Shammy question.

P

petrolbomb

Im coming over to Mid soon and Im thinking of rolling a shammy but im pretty ignorant on specs, As far as Im aware youve got 4 lines Hammer, dots, heals and buffs - is that about right and if I want a dotter do I instantly become group unfriendly or are there enough juicy base buffs that Ill still get groups?

Any info much appreciated.

V

Vim

The most common RvR spec is 37 Aug (Yellow DEX/QUI) 39 Cave (Yellow AE Root). You will have End4, and with Long Wind 1 your group can permasprint.

Dunno about exping. Probably raise Aug until it's where you want it so groups like you. But if you are ever going to RvR, you basically gotta have at least 32 Aug for Endurance 4 or nobody wants you.

C

Cami

My shaman is specced 38aug 37cave and 9mending (no, shamans cannot spec hammer :( ) It gives end4 which is needed in todays warfare, and i still get of a fairly decent ae-dot, the 2nd best to be precise.

I used to be 46 cave until i hit rr5, but i was missing out on stuff like resist buffs and a decent end regen. The keep defence and other stuff, is awesome. For any solo shaman i'd recommend 46 cave, where you get the final ae dot. For group spec i'd go with the one i have now. I get end4, i get 3 yellow resist buffs, i get decent cc and my dot can still kill people.

Some people might argue to spec 37aug 39cave to get the level 39 ae root. But if you do that, you miss out on things like cure dissease, cure poison and the 2nd to last matter resist buff. And with the 3rd best ae root is level 31, i dont really feel it sticks less than with roots from other shamans.

At the moment im RR7 and rising, dont think i'd ever choose another spec. Im groupfriendly, with a touch of "evil cave shammy". :)

O

old.Hardbein

37aug/39cave is deffo the best RvR-spec

For a PvE-spec i would cut down on the cave and have more mending. The shaman Friggs/End/Buffs r very nice for PvE ;)

O

old.Hardbein

Originally posted by Cami
Some people might argue to spec 37aug 39cave to get the level 39 ae root. But if you do that, you miss out on things like cure dissease, cure poison and the 2nd to last matter resist buff. And with the 3rd best ae root is level 31, i dont really feel it sticks less than with roots from other shamans.

Sure camz its a nice spec but 38 aug and yellow-matter resists. What kind of matter damage spells exist in this game atm? -> Hardly any. 39 cave gives longer duration root and is nicer against High-det tanks. The cure dis/poisen becomes obsolette with "normally" 2-3 other healing classes in grp with those same spells avail. The shaman has A LOT of other tasks during combat then casting CD/CP on ppl ;)

No offence Camz just posting my points of view in the discussion ;)

C

Cami

Originally posted by old.Hardbein
Sure camz its a nice spec but 38 aug and yellow-matter resists. What kind of matter damage spells exist in this game atm? -> Hardly any. 39 cave gives longer duration root and is nicer against High-det tanks. The cure dis/poisen becomes obsolette with "normally" 2-3 other healing classes in grp with those same spells avail. The shaman has A LOT of other tasks during combat then casting CD/CP on ppl ;)

No offence Camz just posting my points of view in the discussion ;)

Im not saying i cast CD/CP in combat :p

The spec i have gives you a more allround effect, you can actually be used in pve aswell. Even tho i havent done that yet :eek:

I find the pros with my spec better than the pros with 39 cave. mainly because an ae-root lasting 2 sec (?) longer on det4-5 tanks :p

P

petrolbomb

How about 41 cave 35 aug - is that gimped?

It gives the last bolt and dd...

Ta for the ideas so far guys

A

Apathy

Just dinged 36. Spec is 27 cave, 20 aug, 11 mend.

Will be going 37 cave, 37 aug, 13 mend.

37 cave - 2nd best PB disease (which I see as the most important spell to get), 2nd best dd/bolt/aedot mostly for lvling up and doing some damage/interrupts/keepfarms, 3rd best AE root for interrupts, no variance on base dot,

37 aug - yellow spec buffs (mostly for self if soloing and if in a group with no BB), 16% cold/heat and 8% matter (matter not that important), 4th end regen,

13 mend - for PvE to help lvling/groups a little. Would have liked the 30% rez but not at the cost of yellow spec dex or L37 pb disease.

Soloing yellows/oranges is piss easy just now. :)

a.

O

old.Hardbein

Originally posted by petrolbomb
How about 41 cave 35 aug - is that gimped?

It gives the last bolt and dd...

Ta for the ideas so far guys

imo Shaman is a support class....not an offencive damage dealer. So bolt and DD is not worth specing for imo. And they drain pow like hell....let current damage dealers do the killing (tanks, PB-SM's).

Shaman is a backup CC'er, main Dis'er (ofc) and an interupter. +End-bot. Thats the main purposes of the shaman how I see it atm.

GL with ur shaman and I hope u spec it the way u like, just posting some ideas on how to make a spec wich will "do the job" - RvR wise :)

Ohh and btw...shaman is damn fun to play in RvR also - if played right. Take a look at this movie to see High-End RvR from a shamans point of view "Save target as"

M

mavericky

I've not played my shammy in RvR for a long time as convested him to a buff bot, but my second shammy is almost 50 now.
Just one question, Does disease still break mezz? ( I guess yes, but wanted to conformation)

also what RA's are you guys going/gone for?

F

funkdocta

omg that movie is class :) /me goes and rolls cave shammy

bring back the mafia i say! just another of our top notch guilds that dissapeared. :(

O

old.mattshanes

37 aug 39 cave 4 mend for sure if you planning to rvr a lot although 41 cave can be effective too.

S

si1verwolf

Ebeneezergoode is 46 Cave, 7 mend (cures disease and poison), and 27 aug. It's the only spec that proves you're not a sad little buffbot. Its is superb for keep attacks, pretty damn good for defences, perfect for a PBAoE group etc. In my opinion, if you want to heal, roll a healer... and if you want uber buffs get one of the 1000 buff bots specced in pure AUG to buff you! (you sensing I don't like bb's? :) )

And I disagree with some of the points made above. I'm realm reank 3L5 and I have Ichor (a MUST have RA), and Wild Arcana 2 (extra chances of critical DoT). Casting AoE DoT and Disease will upset the enemy and gather in RPs for your group like nothing else in Midgard! I have to say it is one of the most fun classes I've played.

Just don't carry a small shield around in RvR, because you will be the enemy's first target!

Good luck... and I hope this mixture of advice doesn't put you off! :p

O

old.Bubble

the only spec that proves you're not a sad little buffbot >>>>

lol!
funny man :)

So end regen isn't something you use while RvRing?

M

Melachi-

Originally posted by si1verwolf
Ebeneezergoode is 46 Cave, 7 mend (cures disease and poison), and 27 aug. It's the only spec that proves you're not a sad little buffbot. Its is superb for keep attacks, pretty damn good for defences, perfect for a PBAoE group etc. In my opinion, if you want to heal, roll a healer... and if you want uber buffs get one of the 1000 buff bots specced in pure AUG to buff you! (you sensing I don't like bb's? :) )

And I disagree with some of the points made above. I'm realm reank 3L5 and I have Ichor (a MUST have RA), and Wild Arcana 2 (extra chances of critical DoT). Casting AoE DoT and Disease will upset the enemy and gather in RPs for your group like nothing else in Midgard! I have to say it is one of the most fun classes I've played.

Just don't carry a small shield around in RvR, because you will be the enemy's first target!

Good luck... and I hope this mixture of advice doesn't put you off! :p

Silver while i share your dislike for buffbots, I have to say going 37/38aug is not really being a buffbot, its mainly for end regen the resist buffs and the yellow con spec buffs are great for when soloing :)

C

Cami

Originally posted by si1verwolf
Ebeneezergoode is 46 Cave, 7 mend (cures disease and poison), and 27 aug. It's the only spec that proves you're not a sad little buffbot.

Sorry, still laughing :)

Anyway, that spec would be perfect for soloing/keep takes/defences, but thats about it :p

M

Marcus75

I'm laughing too...

dot.jpg

...with my 46cave 17mend 22aug spec...even tho I can understand the utility of other ideas I find my spec mad fun when occasions such as the one on the picture happen. :D :cool:

And that isnt one of my best ones.

C

Cami

as i said, keep defence/attack. And i've had those numbers too - been 46 cave myself. Im just saying one with higher aug will be better for group rvr.

S

si1verwolf

Originally posted by Cami
as i said, keep defence/attack. And i've had those numbers too - been 46 cave myself. Im just saying one with higher aug will be better for group rvr.

By group RvR I hope you don't mean Gank Squads? ;)

But yes, a higher end buff and top notch shammie resist is good for a group of course, but the point I was making was that these days players tend to have their own BB's tucked away at the PK (no matter what realm you play!).

So realistically all you truely miss from having Ebeneezergoode or Bluerock in your RvR non-keep take/defence group is lower end and 3 lower resists. But in return you get a shaman armed to his granite teeth with area effects damage over time and disease. I hope you see the point I was trying to make, even if you think it is misguided.

V

voth

But when we run around in Odin's with Cami in group we don't have to run all the way back to Svasud or whereever you chose to park the bot if one or 2 of the groupmembers die. Yellow buffs are still good enough for most people.

Z

Zorin-

I am rr4 something and have Ichor, purge, mcl, aug acui 3 and going for some master of the art now for better casting speed.
those RA's and maybe IP is the most important ones for a shaman in my eyes.

O

old.Hardbein

Originally posted by Marcus75
I'm laughing too...

...with my 46cave 17mend 22aug spec...even tho I can understand the utility of other ideas I find my spec mad fun when occasions such as the one on the picture happen. :D :cool:

And that isnt one of my best ones.

Did u actually kill some1 with that AEdot or was it just absorbed by some Cleric/Druids Spreadheal?

S

si1verwolf

Originally posted by Zorin-
I am rr4 something and have Ichor, purge, mcl, aug acui 3 and going for some master of the art now for better casting speed.
those RA's and maybe IP is the most important ones for a shaman in my eyes.

Yeah I forgot MCL... Crucial RA these days! :) ... saving for purge... but not decided for sure yet.

M

Marcus75

Originally posted by old.Hardbein
Did u actually kill some1 with that AEdot or was it just absorbed by some Cleric/Druids Spreadheal?

The dot alone rarely kills anything but hitting that amount, and bigger amounts, of enemies with 100-200 damage x 5 ticks is fun enough not to mention the RPs you can get from it. The great thing with ae-dot is that you just need one spell to do it where a RM need at least 2-4 aoe-spells and that adds alot to the chance of interupts. But lets not go off the deep end...this kind of things are easiest at milegate-battles and keep-offence/defence since people will be a bit unhappy with me making the enemies mezz and root-proof when you run in openfield rvr. ;)

After all, the game is about fun and thats what I have with Bluerock. :)

Users who are viewing this thread