Shotgun

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I bought a new shotgun, finally gone over to the two barrel club. Not done too bad so far ...

28.2.16.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
On the second pic, what's that black circle thing for behind the trigger?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Yes that's the safety catch. It's fitted with a left hand one because, well, I'm left handed :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Oh, I thought you meant the thing further back.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
an over 'n under? are you some kind of terrorist? ;-)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I really like the safety on my air rifle (year just an air rifle!) its within the trigger guard, like a second trigger so no sideways movement when you take it off.

Hoping to get a shotgun license at some point. Just got to talk the wife into allowing one in the house.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I really like the safety on my air rifle (year just an air rifle!) its within the trigger guard, like a second trigger so no sideways movement when you take it off.

Hoping to get a shotgun license at some point. Just got to talk the wife into allowing one in the house.

Most semi-auto / pumps have a cross safety like that, except Mossbergs which are on the top of the receiver, a bit like they are on over / unders. I have an air rifle, a Weihrauch HW90K, which I shoot occasionally. I've had one since I was 12, so it would be wrong not to have one in the house, somehow :) I also have a Remington 11-87 semi auto, though oddly no photos, despite having owned it for a couple of years.

Dscf0714.jpg

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I bought a new shotgun, finally gone over to the two barrel club. Not done too bad so far ...

View attachment 31780

Nice, but the barrels appear to be 90 degrees out...

For the first time in my life there are no projectile weapons in the house in which I live. I didn't have to, as they allow them properly stored, but I decided to move mine out as we're now foster carer's. My Mum's neighbour is holding my 12 bore for me as he is a cert holder, my air rifle is locked away in a cabinet at my Mums.

I think the local woodie population has worked this out though as there were about 50 birds on my field yesterday morning :(

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Nice, but the barrels appear to be 90 degrees out...

For the first time in my life there are no projectile weapons in the house in which I live. I didn't have to, as they allow them properly stored, but I decided to move mine out as we're now foster carer's. My Mum's neighbour is holding my 12 bore for me as he is a cert holder, my air rifle is locked away in a cabinet at my Mums.

I think the local woodie population has worked this out though as there were about 50 birds on my field yesterday morning :(
You should talk to @Trem he's known for solving all kinds of bird related problems. In fact I'm pretty sure he was banging on about them again on Social Media recently.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
It's only a problem in that they are mocking my lack of weaponry. It's just a meadow which the chickens tool around in, they're not destroying anything, they're just hopping around in there looking yummy.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad

"Hey hun, so I was thinking of taking you shoe shopping, and whilst you're getting a new pair of pumps, sandals and some killer stilletos, I'll be over in the gun shop getting a firearm, more precisely a fucking two gauge shotgun with enough rounds to last me a life time. How does that sound?"

100% sure she'll jump straight up and run to the car, because she stopped listening at shoe shopping. This theory is bullet proof*!

*get it? Bullet proof...?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I know, and it only made my already terrible pun worse :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The belt of ammo, where does it wrap around on you??? .......

That one goes around your waist, it's only for decoying pigeons and stuff, you wouldn't wear it for clays, jolly bad form old boy :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I wish there was a noideawhatyouronabout smiley :)

ha! sorry mate, it's a quote from a book. bunch of guys sitting round a fire discussing shotties. only one uses an 'over and under' and the rest are traditionalist. they 'look at him like he's some kind of terrorist'. well ment chum, well ment :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Throd, do you know anything about night vision?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Throd, do you know anything about night vision?

Other than it being available, and not as expensive as it used to be, no not really sorry. It's not something you would use with a shotgun (the recoil would probably break it) and it is something you would use almost certainly for killing stuff, and that's not really my thing. I only kill things if in my opinion it has to be done, i.e. rats in the garden (got one Sunday with a pistol, awesome shot too lol ) crop protection etc.

I know people who use it on air rifles and rimfires for rabbits, it's affordable I think.

Photon XT - Yukon Digital Night Vison Scope

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Nah less from a gun perspective and more from a hun perspective, ok cheers dude.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Hunting Germans?!

Not very PC...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom