shall I?

L

lethys

lo guys

just wanted to ask a few questions before i fork out for the disks to get the 7 day trail

1) Is this game playable on a 56k modem ? by this i mean how laggy is it.

2) Is planetside worth the subs in your opion compared to say daoc which i play atm?

thxs for your time.

lethys

M

mid_Efour

i have adsl my mate who i persuaded to fork out 30 quid for this game has 56k.

if you can handle 6 hour + patching and constant linkdeading then go for it.

This game is laggy on ADSL 512k let alone 56k also you need at least 1 gig of ram to avoid using the swap file too much, cos this means <15fps (awful)

Its upto you if u want to risk trying it you may be lucky but as i say my mate had nothing but aggro with his 56k

P

[PS]Venom

Quite a lot of people say it's fine on 56k so long as you don't get involved into massive uber poplocked on all sides battles.

The initial patching will be a bitch, however.

I wouldn't try playing it on 56k if you don't have more than 512Mb RAM though - it'll probably be pretty much unplayable.

Try the 7 day trial first :)

The great thing about planetside is it's pick up and play. You can log in, drop on a continent and get stuck in then log off 10 minutes later if you so wish. There is no unbalancing in levels - all a higher BR gets you is experience and verstatility really. A BR1 can take out a BR20.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by lethys

2) Is planetside worth the subs in your opion compared to say daoc which i play atm?

If you prefer scoring kills by using skill over stats whoring... yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

and - yes.

F

Faeldawn

Re: Re: shall I?

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
If you prefer scoring kills by using skill over stats whoring... yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

and - yes.

Point made i think Sicko :)

M

MoratJG

I started playing on 56k with 512 of RAM and, tbh, unless you really love the game, dont bother. It becomes un-playable in the big battles, i used to have to wait 20secs after re-spawning to load up my inventory. ofc you can play on the side lines by sniping/hacking un-defended bases but you are missing out on a lot.

I now have 1gig RAM and have stumped up for ISDN (cant get cable/DSL here) and it is perfectly playable, no lag at all.

As for it being better than DAoC, oh god yes, it is better by a country mile.

Users who are viewing this thread