should i go to hospital or not?!?!

Should i or should i not go to hospital?

• YES your arm is going to fall off!!

Votes: 36 72.0%
  • NO! stop being a baby and eat the pain!

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Do i look like i care?!!?!

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ormorof

FH is my second home
ok, i fell off my bike two weeks ago and sprained my wrist, or so i thought, now two weeks on most of my wrist is fine apart from the top of it (the bit with the thumb) which gives me a deep pain whenever i use my thumb or move my hand upwards...

after discussing this with a housemate who has broken far more obscure bones than i she recommended i go get it checked out in hospital, but being abit of a cynic im not really sure if i should... so lets have a vote!

should i or should i not go to hospital?

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Ofc you should. You can't lose much if you go tbh. besides time & money.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well i'm gonna answer with "do i look like i care".

Just 'cause i love the vaguenes of it.

I'll tell ya a story.

Fell down on an icy patch, still love ice, chest first. RAther painful for few days, thought "ofcourse it will". Went to doctor on the third day of pain(which is the rule). He crushed my ribs and said "Ah, it's a hair fracture. Go to work and ladidaa here's some happy pills"

Week later. Hurts. More pills.

Two weeks later. Huuurts. Go see my own doctor and the workplace duck. Ah let's do some radiology! Weee! *strips naked*

"No sir...just the upper half..."

Yes mam! Now. REsults come back and i DID have a fractured rib, no hairfracture, clean and full on break on my 5th rib. Now there's a lump on the healed part 'cause it wasn't checked properly the first time and i get somewhat pain each morning or when i use my chest too much(like in lifting heavy stuff).

So stay home with your wrist, who needs a hand anyway :)

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Have a friend who fell off his motorbike and broke a wrist without knowing this it set itself and everything in the wrong place, when he eventually went to hospital like 4 months later they had to re-break it and shit... didnt sound like it would be pleasant :(

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
You should see your GP first (if this is in UK). It will save you having to wait in A&E as if you do need the hospital you'll get an appointment,

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Javai said:
You should see your GP first (if this is in UK). It will save you having to wait in A&E as if you do need the hospital you'll get an appointment,

my GP doesnt open on a sunday though :p

and ive got labs all day tommorow next time ill be able to go will be wednesday :p

unless i go to hospital today which seems more likely with these horror stories, a housemate just came in and showed me her wrist, she didnt go to hospital and it set badly, they didnt rebreak it but she now has a weird lump in it o_O

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
my GP doesnt open on a sunday though :p

and ive got labs all day tommorow next time ill be able to go will be wednesday :p

Well I assumed if it's taken 2 weeks one more day wasn't going to hurt :)

And depending where you live A&E on a weekend is a complete nightmare - expect to wait a VERY long time especially if you aren't actually bleeding on the floor :p

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
A girl I know did the same thing, & didn't go to have it checked. 2 weeks later she tripped over a step & since then she has various pieces of metal holding her wrist together & can't really use that hand for anything useful any more.

But then, who needs hands really :D

Cozak said:
Have a friend who fell off his motorbike and broke a wrist without knowing this it set itself and everything in the wrong place, when he eventually went to hospital like 4 months later they had to re-break it and shit... didnt sound like it would be pleasant :(

Similar thing happened to me, but it was my little finger! ._. Healed wrong so had to get an operation... on a little finger..

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Javai said:
Well I assumed if it's taken 2 weeks one more day wasn't going to hurt :)

And depending where you live A&E on a weekend is a complete nightmare - expect to wait a VERY long time especially if you aren't actually bleeding on the floor :p

im in hull so a&e is a nightmare whatever day you go unless its at like 4am

i do see your point though its just the idea of wandering around with a potentially damaged wrist kinda freaks me out, even though ive unwittingly been doing it for two weeks :p

most annoying thing being its my left wrist and im left handed :/

Weever

Banned
Ormorof said:
ok, i fell off my bike two weeks ago and sprained my wrist, or so i thought, now two weeks on most of my wrist is fine apart from the top of it (the bit with the thumb) which gives me a deep pain whenever i use my thumb or move my hand upwards...

after discussing this with a housemate who has broken far more obscure bones than i she recommended i go get it checked out in hospital, but being abit of a cynic im not really sure if i should... so lets have a vote!

should i or should i not go to hospital?
imo u shud go, put it this way, in the summer holidays about 2/3 years ago i thought id sprained my wrist after clumsily punching an arcade machine (LOL), my hand went numb for about 30 mins, also it was limp and i cudnt move it at first, then it went purple (wen i let it hang in the normal position), my whole family were telling me to go to the hospital but i insisted that it was just a bad sprain.
about 3 weeks after getting home from holiday i cud move it, but.. only a certain distance compared to how much i cud move it prior to the accident, also it gave quite a painful, sharp pain to the side of my wrist. after waiting a total of 9 weeks my mum finally tricked me into going to the doctors (thought i was going to see my nan >< ) where they sent me straight to the hospital, there they x-ray'd my wrist and told me id broken my scapoid (sp?) which is a ribbon shaped bone in the wrist..
now i can move my wrist but because i left it so long it crunches and i cant bend it back as far as i could b4 breaking it, oh and also i had to spend like about 5 months in a cast because it was healing so slowly because id left it.
sooo conclusion, get ur arse to the hospital :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
meh i may head off soon gah i hate hospitals :p

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
check it out you tit, spending 6 hours in A & E isnt fun but its the rest of your life and your health that may suffer, stop benig a pussy and take a book.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Go and see your GP tomorrow - depending on what time you're working tomorrow you should be able to get an 8am or 6pm appointment, or take time off work to go to the doctor's.

If you go to A&E the chances are that they will tell you go to visit your GP anyway. Also any drugs that they would prescribe are likely to have to be prescribed by a GP rather than dispensed by the hospital as they are changing the way hospitals dispense medicines.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
got it checked, xray didnt show anything but apparently it doesnt for a fractured scathoid until about 3-4 weeks after the fracture o_O

got an appointment tommorow in the fracture clinic for more tests, bah missing labs but i guess ive got a doctors note as an excuse :p

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
time and again people rely on us random misfits of society.

WHY?!!!!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
tris- said:
time and again people rely on us random misfits of society.

WHY?!!!!

because a vote should be taken on everything! regardless of whether you intend to follow popular opinion :p

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
because a vote should be taken on everything! regardless of whether you intend to follow popular opinion :p

its the freddyhouse way.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:

you still have to wait for fuck ever... i would go to the hospital as soon as you wake up... make yourself some breakfast to eat on the way there, and some sandwich's(it wouldn't suprise me if you take all day waiting to get seen)(hospital food is teh sux) take the day off, you wont be going in:p

that or if you cba with waiting times, jump off the your house roof, but make sure someone see's you, and calls the ambulance(aslong as you dont live in a flat, and absorb the jump well, you can act serverly damaged for a while then you'll only be out for an hour:p)

actully scrap that, you would be put in a waiting room to get an x-ray anyway... goto the gp, see how serious he thinks it is, and if its worth going hospital

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Go check the hospital, ive done the mistake 2 times when i broke my ankle(s). better check it if its something serious or not :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
longest its taken me to be seen in A&E is about 20 mins.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
well it took me three hours yesterday and was in hospital for about two hours today o_O

i now have this annoying cast on my arm :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol remember when i had that break in, i ran to see what was happening and hit my foot on some weights and i dont even remember it though bf said he did hear a loud thunk, paramedics came and looked at it while police were swarming over our house and said its prolly just bashed not to worry but they could take me to a and e if i want...

now for those of you who know me youll know i spent so much time in a and e im a bit sick of it so i said no ta if you think its ok ill leave it, this was in august. the following week i thought hmm doesnt seem to badly bruised but then it wouldnt have shown because it was my whole foot that was black lol ( was like the frost bitten foot off Mr Deeds) and it was tender for ages but still i couldnt face going to a and e, any hoo three months later i still have a black mark on my foot where i hit it but my foot didnt fall off...

personally if i could do it again i'd go to a and e because it could have been a whole lot worse.

hope your hand feels better soon matey :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
OohhoO said:
But then, who needs hands really :D

jugglers
mimes
glove models
single people (as stated above)
traffic police
boxers
puppeteers
nose pickers
arse scratchers
silver service waiters
sniper marksmen
people who wear shoes with laces
anyone who lives in a compound where fingerprint ID is necessary to gain entry
people who say "talk to the hand" tbh be a bit lame if they said that then brandished a stump imo
audience members in a studio where a sign flashes that says "applause now"
monkeys
some one who asks "can you give me a hand" obviously needs at least one
professional hand jive dancers
basically hands are an important part of live for your average everyday wanker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom