Currently R4L5 Critblade with the following RA's and 5 points to spend:-

Aug Str 2,
Aug Con 2,
Aug Dex 2,
Aug Qui 2,

Dodger 2,
MoP 3,

Where do i go from here?
Have i made any glaring mistakes (such as missing purge maybe) ?

Any advice would be welcome, but please avoid slating the RA list as i am aware how crap it is.

Thanks.

C

Cami

purge is a good idea

you might want some toughness aswell... rest isnt really optional within the next 500k rps :p

A

Astraad

U have exactly the same as me. Perhaps u should put some points into Toughness

A

aarn

To be honest, i see purge as a chance to win (/cough) every 30 mins which doesn't really appeal to me (does that sound strange ?). I looked at toughness 2 and possibly tireless 1 with the 5 points i currently have unspent.

I just can't make up my mind.

A

Azal

purge

you NEED aug toughness, at least lvl 1..preferably the same lvl as you have aug con at.

Tireless 1 never hurts, it's nice to have a small bit extra end regen.

Avoidance of magic is cheap for lvl 1 and an extra 3% magic resists is nice, 4 points for lvl 2 and that's an extra 6%.

IMO you really want purge, you could save up a few more points and get it (have an ra respec left mebbe to use?)

put it this way, as an sb you fight a helluva lot of stealthers - mincers have a 9 sec stun shout, infs (mostly) have 9 sec stun from DF, and scouts have slam/brutalise. So surely purge is a must have :)

A

aarn

It seems i should go with my initial hunch and hold out till RR5 and get purge. Can fluff out all my passives after that i guess, with toughness being the first to get attention.

Thanks for the responses.

Edit:- Used my RA respec to drop out of DR2 since i respecced critblade and have a left axe of 1. I'm kinda liking it too.

C

Cami

tireless and longwind isnt all wasted either by the way :)

A

aarn

Tireless.

Tireless gives you the impression it would be quite usefull when you look at the RA list, but is it?

How effective is it whent the crap hits the fan and you start throwing styles around, is the regen rate good enough to warrant the points?

F

froler-mid

well...i agree with aboves, get purge ASAP.

after....mayby duelist 2, tireless1 is good, toughness2 and aug con2 is worth it aswell, AoM1 is worth 1 pts. Longwind1 is great.

AoM2/tireless2 is not worth it ;dd

After you got the basic's pump em some more. ie more MoP, duelist, tough.

dont bother with MoS or any Rain of XXX ra or See Hidden , all wasted pts imo.

F

froler-mid

Re: Tireless.

Originally posted by aarn
Tireless gives you the impression it would be quite usefull when you look at the RA list, but is it?

How effective is it whent the crap hits the fan and you start throwing styles around, is the regen rate good enough to warrant the points?

tireless gives your mayby 1 more styled attack in 1vs1.

i find it very well worth the pts

A

aarn

Re: Re: Tireless.

Originally posted by froler-mid

Tireless 1 does?.. or do you have it higher?

F

froler-mid

Re: Re: Re: Tireless.

Tireless 1 does?.. or do you have it higher?

yes, tireless1.

i got tireless 2, and it does nada compared too tire1 :D

B

Blood

Re: Tireless.

it usually allowed me to get in an extra reactionary style at the end of a long fight, but thats about it.

A

Azal

Do get Tireless lvl 1
Don't get Tireless any higher than that, it's been tested many times and anything higher than Tireless 1 does nothing extra. It's well worth it for 1 point though. And Longwind is pretty much a must have too.

S

Spamb0t

P U R G E

should be the first RA any sb gets imo.

C

Cap

Re: Re: Tireless.

I have tireless 1 on my sb, must say only ra I regret getting (got longwind 1 which is nice). I pl:ed my healer for a few lvls in spindel with my sb and must say that with tireless 1 that is suppost to regen ur end I didnt gain enough end to do a single regular style (maybee enough for a comeback without followup) in fights that lasted over 1 min. Not worth it imo even tough it dont costs to much.

And yes you want purge (got it after patch but haven't been able to try it out), surely its one win every 30min. But if you take a loose every 30min instead you spend alot more time on svasud pad or walking back to odins =)

Z

zapzap

tireless 1 is worth getting special so u can move on and still gain end.

O

old.Emma

well...i agree with aboves, get purge ASAP.

after....mayby duelist 2, tireless1 is good, toughness2 and aug con2 is worth it aswell, AoM1 is worth 1 pts. Longwind1 is great.

AoM2/tireless2 is not worth it ;dd

After you got the basic's pump em some more. ie more MoP, duelist, tough.

dont bother with MoS or any Rain of XXX ra or See Hidden , all wasted pts imo.

pfft thaught even you would know that a critblade doesnt duelwield. so DR is useless ;p

J

Jonaldo

Mastery of water imo.

I'm totally unbiased as a Hib also.

If I ever renew my Mid account I may say differently but I'm a roleplayer and always type shit that like makes sense to me at the time and don't care about anyone else :)

F

Farnis

Anyone know if toughness is calculated before or after aug con. If it is then its best to get aug con first aint it?

S

SilverHood

its calculated based on your current con, so it doesn't matter

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by old.Emma
pfft thaught even you would know that a critblade doesnt duelwield. so DR is useless ;p

a critblade that dont dualwiled is such a gimp.

if anyone need duelist its the critblade.

O

old.Emma

a critblade that dont dualwiled is such a gimp.

if anyone need duelist its the critblade.

Unfortunalty SB`s "LACK" the spec points to spec CS high for a critblade and still be able to duel wield with little penalty to damage.

Im specced

44+15 Axe
39+15 CS
35+15 Stealth
35+15 Envenom
20+15 LA

also have DR 2.

Using a 4.2 spd doublebladed axe i literally throw a party every time i get over 180 dmg mainhand vs an infil. I can gladly say ive 3 parties this week. just a shame those >180 hits were against blue cons :/

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by Farnis
Anyone know if toughness is calculated before or after aug con. If it is then its best to get aug con first aint it?

When you are buffed toughness even takes greater effect.

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
When you are buffed toughness even takes greater effect.

It adds more but its still 3% like it says ;p

doenst matter if you have 50 con or 300 con with toughness you still only get 3%

Users who are viewing this thread