Shadow of Revan

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
(im sure i posted this before but cant see it :( )

New addon
out 12th december (2nd for subbed preorder)
lvl cap 55-60
revamp of talent trees
new raids, pvp arenas, dungeons, blah blah as you would expect

no new classes or races (new race coming soon, Togruta)

If you are a) a subscriber and b) pre-order revan you get a 12x XP buff to STORY missions

anyone playing, poke me on Red Eclipse , both factions but mostly Empire

http://www.swtor.com/shadow-of-revan

Tilda

What are the servers like in terms of activity Mabs? Its a fun game, I always keep meaning to go back and finish the story quests.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
probably so few that large scale pvp is no longer a slideshow :)

Mabs

What are the servers like in terms of activity Mabs? Its a fun game, I always keep meaning to go back and finish the story quests.

reasonably active . what you after specifically ?
Dungeons are easy, there is a "LFR" system for 8 man raids now. Tactical Flashpoints (dungeons) are a new concept that doesnt require the 3-class basic group. Ive done them with 4 dps, 4 tanks, 3 healers + 1 dps. etc. takes anyone - there are heal canisters that regen on the floor in boss fights etc.

Pvp is still arena/instanced like WoW is. open world is pretty much dead - some people flag on shared planets but get murdered by people who have PvP gear on their companions *cough* ;)

if you want to do story lines now is the time, 12x XP is fucking wrong on every level. I did 4 alts from 20-ish to 55 in a sat-tues 7 hours a day sesh :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I did like the game, particularly the raids which were quite intense with good mechanics. Just don't have the time to get back into it. Also, no one I played with is likely to be on. I can imagine trying to find a decent guild setup would be difficult.

Enjoying The Secret World and Archeage at the moment as something to do until CU is born.

Mabs

few of us are playing on Red Eclipse mostly Empire side. were looking to do some gentle raiding in Revan. LFG groups are almost instant even for DPS, and with "moloing" all content is soloable with some gear

Tilda

Worth me rerolling my lvl 12 char to join you mabs? I haven't bought the expansion so no fast xp for me.

Mabs

were not sure whats happening with the buff on tuesday, is "going" but if they just take it out there will be a backlash so were assuming there will be -something-
and if you like it, yea. its not bad to lvl anyway the "old" way and got crafters etc to keep gear done through lvls

Tilda

Okay @Mabs I'll wait and see what they do with the bonus. I'm enjoying DA:I atm, but if they continue some form of the bonus I'll reroll on your server. Don't suppose you fancy leveling something together, or are you all leveled up everywhere?

Mabs

ive got all 14 slots filled, 9 of which are 55 ;)
but im happy to help with stuff :p

you got till tomorrow morning , and you can do 1-55 in 8 hours :)

Tilda

Exam on friday so wont be going too mad!
Will see what the outcome of the xp boost is, hopefully they'll add it as a subscriber option or something.

Mabs

Exam on friday so wont be going too mad!
Will see what the outcome of the xp boost is, hopefully they'll add it as a subscriber option or something.

what you got / thinking of rerolling ?

Tilda

Was thinking about PT or Jugg? Sound okay? Any other classes you need? I could be tempted easily.

Mabs

speaking as someone with 3 juggs, think we got enough of those :p

PT is always good, and are better DPS than Mercs, tho all bets are off with 3.0

Tilda

What are operatives like? Any need for sorcs or assassins - I presume not?

Mabs

dps or healers are always good
ops are getting nerfed as they are OP as fuck atm
but anything you like really, most can fulfill more than 1 role

Mabs

both can dps or tank, both are workable. i havent played either since 3.0 - before hand the Assassin suffered from being Cooldown heavy for tanking. PT is good dps, good tank. Assassin obv gets stealth regardless of spec.

do u want a ligthsaber or a gun ? :p

Tilda

Well I really enjoyed my Jugg, but I dont wanna role the most popular class ever. Guns are fun, but PTs just seem to get rockets and rails. Assasin was my first class and I got distracted by Maras, Juggs and PT.

Mabs

Well I really enjoyed my Jugg, but I dont wanna role the most popular class ever. Guns are fun, but PTs just seem to get rockets and rails. Assasin was my first class and I got distracted by Maras, Juggs and PT.

dps jugg is good. Jugg is sex on legs, basically. (and yes i have 3 :X)

PT is not rockets and rails, it is a melee class. its also MUCH flame useage

Mabs

yea. we got quite a few tanks around but can work with whatever :p

Tilda

Or is an assassin or mara more useful? I enjoyed playing them, they just felt squishyer

Mabs

i dont like either really, but not put a lot of time in - assassin are cooldown heavy which is a PITA, Maras hit like a truck but tend to melt. quite frenetic play style aswell. can be good but takes some getting used to

Mabs

i have, at 55 or above:
tank jugg, dps jugg, mara, healing operative, sniper, dps merc, tank pt, heal sorc, dps commando, tank jedi knight

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Is it any good? If the storyline quests are good I'll resub for a bit. Not thrilled by the sound of the changes to the talent system, they've done something similar in Lord of the Rings Online and it is a little lame.

Mabs

storyline has always been good ;)
the talent change is fine, most of it is very good changes, some long needed nerfs but not overly done

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Wasn't that impressed personally, played a few toons to 57 and then got bored again. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom