Shadowlands Discussion

Embattle

FH is my second home
I look at it and feel excited as usual but then reality kicks in for me that'll probably be a complete waste of my money and time.....again.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
First expansion I will not be pre-ordering.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Also with each expansion I get more annoyed that they aren't part of the subscription.

Embattle

FH is my second home
So 8.3 is released and I logged in did one quest and logged out and then uninstalled the game.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Not many WoW posters left but dump your Shadowlands stuff in here and keep it all consolidated somewhat.

Embattle

FH is my second home
WoW EU used to be one of my default pages that would open with Chrome, I finally removed it from my default pages...just another little step away from WoW.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
There are more WoW players than you think I have a whole guild full of them :) I have played through the beta and I am excited for launch although as we are all starting in one place it will truely test the shard technology.... I imagine this evening may be a massive clusterfuck but for me that is part of going live - the last time this happened was MoP - let us see if it has improved.... (surely it can not be worse than WoD launch which was just hilliariously terrible).

Yoni

Launch went well - there was once inncident that I am aware of where a quest stopped working (it was fixed quickly which is necessary due to the linear start of the expansion) - other than that no sharding issues I could see and there were plenty of mobs to go around... I played beta and the quality in a month vastly improved ... although I loved beta also especially running Torghast.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
On L59 now and have got to a point where I have to be 60 for a quest so needing to go back to do other ones :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I didn't bother in the end. BFA left a sour taste in my mouth so giving this expansion a miss for now.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Gawd, I've been sucked in too.

Going to roll something and start at level 1, potter about at my own game instead of pissing about with a guild. Been playing Phoenix like that for the last 6 months or so, so much more relaxing.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Overdriven on Argent Dawn btw.

Overdriven#2334 if anyone cares :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have several 50s on bloodhoof but I used the boost to make a fresh 50 hunter on a fresh server (that I don't remember the name of...) and I also started a level 1 paladin. I did the intro bit and found it to be pretty boring so far and pretty much a copy of every expansion, pretext is that your leaders are as much use as a chocolate tampon and you are there to rescue the world, again. With new toons they go a bit overboard on the 'how to play' mechanics and I hope you don't get that every toon you make. I've not read any of the build up to the expansion and I'm pretty sure I missed the last expansion, so taking it as face value, something about a jailer that appears to be some sort of shaved litch king.

The amount of reused assets is still huge too, most of the artwork is lifted from previous expansions, they even made the main city inside that windy instance from Pandaland (I think it was)

Not overly impressed so far tbh but I'll get max level on a couple of toons then bin it most likely.

Yoni

I am loving it - I do not know how you ran out of quests.... both my husband and I reached 60 in Ardenweld - no rested in an average amount of time... For Alts it is superb especially if they are there for supporting professions. My only wish or moan is that I wish Torghast was not gated

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The trouble with WoW is that the endgame is only doing the same thing you have already been doing, to gain better gear to do the exact same thing but against bad AI (essentially, don't stand in the fire is all you need to know) with a bit more HP/damage.

The story is usually pretty solid so works for a short term thing but I am so piss bored of Thrall being an utter weakling, can't he just fuck off and become a mats vendor or something?

Yoni

I think end game has become more and more inventive - it is really noticeable when people play classic and then come back to new raids - it really is not just about not standing in the fire any more...

The story line is always awesome and current end game for this xp is fun and repeatable. It mixes old school wow with a Diablo mix (with Torghast).

No doubt our guild will be the same steady 10 it has been for years this time next year but it is currently a good expansion - especially when you look back to the WoD shambles. I have played this expac even levelling as a disc priest and now we are back to work we play separately due to different schedules and all the solo content is doable without changing to shadow - which is refreshing as I love my disc priest :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom