Should I quit EQ for DAOC?

R

Raktael

Ok, this is a difficult question for me to pose to you guys. I have played Everquest for the past 2 years (almost exactly 2 years!) and I have been looking at DAoC for the past few days, and I have to say, it not only looks stuning, but sounds it. Also I am british (hehe) and you can imagine playing on EQ, I have only met at least 4 other british people in the past 2 years.

I want to know if I should quit EQ and join you guys on DAOC, (may be able to play more with ppl who know what british meanings are, lol.)

Also Everquest has become boring, and the stuff going on over there, is annoying me (my mains a lvl 44 cleric) DAoC looks a lot of fun :)

Please! HELP ME, LOL.

D

deadparrot

Why not you get a free month with the £20 (think thats what I payed) boxed game.

Don't join midgard its an ugly place :) (too bright with all that snow too)

B

brommix

If you would enjoy war/fighting with and against other players then go Daoc, if the main thrills you get is to kill mobs and get loot then go EQ

O

old.logun

me and my brother played everquest for some time and last christmas we gave it all up for DAoC , best decision i ever made whole lot more british poeple play and barely any americans....YIPPEE!!!

N

Nishar Sunee

I played Ultima Online for 3 years, had 3 accounts, each with 4 uber chars, houses on each account, lots and lots of money.
I also played EQ for about a year (never really got to far), But i gave it all up and deleted my accounts to come play DAoC, it is a far superior game

R

Raktael

to be honest, the 'kill and looting' of EQ is boring me now!

The thought tho of getting up a character to a certain lvl so he can then help defend his realm against others is pretty cool

:D

O

old.logun

well me and others all hope you make the right decision :clap: :clap: :clap:

C

cHodAX

Personally I have never played EQ but what makes DAoC excel is the realm v's realm element. Some nights are just a pure adrenaline rush. The exp grind is a pain but it isn't as bad as many other games are there are ways to power level if you have a good guild and friends. I would do as the others have said and grab the retail version at £18 and use your 30 trial. After that you will know if it is for you. Have a play with the different realms and see which suits you.

This isn't an anti-mid post but I would go to Albion or Hibernia if I was in your shoes. Midgard is bleak beyond words, for 6 months I have been trying to level alts there but after 2 hours I get so depressed that I log right back in to my Albion chars. Hibernia is a nice realm but it is VERY dark green and there are lots of areas that are unfinished even a year after the game was released. They also have some very nice classes and I have started alts there but it isn't the realm for everyone. Albion is the most varied realm as it was the first realm made and they spent alot of time getting it right. Albion is played by alot of us Brits but there are a fair few tossers so make sure you are prepared to give it a chance and try group with some nice people or get into a good established guild which makes all the difference.

S

SilverHood

hehe, midgard is supposed to be bleak....

why do you think we spend all our spare time in emain?

Albion is nice, but overcrowded..... gave up on hibernia... can't compare to midgard or albion - it just feels unfinished

See here:

http://camelot.stratics.com/movies/Aladora.shtml

Download and watch the movie called "Dreams"

That should give you a littel clue

N

Nightchill

If you're going to play in Albion, do so on prydwen. For excalibur Midgard would seem to be the nicest place :D

R

Raktael

:clap:

Thanks guys! Well I get paid on the 20th (seems so far away :() so I'll be buying DAOC and trying it out for 30 days, see if I like it better than EQ (which is umm, most likely, lol).

I'm not gonna choose realms or anything yet ;)

When u say tossers...do you mean people like Karam_gruul who comes on here and gives speeches about EQ being better then saying hes been a UO vet for 3 1/2 years (WHY?!). Who should really act their age :rolleyes:

And b4 u start *yawns* I'm 18, hehe.

I appreciate the help from the repliers, hehe. :) Be lookin fwd to meetin ya all in game! And I'll be watching deese forums like a hawk :cool:

O

old.Kladen

if you go for albion dont choose excalibur because they are half (its true) of the people on excalibur.

O

old.tRoG

Albs Smell
Hibs are Cuddly Cute
Mids are 'Ard

Which Realm Would You Choose?

R

Raktael

hmmm...Hibs? HEHEHEHHE

I dunno, but if Albs r like half the population, I wud wanna b something different!

R

Raktael

LOL, I was joking :D

Yeah, Midguard looks cool anyways :cool:

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Raktael
LOL, I was joking :D

Trust me it's not :) You are British and we get enough rain and snow to last a life time. Last thing you want to do in November is log on to play in a frozen wasteland with 500 smelly woolybacks :D Come play Albion on Prydwen or go hug some trees with the nice friendly Hibbies.

O

old.tRoG

Trust me it's not You are British and we get enough rain and snow to last a life time.
Last thing you want to do in November is log on to play in a frozen wasteland with 500 smelly woolybacks

I'm from the North West of Scotland and I play Midgard... It's not depressing. Buy a Happy Lamp™

--I've been using caps a lot today. whats wrong with me? :)

S

Sarnat

Originally posted by Raktael

It's spelled Midgard. Nothing to do with guards. It's ancient swedish (or norwegian). Hard names for English people these svartalfar and isalfar (black elves and ice elves ;)... Only god knows how many times people have misspelled Midgard ;)

R

Raktael

oh hum, silly Rakky ;)

Actually, its not...Ok, yeah it always rains down here! LOL.

hehe, but MIDGARD 'looks' cool, hehe ;)

O

old.tRoG

ive never ever ever mis-spelled Midgard - but im always misspelling the svarts and isalfs :)

and don't even try and remember the Midgard armour types.. hmm, pansjerka? starkaskodd? i think that's two of them...

R

Riddler

Originally posted by old.tRoG
ive never ever ever mis-spelled Midgard - but im always misspelling the svarts and isalfs :)

and don't even try and remember the Midgard armour types.. hmm, pansjerka? starkaskodd? i think that's two of them...

actually its pretty easy when u live in countries where u _know_ how to pronounce these "words" :p

pansarkedja, svarkedja, starkakedja :clap:

but yeah, i cant deny midgard is teh uber

;)

R

Riddler

and oh, u might know of these links already but they can be very helpful if u dont have em already :)

http://copland.udel.edu/~trevor/camelot/ - Classes of Camelot (very nice site with a nice character planner and spelllists etcetcetc)

http://daoc.catacombs.com/ - DAoC Catacombs (lot of nice maps, also has char builder)

http://camelot.warcry.com/ - Warcry (teh site when it comes to questspoilers :p)

next links u probably wont need for some time yet but still ok links ;)

http://www.guardiansofvalor.com/various/RealmRanks.html - Detailed RealmRank listing

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/Maps/cn_hib_frontier.jpg - Hibernia Frontier

http://www.spudgie.btinternet.co.uk/alb_frontier.jpg - Albion Frontier

http://www.spudgie.btinternet.co.uk/frontier_overview_mid.jpg - Midgard Frontier

well, thats about all links i can rack up for now :p hope they help :)

Y

-yoda-

midgard sux :p

i recomend u either oin alb/prydwyn or hib/excal .
dont join mid though or you'll regret it :p

R

Raktael

thanks riddler! I'd visited a few of em, but didnt know was dat many! hehe.

Yoda, i'm scared ;) lol. :) I'm still thinking! (bit def. not Alb on Exc.)

R

Riddler

mid/excal or hib/excal, definately(sp?) ;)

prydwen is ok, but lacking players so less action imo

O

old.logun

PRYDWEN/MIDGARD!!!!! beat up those annoying albs and weak hibs MUHAHAHA!! *cough* your choice *cough*
:clap: mid :clap: mid :clap: mid :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread