She broke my heart and nicked my rental :(

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
...but it was worth it!

Well I had a Cayman-S for a day, and by christ what a fucking amazing car, I absolutely loved it. I can't fault it in any way for a two seater sports car (apart from maybe, space or something). The handling was just sublime, the acceleration was about the same as what my M roadster was like, but a lot better delivered and controlled through massive amounts of grip. It's not massively powerful (295 bhp from a 3.4 6 cylinder boxer), still incredibly rapid, but it's the control of that power that was impressive. It was a total head turner, allowed me to bypass a large queue of people at Tiger Lily in Edinburgh. Quite sad and shallow, but that says something about how retarded Edinburgh doormen are.

If however, another Mondeo driver says "ahh, but if you buy that it means you can't afford a 911" like every other parrot cum Clarkson bum-bandit wannabe that doesn't know what they're talking about; i'm going to stab them in the eyes.

Here are some pics:

cayman1.jpg

cayman2.jpg

cayman3.jpg

cayman4.jpg

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Oh my it has red brake callipers (?), that way people know it can slow down too!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i wonder wtf kinda jobs some of you guys have tbh :)

old.user4556

oh, and the noise is made, jesus christ

I'm torn - V8 burble, or 6 cylinder snort. It was deffo up there with a CSL.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Lucky you, well, "lucky", but it's one of those things you HAVE to do in your life. If you like cars.

Love the cayman, but only thing i rather dislike is the headlights. But those can be fixed with a bit of modding :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What a lovely car. IIRC this was a free day's demo given to you by a local dealer G?

Oh and all the people who say 'poor mans X', you only have to ask them what they drive, or where they live. Does the fact that they live in a particular house mean they've bought a poor man's mansion? They're usually wankers.

*continues paying off debts to clear room for next TVR*

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Nice car :) Cant believe you had that photo taken with you at the wheel mind :)

Anyway, V6 ftw (Im biased :) )

Fweddy

FH is my second home
It looks purdy. I failed my driving test for the second time today though, so it'll be a while yet before I get one :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Well I'd certainly have one, "poor man's 911" or not. I actually prefer the Boxster's looks, but the Cayman's supposed to be the better drive. Of course it might be an idea for me to get a job before I start thinking about stuff like this :)

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
What do you normally drive ?

Oh that spoiler say's i've got a small penis. Really wtf does it do ?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It looks stunning in that first pic but I just plain don't like it from the side. :(

old.user4556

What do you normally drive ?

Oh that spoiler say's i've got a small penis. Really wtf does it do ?

The spoiler goes up above a certain speed for rear end stability, which you do need. However you can override it. I left it up.

I drive a BMW.

old.user4556

IIRC this was a free day's demo given to you by a local dealer G?

Yeah Tom, they sent me a letter offering it, and I thought "why the hell not?!". ;)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Lovely looking car and the pic of you in it just reminds me of Summo :D

I honestly prefer V6 sound over V8, V8 just seems too fat....if you know what I mean. I drive a V5 Bora and fuck knows what that sounds like.

Kryten

Old Cow.
I don't like them. Never have, never will. Just the whole "porsche" brand pisses me off a little. But everyone's different.

Of course it doesn't mean I'd turn my nose up at driving one round for a day either. Would love the opportunity to drive around in a few of those machines like that.
However handling wise, I've been round Silverstone in an Exige.
MmmMmmmmmmmm.....

DaGaffer

I honestly prefer V6 sound over V8, V8 just seems too fat....if you know what I mean. I drive a V5 Bora and fuck knows what that sounds like.

It's not a V6, its a flat 6, which is why it sounds the way it does. V6's can sound like anything from sublime (any Alfa V6), to anodyne (any VW group V6). Personally I prefer a good straight six; the engine in my 330Ci wasn't as powerful as the V6 in my 350Z but it was much nicer; smoother and sounded better.

Trem

I had a 3.0 Alfa and that gave me wood everytime I drove it, easily the nicest looking engine I have ever seen as well. I have had a couple of Alfa's and even the 1.7 I had sounded sexual. Don't get me started on the heartache that is owning a Lancia Intergrale though, that left me a broken man :(

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'd have an Integrale over a Cayman though. I know they aren't relly competitors, but I'd take the passion and history of a Grale over the moderate tedium of a Cayman. I'd have the new M Coupé with a set of CSL wheels over them both however.

Trem

Own one for a week Bods and I guarantee you would change your mind. I couldn't go anywhere without it exploding.

It was a bloody handsome car though -

grale.JPG

DaGaffer

I'd have an Integrale over a Cayman though. I know they aren't relly competitors, but I'd take the passion and history of a Grale over the moderate tedium of a Cayman. I'd have the new M Coupé with a set of CSL wheels over them both however.

Italian cars are best admired from afar sadly. I have to admit that the idea of a Fiat 500 Abarth has a certain appeal though. Do you mean Z4 M coupe or M3? The M3 looks good but the Z4 coupe is a bit shit tbh.

Bodhi

I have an Italian car at the moment. It's sitting outside my flat immovable with a knackered clutch, and I'm currently getting 2 buses to work. The sad thing is, the masochist in me would have an Italian car again in a flash, although probably after something more reliable. I'm looking at an old 5-series for my next car, you can get mint E34 535i's for under a grand. Keep a grand in the bank in case it goes wrong, you're dad's brother is called Robert. I've also seen a mint 1989 750i Sport for £4k. If only.....

Oh and in response to your question, I actually meant the Z4M Coupe, although the M3 IS a class above that. Something about that straight-six in the Z4M though.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You'll not get a mint E34 for under a grand. No chance. One in reasonable condition yes, but mint - no way. And a 750i is going to be very expensive to fix if 'owt goes on it....

You've been salivating over the bargain barges thread too much Bodhi :)

Bodhi

There was a lovely G reg 535i on that thread advertised for £800. If I wasn't locked into a finance agreement on my Punto I would have bought it in a flash.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
A flash is what would have happened to your savings when the first thing went wrong, like the suspension, or the exhaust :)

Big old expensive cars are beguiling, I look at them all the time (and I already have one), but they were expensive for a reason :)

If you really want to go mad you should buy a W140 S600 - that'll turn your hair white when the coil packs go...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom