Shadowblades Double Speccin ?

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Dumb question here but id never really thought about it so..

Do Shadowblades have to spec Axe as a base dmg if they go left axe.

I like a challenge and shadowblades aint perfect atm ^_~ , so im gonna make one , i just wasnt sure about this. I known for years that for 2handed weapons in mid u dont need a base dmg like alb , but is it the same for left axe styles ?

and also whats a good end spec for a shadowzerk, ive never been that grt at pullin off critstrikes tbh :p

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
left axe damage is double specced, but bases off either sword or axe (the highest specced afaik) not 100% on that though :)

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
knighthood said:
Do Shadowblades have to spec Axe as a base dmg if they go left axe.
No, Left Axe is practically the same as the Albion Dual Wield, meaning speccing in Left Axe increases the chance to hit with your offhand.

Read about the Left Axe mechanics here, as they are rather complicated: http://daoc.catacombs.com/forum.cfm?ThreadKey=10835&DefMessage=720228&forum=44

Scroll a little down to the part named "Speclines"

knighthood said:
and also whats a good end spec for a shadowzerk, ive never been that grt at pullin off critstrikes tbh :p
This spec is what I have on my own SB:
44 LA
37 sword
36 envenom
36 stealth
21 CS (PA for bubblebreak and bleed opener on melee types)

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
Narzeja said:
No, Left Axe is practically the same as the Albion Dual Wield, meaning speccing in Left Axe increases the chance to hit with your offhand.

i thought with La offhand always swinged ?

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Just as CD/DW doesn't always hit, even if swinging.

It does always swing though. But as as a tradeoff, the damage from main-hand and off-hand is lower depending on how high Left Axe spec you have.

And for what base line it uses (Axe or Sword). It obviously uses the one type you are swinging with.

id say a good LA spec would be,
50/51 composite sword/axe
50 composite stealth,
47 ( str/con debuff ) or 50 ( lifebane ) compostite envenom spec
rest in LA ( u will use ur LA styles to deal damage so raising LA will raise ur damage caps )

Then ofc its the proberly ongoing discussion of WS and what the effects are, and tbh I've read so many diffrent threads that says diffrent things and all have quiet resonable facts and arguments.

/shrug

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom