Motoring should I.....

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Buy a bmw 116i es?

A mate is selling it, 4 owners, he's only had it 3 months. His missus is expecting twins, and they already have one kid, so they need a sensible car.

He wants around £6500, and insurance for me in Croydon would be high (around £1200).

Thoughts from previous one series owners?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Weird, that seems like a sensible family car to me :p

HAtchback and all, bmw security etc. Interesting choice for a single bloke to be sure, screams out "yes i do want to have my baby in your belly" ;)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm on my second 1 series and love it.

I'd normally say "go for it", but each BMW is so different in spec that they end up being quite different cars both in looks and mod cons.

The ES is one above the "absolute basic", followed by the SE, the Sport and then the M Sport. The ES is likely to be very basic indeed, so get a list of options on the car as this will affect it's value greatly (leather? climate control? heated seats? comfort pack? bigger alloys? interior dimming mirror? xenon headlights? parking sensors? CD changer? iPod prep? front centre armrest? through loading for skis? cruise control? multifunction steering wheel? - all optional extras that can add a few grand onto the price). Use that to haggle and even shop around. BMW can also tell you the spec if you phone them up and quote the reggy plate.

In my opinion, having driven a non-Sport, I absolutely hate the seats with a passion. They're non supportive, they're flat and if they're leather they're slidey and cold in in the winter.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
the 1M is the only true 1. all others are gay willy shrink machines tbh

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's a bit boring isn't it?

Far more interesting cars about for 6.5k

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's a bit boring isn't it?

Far more interesting cars about for 6.5k

Not that I can afford the running costs of, and I'm not after exciting, I'm after more luxurious and refined than a fiesta :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom