Shaman spec?

C

congin

So i started a little shaman here and played around a bit with the char builder on catacombs

The spec i was thinking of would be..
38 aug
37 cave
9 mend

... then i would have the next best of all buffs, next best dd, bolt ae dot etc and cure disease and cure poison.

Is this a good spec or am i totally gimped without end regen 5?

S

Solid

Depends what your after.

If you want to be an active Offensive/Buffing class then 41 Cave 32 AUg 14 Mend is a better spec.

If you want to be a Support class with a good Single target DoT and Root then 37 Aug 29 Cave 26 Mend is good

M

Marcus75

My cave shammy is 46 cave, 22 aug and 17 mend. This gives the highest aoe-dot that ticks for almost as much as the highest singletarget dot, it also gives a good end regen and a decent frigg. The last aoe-dot is super for keep defending and taking.

I

Irgil

my shammie will be 37 aug 36 cave 15 mend at 50 (48 now), and sofar it works well...

S

Stinko

My shaman has :
37 Aug for next best buffs and for group endregen
39 Cave for decent dmg output
4 Mending. Don´t need more cause i´ll never heal decently unless I go really high in mending. In real crisis I can heal although (for 120-300hp)

Don´t see any point in sacrificing Cave or Aug for higher mending

D

Damon_D

Well when you get diseased you will...cure disease and poison is must have if u ask me...

O

old.Maronan

Just a question:

Is it really worthwhile not taking the highest offensive spells as a seer, if you go 'offensive' that is?

Like, a pac healer training for the highest stun/mezz, or a shaman training for the highest bolts/dots.

The reason I ask is due to resists. Say you only spec'd for the second highest thing, you might end up getting resisted way too often for it to be really worthwhile trying. Whereas, with mending/augmentation, your spells aren't resisted and thus its of no issue whetever they have that final spell level attached to it.

Anyone got a qualified oppinion on that?

O

old.Mu.

If you have a dedicated group with two decent healers then you can afford to have as little mend as you want. For the other 90% of players though, getting a balanced looking shaman spec is pretty tough, in my opinion.

"38 aug, 37 cave, 9 mend" is one of the specs I'd absolutely love to try, as is 37/39/04.. To the guys who mentioned those specs, I hope you have fun with them. No way I'd ever respec to them, of course, don't have the guts to let my mend sink that low.

I wish the shaman mend line would get some lovin'. :p

On the subject of spell levels and resist rates: I have 27 cave, and can kite people fine. I don't remember the last time my pbae disease was resisted (which is only a level 27 spell). I'd imagine higher AE DoTs will be fine as well.

Oh, and to the original question: no, you don't need end 5. Most people you'll group with are aware that most active shaman stop at end 4. I've yet to group with anybody who didn't have long wind 1, for that reason.

B

Big-G-

my little bitch is going 46cave 25mending 12augs
coz i had loads of fun cave shammy in thid, thoguth why not carry on for proper rvr
high mending to minimise baseline heal variance, coz i wanna be able to heal lots too - little very little augs purely coz i have a buffbot, and ER2 isnt amazing but will suffice in fg vs fg battles when its all over in like, 40 seconds

hopefully it will work out well :D

G

gladvoffs

Originally posted by old.Mu.
I've yet to group with anybody who didn't have long wind 1, for that reason.

Come group with me :D :D :D I fancied getting Ip before longwind, had longwind and some other RA's but i respecced em away and got ip instead... :)

M

Makwaerk

I have a shaman with the "buff bot" (27 mend 45 aug 12 cave)spec .. since he was actully made to be a buffbot, now he is closing in to RR5 .... guess I like to be effective in groups, I will even respec him when 1.62 comes out to get the last spec buff's and he will still be played active in RvR

M

mavericky

Just out of interest, a question for the people with higher mend. How much do your baseline heals heal for? I am 41c 14m 32a and heal for 260-330(ish) range (i have +14 to mend in items and RR atm)

C

Cyradix

I think the baseline only goes up to about 330. (I never heal for more) It's the variance that is affected by higher mend.

M

midmaster

4 in mending is enough. Let the healers to what they do best, and shammys should be the support, i.e rooting, buffing and dotting. Best way to use the class imo.

C

Cami

Originally posted by mavericky
Just out of interest, a question for the people with higher mend. How much do your baseline heals heal for? I am 41c 14m 32a and heal for 260-330(ish) range (i have +14 to mend in items and RR atm)

with my 25 mend +4 from rr i heal for about 300-380ish i think, nothing constant tho :)

B

Big-G-

Originally posted by midmaster
Let the healers to what they do best,

yip, and thats CC.
my cave shammy spec of 46cave 25mending, ill land an ae dot and disease then do support stuff like cure and root and heal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom