SF = awsome!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
here's how to turn off DEP which may or may not deliver a performance gain, and here's the swapfile tweak, which also may or may not deliver a gain.

RedHelix tells us how to get =rid of the startup movies here, and also advises us to turn off BF2's built-in VOIP in favour of teamspeak.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
TdC said:
here's how to turn off DEP which may or may not deliver a performance gain, and here's the swapfile tweak, which also may or may not deliver a gain.

RedHelix tells us how to get =rid of the startup movies here, and also advises us to turn off BF2's built-in VOIP in favour of teamspeak.

Swapping in-game VOIP for TS is fine if you're playing a match or on a regular server, but at the moment, because FH's SF server isn't often full (probably because its STILL not appearing in the in-game server list), I'm jumping around various servers, so in-game VOIP is useful. I've already done the movie renaming thing, that's been standard practice since BF1942 tbh, but it doesn't help in-game or loading times.

TdC

yeah, I know. turning DEP off and doing the swap tweak may help a bit in-game, but the movie thing is just to get around being pissed off by the fact that you can't click-through EA's tasty offerings :/

Clown

Part of the furniture
I have my shortcut set up to automatically log into my account. Press escape after 'Challenge Everything' and you get plonked at the menu. Saves a bit of time. Last time I renamed the movies, I got kicked for modified content.

DaGaffer

Clown said:
I have my shortcut set up to automatically log into my account. Press escape after 'Challenge Everything' and you get plonked at the menu. Saves a bit of time. Last time I renamed the movies, I got kicked for modified content.

You shouldn't get kicked if you don't delete the originals but put them into a sub-folder.

TdC

I got so pissed off when PB kicked me for playing as a non-administrator user :/

Poag

m00?
Hmm

[11.24.2005 22:27:43] VIOLATION (PB INTEGRITY) #10006: [FH] Hookey (slot #43) Technical Violation: Failed PunkBuster Integrity Check [snip]

Whos a norty boy!

DaGaffer

Gale said:
Hmm

[11.24.2005 22:27:43] VIOLATION (PB INTEGRITY) #10006: [FH] Hookey (slot #43) Technical Violation: Failed PunkBuster Integrity Check [snip]

Whos a norty boy!

WHAT??

Clown

Part of the furniture
DaGaffer said:
You shouldn't get kicked if you don't delete the originals but put them into a sub-folder.
This worked. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom