Sexism, racism and such "on the net".

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Thing is though in nerd/Internet/gaming culture words like rape don't have the same meaning as in real life. I think the real threat is the hip hop.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Have you listened to radio 1 lately pez? I think we need a strong crackdown to save the youth of today from the ill morals professed by music today. FOR THE CHILDREN.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
The words "Nigger Jew" where quite populair for a whiled in certain parts of DAoC.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
The words "Nigger Jew" where quite populair for a whiled in certain parts of DAoC.

I laughed at the insult "nigger Jew". Hard.

(disclaimer: I think racial slurs are terrible)

pez

Can't get enough of FH
FFS, now I have to stop using the word rape in online gaming. Fuck you Tohtori.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I told off once in group rvr for saying I felt deeply violated after a troll downed me. People who get upset by stuff like this should not play games online.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I told off once in group rvr for saying I felt deeply violated after a troll downed me. People who get upset by stuff like this should not play games online.

Difference in wording makes all the difference, to put it durply :D

Then again the whole point is that no one can stop you, but you can better your own behavior by thinking of smarter ways to insult people that really deserve the insultination.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Agree Toht but people playing MMO's should not expect everyone to adhere to their own personal sensibilities. Plus they know that these things are said in jest and not to be taken literally.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Quite, internet as a whole is a cesspool of filth and anonymous insults, it's given, but it doesn't hurt to think about it and as such, thought i'd spread the word.

As said, it's not forbidden, but it's not right either ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom