the most sad drama in the eu servers history? :p

it is however lovley how he thought that this info wouldnt be posted.. scary internet threats -.-

What that guy did was just plain stupid. Can't have this sort of job without imparitality, which he didn't and by the looks of it can never seem to have either. It's sad that an error of judgement has such a universal effect on character and procudure :s

Gamah

Banned
Now i just want to point that both replys and posts of Brad and Raven on that thread are really bullshit. Really, you are suppose to be honourable and all that stuff

What you on about? Ravens a ****.

Corran

Part of the furniture
A very serious lapse in judgement by this guy, but in all reality i think it is an idle threat, because anyone with the slightest bit of sense would never had made them comments. And with that mindset I wouldnt think he would have much chance of getting a position such as a community manager.

More to the point, if you are going to do a GM job then letting people know your ingame people is a massive mistake in its own right and most companies frown upon it. Infact on one the other servers a new GM had to delete all his characters after it got round who he was as he was so happy to get the position. Sure some people would know but you dont tell random people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom