should the cannot be traded to other players be removed from some items?

should the cannot be traded to other players be removed from some items?

• Yes

Votes: 76 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 36 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Girafmad

Fledgling Freddie
i personaly think the Cannot be traded to other players, thing for the most part is a stupid thing. i can see why it should be on an item like artifacts and maybe epic's. but on stuf like SI Quest neck (4x10% ressist) i dont get it. the only reason while that item would break is if you acsedently delete or drop it. there is NOWAY to get it back but reroll, and that kind of feels crappy to me.
so should the cannot be traded to other players be removed from some items?

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
You can get it back.

Goa News said:
Regarding lost objects :
- A new system has been set up in order to give you back a certain number of objects you may have lost. If you sell an object you care about, or if you destroy it, or if you drop it by mistake, you will be able to ask for it via the FAQ. Be aware that we won't be able to return more than 5 objects for each account and it is important that you warn us as soon as you lose the object. However, still watch your inventory because we won't be able to return all the objects. For instance, it is impossible to restore crafted items or randomly generated (ROG) items. In the same way, if you take too much time after you lose the object to make your claim, we won't be able to help you. These new possibilities will be available soon in the FAQ section.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Voted yes, its just a pain when your left over with quest items that your not using on your template and cant even put them in a house vault... Scrap the whole concept of 'cant be traded' imo.

Maybe stick up a 2nd confirm box for deletion or selling 'are you really really sure you wish to destroy/sell this quest item', would do it for me just so you cant accidentaly sell your necike of pwnage to a merchent.

Girafmad

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
You can get it back.

this is new to me, i desied to delete my theurg in the old system cause i destroyed the si neck on it... (remade my mind about porting to housing and bought another necklace, then thought i destroyed the housing neck, but it was the wrong one.. rightnowed it and the gms just said, "to bad for you then")

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
after some thought i agree (even though i voted no) for quest rewards and such, but not arti's and whatnot ofc, though it would be nice to duel wield malice (apart from the speeds)

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
atleast from the Epic armors...since i would like them to be traded to my alts so i dont have to make epics for them

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Take awya more reasons for DAoC to have PvE content, no thanks, its killed the game for new players as it is, questing and leveling shoudl be encorouaged, not made easier for "those who aleady have".

Girafmad

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Take awya more reasons for DAoC to have PvE content, no thanks, its killed the game for new players as it is, questing and leveling shoudl be encorouaged, not made easier for "those who aleady have".
ok, how about being able to redo those untradeable items so you can have more then one of em in case you destroy one?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Girafmad said:
ok, how about being able to redo those untradeable items so you can have more then one of em in case you destroy one?
Ask GOA, normally they are kind enough to reset quests, or you could have read the rest of the posts in this thread:

You can get it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa News
Regarding lost objects :
- A new system has been set up in order to give you back a certain number of objects you may have lost. If you sell an object you care about, or if you destroy it, or if you drop it by mistake, you will be able to ask for it via the FAQ. Be aware that we won't be able to return more than 5 objects for each account and it is important that you warn us as soon as you lose the object. However, still watch your inventory because we won't be able to return all the objects. For instance, it is impossible to restore crafted items or randomly generated (ROG) items. In the same way, if you take too much time after you lose the object to make your claim, we won't be able to help you. These new possibilities will be available soon in the FAQ section.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
if u could trade padirens necky u could give it to all your bg alts, cuz it still works at 70% dur.

not all the items have level restrictionson them, so the high resist items I guess were not intended for use on lower lvl toons.

eble

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
if u could trade padirens necky u could give it to all your bg alts, cuz it still works at 70% dur.

not all the items have level restrictionson them, so the high resist items I guess were not intended for use on lower lvl toons.

My necky has been sitting at 70% for years :D

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
eble said:
My necky has been sitting at 70% for years :D

you can return it to the NPC who gave it to you (N'Chever for albs), he gives you a new 100% con/dur etcetc neckie for it in return! :p (no costs)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
or you could have read the rest of the posts in this thread:

But this doesn't actually address his question now does it? I wish before people just gave flippant "read the posts moron" replies they actually gave it some thought.

Goa News said:
Regarding lost objects :
- A new system .... if you take too much time after you lose the object to make your claim, we won't be able to help you.

While it's certainly an improvement it doesn't help people that deleted ACN etc accidentally 2 years ago when they didn't know what they were doing. It's also much harder to reroll a 2-year old character than it is a new one, so it's them it's effecting more. I know if it was me, i'd be slightly miffed that I was being essentially disadvantaged from a mistake I made 2 years ago even if it was completely my fault. I don't think allowing people to at least re-do the quests to get the items back would be game-breaking. It would be easy to stop abuse by just checking if they already have the item before re-awarding it, and giving no exp the second time round (easy in principle, maybe not in the code I know). It's a solution that doesn't remove from the PvE/quest elements of the game, and keeps the idiots happy without effecting the rest of us at all.

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
old.Whoodoo said:

Totally agree, repped.

I am a RvR whore but i agree, things need to be in place to keep numbers up that need items from PvE,

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
trading artis .. noway
trading paidreans .. no again
trading epics .. no

the reason .. like what is said above, u gotta still have a small bit of roleplay left in the game.
and trading artis is by far a bad idea imo .. imagine a 2h SB in rvr these days with Battler mh, battler of, and 2h battler .. can use the charge way to much .. and it goes for more things than that tbh (just an example)
epic and paidreans are supposed to be unique so..just be lucky u can trade ebon hide bracer :D

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
totally agree that it shouldnt be taken out, imagine all those leet farmers out there farming unique items so their toons can be even more set for thid etc.

Keep it how it is imo

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
no i dont think it should be removed, i quite think the other way. i love the way WoW handles that thing. the most uber stuff is bind on pickup. but there's still good enough items thats bind on equip that can get sold for a bucketload of cash. so the farmers wont have any reason to cry about it.

Belgareth

Fledgling Freddie
I don't mind either way but what I do mind is initially making an item tradeable then 'x' patches later make it untradeable eg the SI necklace.

I gave mine to an alt pre-untrade patch and have been unable to run around with the highest util necklace ever since. This is a long time ago mind.

After patch I RightNowed it and was told they could not give it back to me even though I could prove both accounts were mine and girlfriend's. Fantastic.

Oh, they did reset the SI necky quest back for me ... Great I thought until I completed the first run with no necky drop and .. yep you guessed it could no longer get the quest after that.

My opinion of GoA customer service was somewhat dented after that...

Matt

Fledgling Freddie
Belgareth said:
I don't mind either way but what I do mind is initially making an item tradeable then 'x' patches later make it untradeable eg the SI necklace.

I gave mine to an alt pre-untrade patch and have been unable to run around with the highest util necklace ever since. This is a long time ago mind.

After patch I RightNowed it and was told they could not give it back to me even though I could prove both accounts were mine and girlfriend's. Fantastic.

Oh, they did reset the SI necky quest back for me ... Great I thought until I completed the first run with no necky drop and .. yep you guessed it could no longer get the quest after that.

My opinion of GoA customer service was somewhat dented after that...

I had a pretty similar experience, only with 2 characters on the same account. GOA also told me they couldn't trade 1 necky back to the original character because it was their policy not to do any such thing.

But due to the changes in their item restore policy, as was quoted in this thread, i thought i'd give it another shot. This was 2 days ago, and i got a RightNow response saying they gave back the necky to the char who was missing it. Hurrah for changes in policy !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom