Shaman Spec

W

Wij

Is 37/13/37 viable ? You get the 2nd best buffs, 2nd best all Cave spells and um, cure disease and poison :)

givf advice plzz

V

Vaire

Just going by the 1337ness of those numbers, I'd say yes :)

W

Wij

Originally posted by Vaire
Just going by the 1337ness of those numbers, I'd say yes :)

Hmm, this should possibly have been in the Midgard forum :(

N

nuky

will be going 38/9/37 (aug/mend/cave) - just so i get the 16% matter resist. have looked at a few specs and kinda like this one. guess urs works just aswell - a lesser variance on the top baseline heal instead of the 16% matter resist.

all good

M

mavericky

I respec'd my mend this patch from 14 (with +3RR and 11 items) to 26, apart from the group frigs for downtime which is ok, i hate it, i heal a little more consistantly but shaman mend line is so poor your spec looks very appealing, ah well time for me to go on all the TG raids for a stone :(

N

nuky

Originally posted by mavericky
I respec'd my mend this patch from 14 (with +3RR and 11 items) to 26, apart from the group frigs for downtime which is ok, i hate it, i heal a little more consistantly but shaman mend line is so poor your spec looks very appealing, ah well time for me to go on all the TG raids for a stone :(

was prviously mend shammy myelf - respeced out of it as soon as the patch came up - no doubt one of the worst spec lines i have ever come across :)

W

Wij

Apart from the friggs which are of little use in RvR I saw no point in Mend.

Anyone disagree ?

C

Cush

Originally posted by nuky
will be going 38/9/37 (aug/mend/cave) - just so i get the 16% matter resist. have looked at a few specs and kinda like this one. guess urs works just aswell - a lesser variance on the top baseline heal instead of the 16% matter resist.

all good

this is my spec btw

M

mavericky

Originally posted by Wij
Apart from the friggs which are of little use in RvR I saw no point in Mend.

Anyone disagree ?

As long as you spec high enough for cure poison and disease, then yep, there is nothing that specing does better than baseline if you get 11 +items and RR

L

levelone

My spec

i speced 14 mend 32 aug 41 Cave and this is working nice for me.

W

Wij

Is the lvl 39 AOE Root worth losing Cure Disease and Cure Poison for ?

C

Cap

It's either 39cave/37aug/4mend (missing 8 resist in matter, but getting a 10sec long aoeroot and missing cure poison and disease) or 37cave/38aug/9mend as I c it. Think I'd go for the cure disease and extra resist over 10sec longer aoe root (40sec vs 50sec).

W

Wij

Does the fact that I'd be using a lvl 31 spell (aoe root) instead of a lvl 39 one affect its chance of being resisted though ?

M

mavericky

Originally posted by Wij
Does the fact that I'd be using a lvl 31 spell (aoe root) instead of a lvl 39 one affect its chance of being resisted though ?

Yep, there is more chance of it being resisted as spell level is a factor, but cure disease is an important spell for a lot of the SI dungeons, so the choice is yours

W

Wij

Originally posted by mavericky
Yep, there is more chance of it being resisted as spell level is a factor, but cure disease is an important spell for a lot of the SI dungeons, so the choice is yours

But... NO !!!1

Someone tell me. I can't choose :(

N

nuky

Originally posted by Wij
But... NO !!!1

Someone tell me. I can't choose :(

IMO u need cure disease/poison - if u dont take it, u will no doubt end up in a pain in the ass situation where u need it and whoever ur grped with will probably be mighty pissed u dont have it. for the little spec points it takes i would go with it

N

nuky

Originally posted by Wij
But I'll end up with a gimp0root :(

so u lie about what u say under location?? :p

(the lower lvl root seems to work fine for me_

M

Mid_Blejsarus

go 37aug 39cave

the cure shit the healers have

so dont listen to the others ;)
best rvr spec atleast
aoe root is very usable in fights.

X

Xarma

32/27/33 Aug/Mend/Cave for the win!(or gimped, can't remember wich :p)

But seriously, I would suggest the spec with the cures unless you are 100% sure you will be grouped with Healers 24/7.

Z

zodie

I've always been 46c, 26aug, 10mend. Well buffs is ok, no need to mention cave, cant be much better I suppose hehe, and to the mending i got +15, so heals are pretty stable still. To that I have bought Mastery of healing and the buff increase (forgot name), so buffs are still ok, and the group heal is 99% of the time over 100+hp/heal. So all in all a quite good spec, imo ofc :)
THen all you need is long wind, and you get end4 (which you ofc already knew hehe).
Oh, and go buy wild arcana 3, just another hint :)

-Acibeth

M

Mid_Blejsarus

cure etc for pve and but if u wanna do rvr that spec is best...
37aug 39cave that is.. and have 2-3healers in group atleast 2 with Spreadheal ;)

D

Denisée

RvR based I see u got many great options:
37 Aug, 39 Cave, 4 Mend
43 Aug, 27 Cave, 18 Mend
43 Aug, 31 Cave, 10 Mend
45 Aug, 27 Cave, 12 Mend
38 Aug, 31 Cave, 22 Mend
38 Aug, 27 Cave, 27 Mend

It is personaly up to your own playstyle to chose ur spec.
As RvR I see 27 Cave as minimum and 37 (prefeable 38) Aug as minimal, beside from that all comes down to how you want to play :)

M

Mid_Blejsarus

healers = heal,mess,root,interrupt,stun
shammys = root,diease,interrupt with dots etc.

imhooooooooo :D

R

Roo Stercogburn

If you want an all round fun shammy that can solo stuff in PvE up to orange con 41 cave, 32 aug, 14 mend will definately do it, as this is the spec I have on Biggus. Good buffs, good cave, and fairly useless mend. The buffs are welcome in groups but you are a backup healer most of the time.

However, I simply don't really like the playstyle for RvR but this is a personal preference (I discovered that when it came down to it I just like nuking the crap out of people and preferably when drinking their souls at the same time).

If you go for lower cave you can make up for the ae root with the Ichor RA once you have the points :)

If you go high cave make sure to get the Wild Arcana RA as well as you will have a good laugh with this :D

Users who are viewing this thread