Should I quit EQ for DAOC?

R

Raktael

Well, right now I'm def. going for Mid on either server! Tending towards Ecal because it has more players really :(

D

Damon_D

NOOO!!!! pryd is the uber server , not so many dorks and noob's as EXcal :clap: :clap: :clap:

J

Jexa

Indeed Prydwen is better.

I'm sure "73|-| 1337" feel right at home on Excal, but if you're looking for a nicer time, go Pryd.

You had to go Middie anyway, your avatar is a funky kobie :p

O

old.Xarr

Well midgard on excalibur has alot of nice and cozy players so I won't talk you out of that. I'm a former eq player myself :)

R

Roalith

If you do decide to go Alb-pryd (Comes highly recommended :D) /send Roalith for some help - my crafting skills are such that I can outfit melee classes right up to their 20th level, so anything you need I'm sure I can help with ;)

C

Cowled

Called Midgård, but since u ppl can't make "å" :)... Midgard.

O

old.Lianuchta

If you want to join the sort of (formerly known as) underdog realm, join Hibernia on Prydwen. Who wants to be on the team that is already winning, or is living on its past glories...

D

Danya

Originally posted by Cowled
Called Midgård, but since u ppl can't make "å" :)... Midgard.
No, it's Midgard, the name is given by Mythic, not nordic mythology. It may be based upon nordic mythology, but it's Mythic's call as to how they spell realms in their game.

R

Raktael

Who wants to be on the team that is already winning, or is living on its past glories...

In one sense, ure very much right :) the thought of entering a realm which is already very powerful or such with uber peeps more so, is quite a downside really.

If you joined a realm not so high and mighty (hehe) then you would have more of a challenge on your hands to lvl up faster and be able to defend and attack for that realm :clap:

You had to go Middie anyway, your avatar is a funky kobie :p

Actually, now you mention it, it does look amazingly like a Kobold :) it's actually a Dark Elf or Thier'Dal :p but from now on, to the DAOC community, its a Kobie ;)

If you do decide to go Alb-pryd (Comes highly recommended :D) /send Roalith for some help - my crafting skills are such that I can outfit melee classes right up to their 20th level, so anything you need I'm sure I can help with ;)

Thanks! If I do indeed goto Pryd and choose Albion, I'll send ya a tell! But I'm still thinking of Midgard right now. Still don't know on a server :p

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Kladen
if you go for albion dont choose excalibur because they are half (its true) of the people on excalibur.

there's a share of them in prydwen...

there's some nice people on Excalibur... but I think albion/excalibur is the most popular for the l33t d00ds and the morons... but there is the wonderful /ignore :)

O

old.tuppe

well :)
allready when look these post, most of them, you see what realms are overpopulated ;)
exc/pryd has albs more numbers what mids/hibs.
excal maybe that half server population, in prydwen maybe close 40% is albs, 35% mids and rest hibs.
mids have been strong in beginning, albs days are now and hibs come soon, close end this month. (depend patch day).
but truely i never look these, instead enjoy game.

daoc euroserver page you can look realm war status from chronicles, there you see how many so called keeps one realm have, same whit relics.
that give one view of things, but situation change whit keeps daily, atleast in prydwen, dunno exca?

i suggest for you prydwen server and hib/mids side.
server is nice, mostly nice peeps, actionfull rvr and atleast alb/mid lately hibs too, organised raids against other realms.
lack of player is seen in xp, sometimes hard to get good group up for xp but in good guild, good friends, everything is possible.

midgard FRONTIER is snowy :) inside realm is lakes, vulcanic places, swamps etc etc.
http://koti.mbnet.fi/enykevas/
here you find some screenshots in different situation.
relicraids, lurikeen invasion :clap: really funny trip, and some xp situation.

well, have played in middie from beginning, tryed hibs and albs, but allways come back to midgard, maybe look more when main is 50.
wellcome and enjoy!
ps. if choose midgard, send message to me and we try solve problems what there is.

R

Raktael

:cool: thanks man, I'm getting a load of help here, really aprreciate it. Rock on:clap:

L

logan6

ok, my opinion:

Hibernia: Fine classes and a nice community. They always tend to be the least populated realm. Like some persons above said, it has an unfinished feel, it lacks some of the detail the other realms have.
They have a far way to the main RvR Area (Emain).
Available Classes: Hero (standard Tank with the ability to transform to a "herne, the hunter" like figure), Champion (Tank-Caster Hybrid with a large array of debuff shouts and the overall best damage shout in the game, can use large weapons, one of the best weapon specs in the game) and Blademaster (considered the all around most gimped class in the game - but they are truly awesome to behold in a fight - very cool dual wield styles) as the Fighter classes.
The Magic users are: Eldritch (Caster class with 3 viable spec lines - but all are combat oriented), Enchanter (Pet class wich also has the dreaded PBAoE Spell) and the mentalist (the most versatile caster class in the game, can fill a lot of roles if needed, like mezzer, healer, nuker... can use pets to some extend and has the strongest DoT spells in the game)
The Rogue Classes consist of the Ranger (Archer with some magic self buffs and dual wield ability) and the nightshade (assassin with minor magic abilities, considered the worst of the three assassin types).
The Priest classes are Bard (Buffer/Healer with very nice endurance/speed/Mana songs, also the prime mezzer of Hib), Warden (healer/fighter hybrid with some chants, mostly self-buffing and the superb Bladeturn chant, that absorbs hits for your groupmates) and the Druid (main healer class, has also nice buffing abilities and can also get a dot, pet, root and other goodies by speccing wrong :))

Albion:
always tends to be the most crowded realm, very nice landscape, quite diverse too. Everything in albion is classical Roleplaying stuff, the equipment has classical names, and the classes are very D&D Like too.

Fighter Classes are: armsman (Classic Knight wich can spec in polearms and wears the tincan armor) Paladin (the rvr gimp :) but pve god... Aggro Magnet wich also wears tincan armor :)) and mercenary (like the blademaster, another dual wielding class wich is not too good, but not as bad as the gimpmaster. Sacrifices armor and large weapons for ummm... ?)
Magic classes are: Wizard (The nuker, comes in the earth, ice and fire flavours :)) Theurgist (Elemental summoning and very diverse. the earth theurg is the bladeturner, the other two are more nukey and have some crowd control means), the Cabalist (pet class, very nice for RvR, considered gimped by some, but is indeed a nice class. This is what is closest to a necromancer besides the spiritmaster of Midgard) and the sorcerer (prime mezzer of alb, the mindbender. Lots of crowd control and fine nuking spells too, large area debuffs.. fine class, totally underplayed and underrated)
The Rogues: Infiltrator (gets the most skill pts/level of all the classes. very fine class) Scout (Archer wich can spec in shields. those who do are truly RvR monsters) and the dreaded ministrel (Music class that is fun fun fun to play. Good at almost anything, can solo nicely and is a rvr beast. Groups love them too, for speed/mana songs and crowd control. Easily one of the best classes)
The Priests are the Cleric (prime healer with a nasty sting - namely the smiting ability. Some call him a wizard with chain armor :)) and the friar (fun class if you enjoy jacky chan mov(i)es. Healer/Tank combo that relies on evading to avoid getting hurt and dishes lots and lots of damage.

Midgard: My favourite realm considering the atmosphere. Its dark and depressing, and very close to the original norse structures and equipment. The Landscape ranges from tundra to snowy tundra :) with more or less rocky/wooden areas.
Fighter classes are the warrior (standard grunt, totally unflashy but effective) the Berzerker (dual wielding madman that can enter a frenzy and transform into a giant hamster, that is meant to be a half-bear. Dishes damage like nobodies business, but light armor only) the Thane (very cool fighter/caster hybrid, they follow thor. They have some area nukes, insta cast dd spells and are the most well known mez-breakers of midgard) and the skald (awesome class, fun and deadly. Tank/music hybrid with speed, insta mez, insta dd shouts and nice armor)
Casters are the Spiritmaster (PBAoE casting Pet class.. quite hard to get used to) and the runemaster (one of the best casters in the game, with a minor speedbuff, awesome boltspec, and bladeturn. Yes, you can get it all at once in the later levels :))
Rogues are the Shadowblade (they are a funny breed, executing backstabs with two handed axes :) very hard hitting assassins with buffed hit points) and the Hunter (Archer with pet and self buffs).
Priests are the Healer (human/dwarf main healing class, with a stunning (ha nice pun) array of crowd control spells but not a single offensive spell) and the shaman (troll/kobold healers with awesome buffing abilities and some damage/DoT Spells)

Bah, im talking to much.
All Realms are fine, any choice is viable except: Excalibur/Albion and Prydwen/Midgard :))
Id say Prydwen is the better server.

F

Flimgoblin

prydwen gets all the handmedown server kit tho ;)

Mercs apparently do lots of damage in exchange for their lack of defence...
they dual wield, much like the BMs

L

logan6

aye fingoniel, but they still dont do as much damage as a celtic spear hero or a polearmsman; they should, imo, but they just dont. I still love my merc, i enjoy playing classes that are underplayed.

O

old.Nikolas

Prdwen = More balanced realms

Prydwen is good in hibernia cos all the dungeons are never heavily camped and you get great xp and level fast.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by logan6
aye fingoniel, but they still dont do as much damage as a celtic spear hero or a polearmsman; they should, imo, but they just dont. I still love my merc, i enjoy playing classes that are underplayed.

next patch..

In PvE we do more damage because we can actually use the decent DW styles (the positionals/reactives)

it's less at once, but more over time :)

next patch we get 'flurry' which is an insta short range DD usable every 2m, only in RvR. .... basically gives us our frontload damage. (no delay on first hit so polearmsmen start ahead...)

That and earth buffs rock on mercs :)

L

logan6

damage adds truly rock on mercs :)

Aye, theres some love coming in our direction. And i think we badly need it. The light tanks of hibernia and albion are just not yet up to par with the berzerker. I really look forward to the charge ability. Right now, the term light tank does not refer to a higher mobility, just lighter armor and lighter weapons :)

And truly mercs, zerkers and Blademasters are a joy to watch in battle

Users who are viewing this thread