SG1 cancelled :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Can't you download em from bitorrenz or something ?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Lamp said:
Can't you download em from bitorrenz or something ?

I think you have misunderstood. The series is being cancelled after 10 years, one of the highest rated shows on Sci-Fi and yet they are cancelling. Bloody insane.

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Oh wot :(

Why on earth are they cancelling now? Show's on top of it's game and running better than ever. Crazy, crazy people.

razeredge

One of Freddy's beloved
Fear not, I wouldn't count your chickens quite yet see http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/cooper_isg-1i_will_go_on.shtml - quotes from Robert Cooper the executive producer, -
"As far as the future I can't comment yet because nothing has been confirmed," Cooper said. "What we want to emphasize is that the franchise is not dying. SG-1 will go on in some way. We're just not ready to announce how."
I'd like to emphasise SCI-Fi channel has said they'll stop showing it, another network in the US could pick it up, I would say that we could at least expect a movie

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I do hope that whoever takes it up doesnt make a mess of it :( that would be worse than it not continuing imo!

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Dammit SG1 rocked! on and Dukat come back man! tho im having to take a break too with no money to even pay my subs :<

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Jeros said:
Dammit SG1 rocked! on and Dukat come back man! tho im having to take a break too with no money to even pay my subs :<

check pm! :D

GReaper

Part of the furniture
They should've kept it going for another two seasons at least, 12 seasons seems like such a nice number! The whole Ori story arc really deserves a few more seasons to fully finish off.

I hope they find some way of carrying on, or create another Stargate spinoff which is more closely related to SG1.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Hmm, maybe they are doing it for a good reason

Plenty of American tvshows overstay there welcome and gradually become unentertaning(Friends, Will and Grace, Sex and the City etc) but they keep them up ebcause they are worth so much money in advertising revenue.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
cHodAX said:
I think you have misunderstood. The series is being cancelled after 10 years, one of the highest rated shows on Sci-Fi and yet they are cancelling. Bloody insane.
SG-1 had horrible ratings compared to last years at the start of the season, that scares the advertisers off. All TV-shows in the US live and die by the nielsen ratings, unless it has lots of critics to keep it alive...

Anyways, it sux :(

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
I know the feeling. I felt really gutted when it was announced that Angel was being cancelled just as the brilliant chemistry between Spike and Angel was starting. I have liked SG-1 (though never been the league of cannot miss an episode) and it is a shame it is ending. Well, whatever the status is.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Just started watching season 9 when I found this news... real sad news.

Kind of interesting to see what will happen now, apparantly Sci-Fi is dropping it but they might go the same way as Firefly. First they'll try to get it aired on another channel and then if that doesn't work make a movie to tie up lose ends, finish storylines.

So far (I'm 3 episodes into season 9) it is looking like the show gets better and better every season so it would in deed be a big shame if it were to end. But you should also realise that each SG1 episode is basicly a small movie. They have HUGE budgets compared to other shows (and not just, like Friends or Seinfeld for example, because the actors get paid silly amounts of money) so it can only afford to be a TOP rated show or they'll simply start losing money to fast.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
All good things come to an end. In my opinion, its good to end it while on top.
Like with Seinfeld, I was sad to hear when they decided to quit, but hey, they were still good and will be remembered as being one of the best comedy shows ever. Which is a lot more than other shows who kept running and running until they ran out of good ideas. It'll eventually end up as this crappy show which keeps repeating the same stories all over again.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
I do hope that whoever takes it up doesnt make a mess of it :( that would be worse than it not continuing imo!

Oh no it will be mostly the same people. Sci-Fi just puts it on the air but they don't in any way have a say in the production.

So if it will go to another channel it will be exactly the same :)

They're also talking about a "Direct-to-video" option. Basicly I think this means it will not be shown on TV but can only be bought online or on DvD. Interesting option I always wondered where the real money is for shows like this. Is it the ads that pay for it or the DvD sales afterwards?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
LordjOX said:
SG-1 had horrible ratings compared to last years at the start of the season, that scares the advertisers off. All TV-shows in the US live and die by the nielsen ratings, unless it has lots of critics to keep it alive...

Anyways, it sux :(

Aye, starting the season in the middle of summer is a fucking joke, they expect good ratings even when every other channel is getting lower rating because alot of the population are off enjoying the summer weather.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Kinda makes sense, every season they have to up the ante on the baddies... season 9/10 it's almost gods they're against... where do you go from there?
Buffy had the same problem

Would rather it bowed out gracefully than degenerated into a farce like later seasons of buffy.

Besides its not as good without O'Neill, may as well be Farscape MkII

[edit] Could happily do without more "humourous" episodes like the 200th as well

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Pirkel said:
First they'll try to get it aired on another channel and then if that doesn't work make a movie to tie up lose ends, finish storylines.

wich would be possibly even worse then just stopping all together.

making a movie just for the purpose of "tie up loose ends" is never a good idea as they cant make it long enough to finnish off everything thats been going on for so long. not in a trustworthy way anyhow....

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Rulke said:
[edit] Could happily do without more "humourous" episodes like the 200th as well

Aye, 200th was shite, real disappointment.

tamtap

Banned
tbh if jack doesnt do Sam doggie style over landrys desk while tealc talks in that inane sing song style he started doing then they got no hope. I wanna see beef.

And that skinny bitch with the huge gob, fucks sake. Auri need nerfing, i mean they insta pwn the asgard wtf ? They gave up there bollox so they could make cool gizmos and they get 1 shotted ??????

Tbh i think GoA have infiltrated SG command and have been 'helping' them out.

Tam

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I really enjoyed this weeks episodes and its a real shame that they are letting sg1 go. Ori storyline is well good, I want Daniel to become ascended again and own their asses.

Oh and I really like Valas character, I think the above person has got it all wrong.

Zede

Part of the furniture
my guess is they will intigrate parts of SG1 in the Atlantis Storyline. They did it with Startrek, with the chief and worf joining DS9, and we have been seeing alot more cross show action of late :)

As daveh, said...All good things.... ( name of last star trek tng episode too!) tbh i dont see how the ori story arc can go into a 2nd series..heres hoping the wraith get a foothold in our galaxy and all hell breaks loose :p

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Its a shame they introduced the same actors from Farscape. But I suppose thats what its like in these circuits.. a certain kind of actors wanna participate.

I suggest everyone signs the petion against the cancellation of SG-1. They honestly needs to finish the Ori part of the series before they consider finishing it. Persoanlly I'd prefear if it went out with a booom and the whole stargate project got to public knowledge etc. :p

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Pirkel said:
Oh no it will be mostly the same people. Sci-Fi just puts it on the air but they don't in any way have a say in the production.

So if it will go to another channel it will be exactly the same :)

Ahh ok, but wouldn't the new channel control the budget/funding for the series?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
tamtap said:
tbh if jack doesnt do Sam doggie style over landrys desk while tealc talks in that inane sing song style he started doing then they got no hope. I wanna see beef.

And that skinny bitch with the huge gob, fucks sake. Auri need nerfing, i mean they insta pwn the asgard wtf ? They gave up there bollox so they could make cool gizmos and they get 1 shotted ??????

Tbh i think GoA have infiltrated SG command and have been 'helping' them out.

Tam

sweet mother of hamburgulars use SPOILER TAGS amagaad!!!! :eek6:

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Dantares said:
I know the feeling. I felt really gutted when it was announced that Angel was being cancelled just as the brilliant chemistry between Spike and Angel was starting. I have liked SG-1 (though never been the league of cannot miss an episode) and it is a shame it is ending. Well, whatever the status is.

i loved angel :( but there wasnt really anything left to build on in the end..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom