+Shield

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
OK i HAVE tried searching on this subject but...

So, +shield.. how important is it? I currently have +11 (with items, coz me low RR :p)on my lvl 50 S/S pally but was debating dropping this a little +5 etc..

Now can i do this with little to no effect, or should i always really be keeping that as high as possible? Tar!

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
High as possible really. Preferably capped (+11). Especially on a Paladin :)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Ashandar said:
AH ok cheer m8.
I'll stay as i am :D

You'd better or i'm going to hunt you down, beat you up and steal your lunch money :p

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Base chanse to block for a class that can spec in shield is 25% then shieldspec adds 0.5% per level. Then your dex modifies this number, as well as the relative level of you and your attacker.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
i read on a defence spec paladin guild that AF also effects block (and perry) and so Dex effects it by increasing AF?

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
AF doesnt do anything to block and parry, Dexterity does tho...

And +1 shield gives you 0.5% more chance to block, but I think it has diminishing results after 50...Always go for capped + shield tho and get some Mastery of Blocking (at least MOB II, its cheap and gives you 6% more chance to block), cause you can never block enough ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
whats the most effective shild skill u can get? saying im a warrior with max +shield and MoB5? :)

heard someone say 110 in shield??? :eek7:

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
50 Shield
11 Items
10 Realmrank (RR11)
30 RA's (5 times 6)
101 Total

That's it I think... been a while I played.

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
they dont but each level in mob id 3% chance, which is effectively 6 lvls in shield

My 50 S/S pala has 50 shield +11 (items) +2 (RR3) + 12 (MoB II) effective 75 shield

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
i read on a defence spec paladin guild that AF also effects block (and perry) and so Dex effects it by increasing AF?
That doesn't even make sense.
Dex affects block. AF affects how much you get hit for. Block is not affected by AF, nor is AF affected by dex.

Also base chance to block arrows is 30%.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
How come they dont count? My thane has 42+11+3?(RR)+MoB4 = 80 or something... each spec in MoB gives you 6 shield why shouldnt it add to the skill, it makes you block more. If as your claiming 71shield is the max you can get then what is the point in speccing MoB higher as people do.

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
i got forced by max to explain so here i go

dex affects shield ws, the higher dex the higher ws -> affects block rate for guard, personal defense is mix of both shield ws and weapon ws (but thats not proven 100% yet, but can find logic there)

shieldskill adds to your blockrate, each skillpoint is 0.5% so 50shield = 25%
any +shield increases your blockrate by the same amount, 0.5% per skillincrease, so +11 = 11*0.5%
mob adds 3% per lvl, meaning 6*0.5% meaning 6shieldskill so mob5 gives u extra 30shield

pretty much everything that affects it, for guard that is, for personal defense other factors come in place, such as ws of weapon and the ws of your opponent, for guard its shield ws vs opponent ws( logic aswell since u'll have easy time blocking for someone if target is rs= 50% ws only but may be hard when ws of opponent is higher then your shield ws)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom