Sexy Lingerie

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Its my girl's birthday in a couple of weeks and what i think she would really like is some sexy underwear. I know her and i know she would never have the nerve to buy any herself but she desperately wants to feel sexy. She's also paranoid as hell about appearing in anyway slutty or cheap. So basically i'm looking for something deeply tasteful but incredibly sexy.

Now i hate buying stuff for girls and something as personal as this which she will think shows the kind of thing i am in to and the kind of way i see her is even worse.

I've done a little homework and i have a bra size and dress size etc. i even once heard her mention something about a black lace corset. So tell me what you think. Should i go for it and buy her something or bail out and buy her some jewellery instead? Any guys done something similar and have some advice or any girls want to add some input?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Pez - pop down to Marks and Sparks as they have a good variety of stuff and helpful staff. Just ask one of the ladies there for help and I am sure they will be really good about it.

I would say don't go over the top. We see stuff on tv or in the media with girls wearing the full monty in red lace or whatever, but in real terms she'll likely wear it once in a blue moon. I would recommend getting her stuff that is sexy but also practical... high cut knickers with a lacy edge, perhaps a corset if it's tasteful, a lacy pretty-looking bra. Alot of the 'sexy' undies you'll see will also be darned uncomfortable for her to wear, so take advice on that also if you are brave enough.

Good luck :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
my mind is now imaging a hobbit wearing lace knickers

argrgrghrhrhrhrhrh.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Yeah I use La senza for my gifts, lots of good looking girls ready to help out aswell :) Although they always give e a funny look when I ask them to try em on to give me an idea of what they will look like. :p

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
pez - would this be a gift for your "girl" or more a gift for you (albeit when she is wearing them)

Not all women appreciate that, so keep the receipt

pez

Can't get enough of FH
nah i'm being pretty thoughtful tbh. She has low self esteem especially in the bedroom and as wierd as this sounds i think it would be good for her to feel like a sex object every now and again

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
mate, try agent provocateur, not sure thats spelt right but girls love it and its classy and naughty all at the same time.

Ziva

Fluffy
Just buy it!! It's cool to buy it for your gf imo and she would know upfront you like it since you picked it :)

If i were you i would go for something classy but sexy. Don't go overboard in picking something very slutty cause even though you might like it, by the looks of it i don't think your gf is ready for that (yet anyway). If you see something nice on the net and want some female advice just ask me :D

Good luck with it!

dr_jo

Fledgling Freddie
Speaking as a female, I'd be careful with La Senza. They have some nice things, but they tend to be the New Look of underwear. Kinda young, and their things don't tend to last *that* long.

If you want any advice feel free to ask :) But yeah, I'd say go for it. Don't be offended though if it's something like a corset and it doesn't fit - we're all different shapes, so it could be extremely uncomfortable. Another possibility would be a chemise or camisole - they're very sexy, but also very tasteful. And they're no where near as rigid, so the fit is less of a problem.

Jo

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
im no expert but i will input -

get that underwear that looks like a full skirt only its silk and has straps on the shoulders. around the hem its like a slant, which i cannot draw with keyboard keys. at the clevage(sp?), its like net but not fully see through.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
be tasteful tbh i wouldn't venture anywhere near a corset or those other things which look like them

my now ex-girlfriend had some of the Kylie minogue stuff which she liked, also i would be prepared to spend a LOT because i don't think the women like anything cheap like 3 thongs for £5

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/

EDIT: I know i said be prepared to spend a lot but i looked at that site and Damn i'm glad boxer shorts don't cost so much

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ok, I'm over the jup in lingerie mind scarring now.

He is right, Marks and Spencers have a huge range of lingerie, and most of it very sexy too. La Senza is nice, but pricey -but it really is for very slim women.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
dr_jo said:
Speaking as a female, I'd be careful with La Senza. They have some nice things, but they tend to be the New Look of underwear. Kinda young, and their things don't tend to last *that* long.
Jo

not havin a go or anything but my 'ex' used to get loads of stuff from la senza and she was 30+ so she wasn't _that_ young depends how old pez's girl is?

mind u i also bought her stuff from ann summers but thats a different story ;)

anattic

Fledgling Freddie
If she's a 'big' girl (C cup and up), try Bravissimo. They do some really nice stuff and have very rabbit-in-the-headlights-bloke-friendly staff. And rather than guessing from the sizes (which do vary from manufacturer to manufacturer), make a day of it - take her out to choose it with you.

I still owe my missus a trip to Covent Garden from Christmas... :)

pez

Can't get enough of FH
well shes turning 18 size 10 and like 34B i think and i've got a limit of £100 to £150 so pretty easy to buy for i think.

going to take a trip to my local La Senza on tuesday and see what i can find. Was thinking a corset/basque type think because that seems more special than just bra and knickers. if it wasn't for a particularly special occasion i would go for more every day underwear.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
When i went to La Senza to get my gf something, i was really embarrassed.

But thankfully the assistants were friendly and i knew one of them so they helped me out

Will

/bin/su
Brynn said:
When i went to La Senza to get my gf something, i was really embarrassed.
But shopping for underwear is great fun. You are allowed to go in, look at underwear, imagine what it looks like on your other half / anyone you want, then buy it. :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Brynn said:
...and i knew one of them so they helped me out

... I hope she helped you put it back away after too :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
just so you know....I read in my GF's Elle (yeah I know. but still, know your enemy and stuff) that lingerie is *the* most returned product by womenfolk. when they get it as a gift from their men that is. so.........keep the receipt :)

aaaand....take her with you! that's loads of fun! (though my gf gets in a bad mood from fitting things she gets in a great mood from buying things and an even better mood from getting things given to her ;))

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Will said:
But shopping for underwear is great fun. You are allowed to go in, look at underwear, imagine what it looks like on your other half / anyone you want, then buy it. :)

Not when there was a set of BBW (but minus the beautiful) chavs in there :puke:

Bloop

Fledgling Freddie
pez said:
well shes turning 18 size 10 and like 34B i think and i've got a limit of £100 to £150 so pretty easy to buy for i think.

going to take a trip to my local La Senza on tuesday and see what i can find. Was thinking a corset/basque type think because that seems more special than just bra and knickers. if it wasn't for a particularly special occasion i would go for more every day underwear.

Ooh, if you're set on a corset, then I'd suggest looking at this website -
www.vollers-corsets.com
They're actually proper corsets, well made and steel boned, and will make one to your girlfriend's measurements, in the fabric/colour of your picking, depending on which style you want. They're quite expensive, but you should be able to find one within your budget.. it's just waiting time you have to watch out for. You could always give her a catalogue and tell her to choose one herself?
Or, there's another good corset website here -
www.fairygothmother.com
Ignore the goffick references, they have a huge amount of designs there including the Vollers range and if you check the current stock you could possibly find one already made in your girlfriend's size. Though the shop is based in London, Camden, so if you're nowhere near you'd have to order.

But proper corsets are so much nicer than plastic boned imitation fashion ones, and these last forever. (and no, they aren't uncomfortable)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Any advice here ? I know the wife wears the wrong bra size, she's a very stubborn woman :) No idea why she has a thing about it though. She's not fat or owt. I'd love to get her a proper fitting but how can you do that without sounding like a bastard ?

dr_jo

Fledgling Freddie
I guess try pointing out the benefits of properly fitting bras? They're *so* much more comfortable, and wrongly fitted ones can lead to back problems etc.
Most lingerie shops will do fitting; the best place depends on her bust size. The most common reason women wear the wrong size is that there's very little choice in their real size.

Jo

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
I'm suprised no-one has mentioned Ann Summers. My gf brought home the catalogue from a Ann Summers party she went to, and there's some really nice, sexy yet refined, stuff in there.

Might be worth a look.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Theres a really really nice pair of underwear. I cant remember who makes it exactly, but its made of silk, has a hole in the back and is tied at the back with a silk bow.

It's really nice.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I don't think Lingerie is sexy in the slightest. When I dabbled in it, it only made the gf even more self concious and it kinda only gave me a semi anyway.

What about this?

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Big G said:
I don't think Lingerie is sexy in the slightest. When I dabbled in it, it only made the gf even more self concious and it kinda only gave me a semi anyway.

What about this?

For once i'm actually thankful that my ISP blocks sites after reading the URL of that.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Oh man, please buy her a gimp mask, just for the laughter factor which will stay with us forever. :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
About the embarrasment factor of going into a ladyundie store:

Saying "It's for me" doesn't help :p

Meaning it when saying it is a different story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom